Stayokay Rotterdam Cube Hostel Reviews

Overblaak 85-87, Rotterdam, Netherlands

The staff is great, very friendly and open to help. I was in a 10 bed mixed with just one toilet to share inside the bathroom, that's not practical, it would be nice if they had common bathrooms one could use in the case of the dorm's bathroom being occupied. If they DO have them, i was not informed :S They don't have lockers included in the rate, i think that's kind of old nowadays. Great breakfast! Disgusting coffee XD

Had a lovely stay which suited our needs and would recommend

Stayokay Rotterdam Cube Hostel has a great environment and nice conditions to stay overnight. I advise tourists staying here. Besides this hostel is very well placed (city heart), you'll find cleanliness, friendly staff and a great cost effective. Just try it!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

The location is very nice but it is a bit difficult to find the entrance at first. The hostel is clean and staff are nice. It is just not very special inside than the outside. But the room is clean. It still worth the money.

Nice clean hostel, great value for money.

• 11th Jun 2015

First of all excellent hostel. You must know this is located in the Rotterdam cube houses which in itself is a tourist attraction. Facilities were good and free breakfast was included. Rooms were a tad small but the bathrooms were excellent. Would recommend it overall

Great stay at this memorable hostel. I had no issues at all here for my two days and plan on staying here again when I return in a few weeks. It may not be in a touristy area but it is a perfect hub for anything you want to do in the Netherlands. Breakfast was the same as all breakfasts here in Europe so far so that would be the only thing I'd say this hostel lacked. Granted I don't like breakfast food usually so I'm biased. Best hostel yet on my journey. Keep doing what your doing guys! :)

A wonderful free breakfast, wonderful location, and bathroom in our dorm. Only downsides was that the wifi only worked in the common room (which isn't uncommon) and you have to pay extra for lockers. Besides that it was a good hostel and I would probably stay here again.

Firstly, it is an iconic building! Then with all the usual facilities meeting expectations, this hostel becomes an excellent choice.

The location was great and the facilities were good. The shower was okay because you had to press the button for water and it would run out after a minute, but otherwise everything else was good. The staff was really nice and they had a great breakfast.

Very nice hostel, very clean and the breakfast included is REALLY good (buffet with bread, meats, cheese, yogurt ect) Close to the market & metro and in a very cool building. We stayed in the 7 bed female dorm which was spacious. Atmosphere is lacking in the bar, even on weekends (A lot of young kids/ families the weekend we were there) but there are very cool bar areas nearby that you can walk to. We had an awesome stay here.

Bedden niet geweldig en niet erg functionele badkamers. Verder niks op aan te merken.

• 9th May 2015
  • Belgium

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Everything was clean and the facilities seemed brand new. I was in a 7 bed dorm but I had the entire room to myself. It was very nice. The room also had its own bathroom with a shower so I didn't have to go outside like I have to in other hostels. There wasn't much of an atmosphere but that's because I stayed during the low season. More people should visit Rotterdam! It's a great city. Living in these cubes was so cool.

Amazing location! Steps away from Markthall and many other fun attractions. The included breakfast saves a ton and makes the stay even better. Plus, staying in some world famous architecture for that price is pretty amazing! I would surely return back here. Highly recommended.

Great location and architecture facade, boring interior.

I slept in a 8 bed room and there was lots of room and I would definitely stay again

I just stayed one day in Rotterdam to check out the new Markthal, the train station, cube houses etc.. The location of the hostel is incredible. It is right in the middle of most of the attractions in town inside the famous cube houses. While the bed was a bit too hard for me, the breakfast was very good for a hostel, almost reminds you of a hotel breakfast.There is a subway, tram and even train station right across from the hostel and therefore makes a perfect base for exploring the city

We stayed one night 22-23th March 2015, and the hostel was really good. It is in good location, the beds are good and comfy and the price includes breakfast which was really good fulfilling and it includes in the price. it was like being in a good hotel. Also the building was really easy to find because of street signs and the unique design of the building, they also have an elevator.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Finland

Our room was very clean and comfortable. However, it got extremely cold at night. Maybe there's a way to adjust the temperature better because we didn't get to fix it.

• 17th Mar 2015

Amazing stay in an amazing building. Can't wait to return!