Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Service and value for money is exceptional. Location is perfect; between china town and main night restaurant and bar district. Dominic at reception was exceptional, he spent 20minutes with me explaining places to eat sights to see and time required to do each. This type of service is rare in se asia no matter what your budget! For $6.50 a night this place is great value. Well done Dominic!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

A great stay in this well run and innovative hotel in Taipei...great to meet the owner Mr Mico and appreciated the management and staff taking extra good care of me; Wilson and Juller the stand out staff for me!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • India

An special place to meet good people and a lovely staff that will make your trip much easier. Accessible prices and you've what you paid for, I just really enjoy it

• 8th Jul 2014
  • El Salvador

this is a good place to stay with a nice area to sit and socialise with other travellers. you can walk to most of the "places of interest" and it is close to train services. the staff are knowledgeable and friendly.

I really liked the friendly staff, they help u a lot!! cheers guys!

Amazing guesthouse loved it staff are the best especially Jonas

• 27th Jun 2014

Great place great staff very friendly and helpful

stayed here after reading positive reviews and it certainly lived up to its expectation.. very friendly and helpful staff.. If you dont have an Itinerary for KL come here and they will tell you everything thats worth doing :)

• 22nd Jun 2014

I suppose it's good value for KL. Location is great but rooms and facility's are basic and looking very warn down now. Staff was very welcoming and very very helpful so thank you. A good backpacker option but only for a night or two. I personally wouldnt stay here again

What really makes this hostel is the atmosphere and the staff. The two guys on the reception were so helpful and without their insights into the city and a list of places to go I don't think Kula Lumpur would have been as amazing.

Awesome staff! Helpful to a fault from the moment we arrived. Even though I'd accidentally booked the wrong date, they accommodated my wife and I. We booked a private double, they nearly gave us the family room (way more $) just so we'd have more privacy. Ended up having an open double room. Gave detailed map and directions everywhere. Tips on food, attractions, what was worth it, where to avoid, cheap meals. Hilarious sense of humour. Easy to find. Clean. Great value. Would stay again!

Everything was excellent! Tips, attention and availability! Super friendly and welcoming! Thank you for everything!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Staff: The staff at Step Inn is the main reason to stay there. They are all so nice, funny and helpful.Thank you!!!! Location: The location is perfect. We never had to take a taxi Everything is within walking distance Tea and Coffee all day,simple Breakfast ( Toast,butter,jam),One free meal,Free Towels - Construction site next to the Hostel pretty loud - Not all rooms are equipped with a mosquito net and it gets pretty warm In the rooms without air con -Only one plug in 2p room

I was not happy about security in particular. At times there was no-one on the desk and it would have been easy for anyone to enter the upstairs area. The hostel was not particularly clean - walls, floors and showers in particular.

• 11th Jun 2014

It's basic but you get exactly what is described, so no complaints. I enjoyed my stay here. The staff are helpful and friendly. It's a fairly easy walk to Bukit Bintang and other attractions, and easy to get to bus/train stations for when you move on. Good if you're only staying in KL a short time.

Spartan rooms but clean, helpful friendly staff, good location. Ok for price in central KL

Always return to Steps Inn throughout my RTW travel transitting through Malaysia. I love their free baggage storage policy. I like two hostels in KL, that is Steps Inn and the another one near Pasir Seni LRT but they charge for bag storage which is why I go to Steps Inn. Alan the Boss is awesome!

Great hostel in an excellent location! Staff are super friendly and incredibly knowledgable and willing to assist with any query you have. Free food nightly at the Hindu temple down the street is a bonus. This will be the only place i stay if i return to KL.

The staff were amazing very helpful and friendly. The location is in the middle of the city so very easy to get about to the sights. Only bad thing which was no fault of the hostel is that next door was a construction site which our room was facing so no long lay ins .

We had a great time with Step Inn - mostly because Dominic was super helpful. He caught us as we were about to head out on the town for the first time and called us over for a 20 minute chat about the best places to go/things to do in KL, which was appreciated because we're too cool for school and wouldn't normally ask for that kind of help.

• 23rd May 2014