Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Staff were fab, couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Great having tea, coffee and water available. Directions were super. Place could do with a good scrub.

• 27th Sep 2015

Stayed in the mixed dorm and I can't really complain about it. $5 a night. Free towel to use, free "simple" breakfast. Free water refill. The facilities are a little Spartan and the dorm is kind of small but I only use the room to sleep. There were some new staff members there when I stayed (Anya & Veronica I think) who did a really good job for it only being their first few days. Ophelia also gives a great walkthrough of the hostel and map. Beats reggae mansion IMO because of the price.

Lovely place, great atmosphere and the staff were amazing (especially the polish guy) we liked it so much we stayed an extra night

• 15th Sep 2015

This is my second time staying here and with good reason! The hostel has a great location - very close to Pudu Central, airport transfer and China town. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. It does get a little hot in the dorms but KL is boiling anyway. I will stay here again definately! :)

a lot of noise with neighbouhood in the hotel,all the night the sheets were very dirty first day : I ask to change them next day the staff is very kind

• 25th Aug 2015

Private rooms are small and very hot. Very average, nothing special here. I will not stay here for long. not so confortable place overall.

Good place for backpackers amd/or a short-term stay

Really lovely hostel staff who gave us a full tour as soon as we got there. Great location 10 mins from Chinatown. A good way to meet people as there are a couple of communal areas, one with a TV. our double room was nice and big (if not a little dark!) and had everything we needed. Would stay here again, thanks for having us!

Wonderful and helpful staff en relaxed atmosphere :) Everyone was nice. Facilities are basic but clean and it's conveniently located, subway wise. Would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel and great stuff! I had a lovely stay.

i dont know what i must to tell this hostel. they hae staff so friendly but for the toilet i dont think so. The bathrooms and toilet no water. every floor no water. so how i can get take shower, poop and pee? i must going to my house's friend for shower. arrh its horrible. i dont think going back this place while they hve good staff.

We are sorry about your bad experience here, actually that day quite a few areas were hit by a pipe burst from 6th to 7th of August, including the area the hostel is in. The hostel management was doing everything within out power to improve the situation, but, unfortunately, this water disruption was out of our hands. The cleaning staff was doing their best to keep the toilets at some resemblance of cleanliness We apologize for inconvenience, Step Inn Management

The staff was friendly and helped us to explore the city. They are all travellers so they can relate to you. The only problem with our stay was that we had no water for two full days. No showering, flushing the toilet or brushing your teeth. Resulting in very unsanitary situations and bad images in your mind..

Very nice and helpful staff. They are not lying about making you feeling home. Also in good walking distance to many major places. Would stay there again!

It is a very nice and quiet Place you van have in this Hostel what ever you want when you want Party you can have Party and when you want a quiet Place for chill out you can have it here ;) Bevor i come to this Hostel i have Been in an other Hostel in Chinatown and that was very bad no athmosphere and so i changed the Place and here was it very good ;) i ll be back here again should i be once again in kuala lumpur. Thanks for the awsome stay her.

Calm, clean and cheap place to stay near Chinatown.

Great experience here; great location, loads of food options nearby and the wifi was brilliant! Rooms and bathroom were nice and clean. Staff were amazing. This was actually our second stay with them and they welcomed us back very warmly.

An overall good place to stay. Helpful staff that is always on duty (so you don't have to worry about getting locked out). Located near a bus terminal to the airport and also an international food street. Rooms were clean and well-cooled. Wi-fi was good. My only complaint was that the building itself felt a bit austere to me, but the service was spot-on.

We booked private room with A/C. It smelled of moist. Bathroom was also terrible. Not properly cleaned. We asked for another room and they gave us one without A/C and bathroom, but didn't smell of moist. We could use bathroom in our old smelly room. Breakfast is really small simple as they tell you at the reception (toast, butter and jam and that's it). Staff is excellent. Kind and very helpful. Location is ok. Very near China town and transport to the airport.

the staff are very cheerful particularly the receptionist but the hostel has a bit of a wierd vibe with more solo and older travelers at least while I was there. The beds were very comfortable in the double bed privates but there were no screens to protect from mosquitos on the windows and the room without ac was very stuffy. overall though, because of the location (close to metro and right in the middle of everything) I would stay here again.

Awesome people and place! The staff was really nice and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3