Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I really liked it. The staff was amazing and the location is great. The guesthouse has everything a good hostel needs and everybody was very helpful - even the cleaner. A very good choice!

Really nice hostel, extremely friendly staff, very easy to find and within a walking distance to many sights. Would definitely stay here again!

We enjoyed our stay - Location was great, price was right, bed was soft, staff was nice, coffee was hot, and we liked the book exchange. Other guests seemed to enjoy each other's company here - We are quiet and private so didn't take full advantage of the friend making opportunities, but we got good vibes. Hot water was lacking and the room was cramped with hard pillows and one very thin blanket - this is a hostel and we weren't expecting 5 star luxury! We would recommend this spot to others

• 14th Nov 2015

Staff is the best part. Maki (Polish guy) was super helpful. A good spot to stay for sure.

Functional and nice Great staff Rooms a little bit old and dingy but fine Nice hot water showers perfectly good for the price

• 28th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff were very nice, especially Victoria. The location was out of the way difficult to find it the first time around. The major complaint was that I was shown how to use the AC and it made it difficult the first few nights because the room gets extremely hot. Unbearable.

Close to the big bus station and china town. Great staff. And good environment to meet people.

Good place to stay for u few nights. Perfect value for the money

Nice hostel.

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The facilities are basic, but they're clean & there's everything you need. The best part is the incredibly friendly & welcoming staff & the atmosphere that they manage to create. You immediately feel part of the family, & probably won't want to leave. Thanks guys!

Stayed here for one night, got grossed out looking at the washrooms. Although the staff is excellent and very helpful, which was the only good thing about staying in this hostel. It could be a better place if the hygienic standards were better. Stay here if you're low on budget.

Staff were fab, couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Great having tea, coffee and water available. Directions were super. Place could do with a good scrub.

• 27th Sep 2015

Great hostel, very chill location. alot better value than reggae mansion which alot of people tend to stay at.

Backpackers are a minority here, mostly 30+ people who can't afford the high Singapore prices and don't stay for the fun of it. Very good breakfast, high level of cleanliness and helpful staff.

Stayed in the mixed dorm and I can't really complain about it. $5 a night. Free towel to use, free "simple" breakfast. Free water refill. The facilities are a little Spartan and the dorm is kind of small but I only use the room to sleep. There were some new staff members there when I stayed (Anya & Veronica I think) who did a really good job for it only being their first few days. Ophelia also gives a great walkthrough of the hostel and map. Beats reggae mansion IMO because of the price.

Lovely place, great atmosphere and the staff were amazing (especially the polish guy) we liked it so much we stayed an extra night

• 15th Sep 2015

This is my second time staying here and with good reason! The hostel has a great location - very close to Pudu Central, airport transfer and China town. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. It does get a little hot in the dorms but KL is boiling anyway. I will stay here again definately! :)

a lot of noise with neighbouhood in the hotel,all the night the sheets were very dirty first day : I ask to change them next day the staff is very kind

• 25th Aug 2015

Private rooms are small and very hot. Very average, nothing special here. I will not stay here for long. not so confortable place overall.

Good place for backpackers amd/or a short-term stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3