Steffi's Hostel Heidelberg Reviews

Alte Eppelheimer Str. 50, Heidelberg, Germany

1959 Total Reviews

convenient location plus very nice service

Huge hostel with circa 100 beds and great location if you travel by Bus or Train. Just a couple of minutes away from Main Station. €1.30 for a bus/tram ticket one way to go to the city center or 30 minutes by walk. Clean Hostel, toilet and kitchen, but it was partially renovate in 2009, for sure not built or new. Poor room. A good change is the 3€ breakfast.

• 4th Feb 2016

Location is really close to the train station but a bus ride from the main historical part.

I felt safe! Sheets were clean, nice size room. Staff at the front desk was very helpful!

• 30th Jan 2016

5 minutes walk from main station , but it is a little difficult to find the exactly location without Google Map . Hostel staff is very nice and helpful as well

• 26th Jan 2016

Excellent location, few minutes walk from the Hauptbahnhof. The staff is nice and helpful. The room is quite big and clean.

Terrible lift, room smelled during my stay and the shower is ridiculous.. Only great thing is the location to the train station, but bit far off from the oldtown. Helpful staffs and a special shoutout to xiaogang that made my stay memorable.

Good hostel, the staff is really nice, Good bathrooms. Location is not the best, located near the central station but a bit far from the old town like 15 mins walking.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Close to central station, but a bit far away from downtown.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

Pros: - Very near to Main Station - Kitchen is a plus for travellers on budget - Good price and spacious dorm rooms Cons: - Shared toilets and bathrooms Summary: Would definitely recommend this place for a short getaway

the staff was very helpful and the facility is nice and clean. good value!

Great hostel, good value for money and really close from the train station

Such a nice change from so many other German hostels. Greeted by fantastic staff who helped me numerous times during my stay, free towel to use, clean and bright rooms, great kitchen with free tea and coffee, and met so many great people. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Heidelberg. Only drawbacks would be the timer on the shower, and also the location compared to the Alstadt, but it isn't far to walk or catch the tram, or there is free bike hire at the hostel.

No bathrooms in the room but they had a separate shower room that was very clean. They even had a bathroom that was separate from the shower room which i liked. That was also very clean. The hostel wasn't in the best location though. It was pretty far from the Main Street and there's no public transportation to get there from the hostel but I walked and even though it was far I was fine.

Everything was perfect and there were lots of signs that made the place very easy to find. The only downsides are that the elevator was scary and I thought we were going to get murdered, and my key stopped working the morning we were leaving; luckily my friend was still in the room. Overall an excellent first time staying in a hostel and it surprises me that they don't have them in the US.

It takes only 5 minutes from the station. The location is very nice. My friends and I were very surprised because the room where we stayed was really nice! The breakfast is only 3 euro and it has cereal, bread, cheese, ham, coffee, juice, milk etc. I really recommend this hostel.

Great in some areas, lacking in others. Poor atmosphere, but great facilities (laundry, kitchen etc) and helpful staff. Location made it easily accessible by public transport but a longer walk to the old city centre. Hostel was well maintained but still felt slightly dated and not that welcoming.

I didn't end up staying here, but the staff easily cancelled my booking via email.

The hostel is located right in front of the station. However the station is a bit too far away from the city centre. The hostel was super quite but I could not sleep well due to the noise from outside.

There is some construction going on all around the hostel, which makes it very difficult to find the right entrance, there are no big sign of the hostel's name and the smell direction sign around the area pointed me to the totally wrong direction. The hostel room is ok, if there is a charger next to every bed would be much better, the shower room is clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4