Stayokay Utrecht - Bunnik Reviews

Rhijnauwenselaan 14, Bunnik, Utrecht, Netherlands

The hostel is far from the city but it has a bus stop near by. It is nice hostel to get away from the city for a night the only bad thing about the hostel is that nothing is close the it not even a store.

It was lovely to stay in Stayokay-Bunnik. The hostel is surrounded by nature; woods, fields, lakes...it's like scaping from the world. Everything was super clean, people was so respectful and quiet when others were sleeping, breakfast was amazing and the staff really helpful. I'd recommend it to people who want to relax, like nature and do sport.

In general terms, everything was really good. The room, bathroom and the bed were very clean. There should be more plug ins in the rooms. The breakfast was excellent.

• 15th May 2015
  • Colombia

Absolutely beautiful place. In the woods, lots of walking and biking trails. A nice getaway. Very hot showers. We were in the annex building which wasn't quite as nice but still a comfortable loft within the room

No washing machine or kitchen, and wi fi didn't work too well in the rooms. However, it is quite scenic and a very nice break from cities. Went in spring, but I can imagine how beautiful it would be in the summer.

Excellent hostel in a great city. Location is idyllic, quiet and spacious. Very cool bar/restaurant and breakfast facilities. Mixed crowd. 15-20 minute cycle from Utrecht Centrum. Would not hesitate to book again.

Location is hard to get to, but very nice surroundings. Close to an old fort and wonderful nature. Walking paths close by. Good for winding down and being out of a city while on a longer trip. They have a nice hostelbar, traditional old brown Dutch café.

This hostel is pretty different to anywhere I have stayed before. A little out of town, but a manageable walk on a nice day. The location was a dream - rivers, open fields, beautiful scenery, very relaxing. It was a little frustrating that there was no kitchen and limited catering, but the breakfast was stunning. And the rooms were pretty average, could have done with a better clean in the shower, but it was definitely good value for money and I would definitely go back.

Excellent hostel and environment. If your purpose is to go biking everywhere, then this is an excellent hostel. Also, great area to sleep well.

Set in a beautiful old building, not situated in Utrecht, or even easy to get to from Utrecht, I had a bike and still it was really hard to find, still you could do worse. I fucken hate hostels without a kitchen but all stay okays are like that

The hostel is set in a beautiful park and it's not too difficult to reach the town. The free breakfast was fantastic and in the most beautiful old house! A kitchen for cooking would have been great as the hostel did not really provide meals and the only restaurant close by is a bit pricey for a traveller's budget.

This hostel is in the middle of a park, so if you like roaming through nature this might be for you. However, it's also a 20 minutes walk from the next train station which I knew before, though. The beds were not entirely clean when I checked in at around 3pm. The facilities were average but lockers were lacking! The wifi didn't work in the dorms, only in the common room. At night I was pestered by mosquitoes; it would be nice if there were a bug screen or something similar. Breakfast was okay.

This place is about 15-20min by bus from the city centre, it's like a resort in the countryside with a hotel attached, lots of families in the area. Not ideal if you like a place in the centre, but it's in a beautiful location for walks through the forest or some fresh air. No kitchen available, but the breakfast is excellent: huge range of food with cereals, different breads, spreads, biscuits, boiled eggs, yoghurt, tea and coffee, juices, ham and cheese, fruit. The rooms aren't very clean.

Beautiful location literally in a forest- perfect if you're after a bit of a nature retreat. Wifi worked well in common areas. Bunks were comfortable though shower was a bit average. Provided breakfast was the absolute best hostel breakfast I have ever experienced. Overall a very pleasant sta!

Facilities were good, amenities were overall outstanding. Location is in Bunnik, a good walk from Utrecht, but doable. When I was there, there was a primary school trip or something and there were tons of screaming kids. Not exactly what I expected from a hostel.

Very disapointed because we booked 2 beds in a 10 beds dorms but it was in reality 6 beds and an under bed matress. We arrived around 12 and the beds were not cleaned and no new set of sheets on it. When we came back at 11pm someone else took one of our bed so it was only one bed and an under bed matress left and only one set of sheet and a blanket. Horrible night and when we complained the day after at the reception desk they told us that they can't do anything, I don't recommend this hostel

• 26th Apr 2014

Loved having a hostel where we had our own bathroom. Never did figure out the lockers, but had absolutely no problem leaving my stuff out in the open anyway. The staff are amazing, some of the nicest, most patient hostel staff I've encountered. The hostel sits in the middle of a small community in the suburb so the friendliness is almost overwhelming. I'll be staying here every time I'm in Holland. Cheers!

• 24th Apr 2014

simply the shared room was not in a good condition, and the shower was by far the dirtiest place I have been washed my self in a long time! the staff proved nice and available, but even after informing about the condition of the room, didn't really do anything. about the location, there are not two ways about it..it's a little far from the attractions of interest of the area, but that's not big problem, I knew about it.

• 20th Apr 2014

Awesome location! In the middle of a huge park, quite and relaxing. Rooms in the average about comfort and cleanliness, but no lockers provided. Easily connected to the city center with bus, around 20 minutes far from Utrecht.

• 28th Mar 2014

The lockers in the rooms could not be locked, and were not numbered. Good thing we didn't travell in the busy season. Stayokay Utrecht staff, please fix that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5