Stayokay Utrecht - Bunnik Reviews

Rhijnauwenselaan 14, Bunnik, Utrecht, Netherlands

This hostel has a great view of sunrise and sunset. The building is so unique I feel like you I'm staying in a castle even the decoration inside the room is basic dorm stuff. Travelling during the winter is good because not so busy and less tourists. It's a bit far from the city but that it's perfect for me. Unfortunately it's too cold to hangout in the courtyard which is the only common area in this hostel. Unlikely to meet other travellers during winter but I think summer will be busy outside.

This place was a little hard to find in the dark! There were not a lot of guests staying here so we were able to park our car right outside our "cabin" type building. But not sure where parking actually is. Room was big and clean. Very cold when we got there and quite cold in the night. I think staying here in the summer would be fun! Breakfast in the morning in the "big house" was quite nice!!

It was for just o e day but the attention was perfect and the room was clean and without any kind of problem. The outside was excellent and it near the city. Just take a bus or a bike. Thank you.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Best option for this hostel is to rent/have a bike... so, you can enjoy the city of Utrecht without the curfew of public transport or rather expensive parking fees . It is a very relax (15-20minutes-ish) ride (by bike) to/from the hostel. You can get a nice fresh air morning-walk in the beautiful surroundings. breakfast was good. staff was friendly and helpfull. beds where good, clean, etc.... Would recommend!

Nice place, I will return

Arriving quite late at night, we were put off by the locationlocation at first. However, don't let it put you off. The staff are amazing, made us feel very welcome, the journey into Utrecht is beautiful and it was all around one of a kind experience.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Wales

I caught two burglars robbing my backpack. They ran off through the emergency exit. They had also forced open my locker. Luckily I had all my valuables with me. Scary stuff!

Absolutely beautiful location amongst farm land and residential area but a good distance from the city center (worth renting a bike to enjoy the scenery!). The staff is very friendly and helpful. Dorm room is nothing special but with good heater and plenty of outlets. wifi only in common areas. Breakfast is really fresh and plentiful.

Beautiful location, all be it a little out of the way, on a huge property. Excellent and friendly staff, very accomodating. Huge place with a good value breakfast and a nice cheap bar. Definitely a recommended stay.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Was not very clean. It had advertised lockers, which really turned out to be cupboards. Its quite far away. However the free breakfast was fantastic, but other than that... Not great.

The hostel is tucked away in an awesome wooded area and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't go for a bike ride. The one thing I will say is that this is a hotel for all intents and purposes, so don't go in expecting the same atmosphere as a smaller hostel.

Location is as advertised - not close to the city but beautiful wooded area, with lots to explore nearby. Has a very quiet, cottage feel. Bar an eating area had great atmosphere, rooms were clean, but no lockers, and the shower/bathroom was a little rustic..

Great location. Loved being just it's ode the city, beautiful and short 15 minute bike to the Centre. Staff were amazing. 10/10. Would recommend.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a little bit far from town centre, but the bus connection is good enough. Quite place, suit for weekend leisure. Fantastic free breakfast, friendly staff. I recommend.

Stayokay is the perfect hostel if you're looking for a beautiful place to unwind and relax. The location isn't too hard to get to, and is an excellent spot to hire a bike and go exploring. Unfortunately the staff changed our rooms without telling us, which was very frustrating when you have made day plans and then have to pack up and check out without warning. Besides this we really enjoyed our stay and recommend it to anyone who enjoys nature away from the city.

Not a typical hostel. More of a camping/retreat place. Quite a few families etc. Good value, way out of town but if you need a break it's a good spot to relax. Just rent a bicycle and you'll be in town in 5 minutes. Bad wifi, doesn't reach rooms.

We will recommend you to put hanger in each room. Cleanliness is very poor. We will recommend you to clean a room once/week (to sweep the floor etc.). All the best!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

This place is magical. It was the highlight of my trip and I can't wait to come and stay again someday. It's outside of the city, but don't let that bother you, seriously. The main building is built over a little river, there are swans and geese and horses just hanging around everywhere, and the walking paths nearby are lovely. There's a little restaurant right nearby, too, with grass seating on the river. Staff were so nice, cafe was reasonably priced and good, bike rental was easy and cheap.

So far out of town, so beware, and kind of confusing to get too, but overall this place as nice. The breakfast was good and free. It was a really cute building too. It was clean. Wifi doesn't work in rooms, which is annoying. Also a guest kitchen would be nice. When you're traveling on a budget you don't want to pay for supper every night.

Clean place, friendly staff, very nice area. A bit far from the center though, especially if you want to party. Breakfast included was okay.

• 20th Jun 2015