Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No air conditioning. Weird smell in the dorms (I stayed in two and they both smelt bad). Staff friendly enough. There must be better available for the same money.

central kul value for money security

• 26th Feb 2015
  • India

This hostel was in a great location. Everything was in walking distance as my friend and I chose this option to see more of Kuala Lumpur. The directions to the hostel was easily followed as they stated landmarks to ensure you're going the right way. 24 hour security, which was great because we could see more of the night life and street vendors and still get into the hostel. The twin room was standard and clean with a fan, but wished we opted for A/C. Only bad thing I would give are the ants.

+ good location (walking distance everywhere), friendly and helpful staff, good value - shower could be a bit cleaner But overall it was good and I would stay again.

We arrived to the hostel early in the morning tired and weary and were met with such warm and helpful staff. It made such a difference to our morning, and to the duration of our stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable, with good wifi and perfectly adequate bathroom facilities. Would definitely stay again - many thanks to all the team at Step Inn!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay, Wi-fi connection is great, hostel provides simple breakfast, also hostel has kitchen, fridge and filtred water all day long, Private room is a little bit dark, but it's ok.

One of the best places we've ever stayed in. We got upgraded to a better room for no extra charge just because they had one available. The place is really close to anything what you can dream of - the bus station, restaurants, shops, party district, subway, you name it. One of the best internet connections in Malaysia. 10/10! It's not that I want to stay there again, I would love to live there.

I was very happy with my stay here, I just wish I had more time to explore the city. The staff were really welcoming and helpful giving me hints and tips to explore. If I'm back in KL I'll stay here again.

Great location - in walking distance of Chinatown, Little India, KL Tower and Petronas Twin Towers, everything. Also close to bus station Pudu Sentral, which is perfect if you plan to go around Malaysia. Staff is very friendly and helps you with tips about KL. They gave us a map on our first day and on the map they marked everything that is interesting about it. Very practical :-) Breakfast is basic, but there is plenty and you also have coffee and tea facilities all day long.

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and had a lovely time! The staff are really friendly and helpful: just ask and they'll tell you anything you need to know about getting around, things to do, etc. There's always someone on the front desk too: I arrived at about 4AM and there was someone there. Really friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Beds were perfectly comfortable and clean. Only downside was the A/C in our dorm was a bit hard to control, but perfectly functional; TBH you get that 90% of places.

• 7th Feb 2015

Hi Natasha, Thank you for your kind review. We do our best to accommodate each and every guest who '' Step In'' to our small and friendly world. Really appreciate your compliments and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Amazing staff, atmosphere everything

Thank you for your kind review. Really appreciate your short and sweet comments and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

I want to keep it short - great value for your money with awesome stuff. I can highly recomend it :)

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your great review - short but sweet. We hope you have an awesome journey ahead. Look forward to welcoming you back. Take care !

Probably the best hostel staff I have met. Everyone was great! All of them were more than happy to answer any questions and were generally just cool people to hang around with. Definitely recommend.

Great location, walking distance to all major sights in Kuala Lumpur. Staff extremely friendly and always at disposal for any kind of assistance and information.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

Hi Dino, Thank you so much for your kind words, we are happy to know you have enjoyed here and we hope to see you next time with your friends. Have a very nice day ahead.

Needed a place to stay for a couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur that was accessible to get about and this hostel happens to be bang in the middle of the city even a little peak of the twin towers. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was clean, a good value for money.

Location was just great. Staff in general was good and Donnie and Lauren at the front desk were outstanding. Would definitely stay there again. Only negative was that smoking in the common area near reception was being allowed. I believe that no smoking should be allowed indoors. Thank you. Mahesh

The american couple at reception were so awesome and helpful to explain where to go and got to get around town, it really helped a lot! The room and upper level had a pretty bad smell, as the negative goes. I can't figure it what it was, but it wasn't pleasant.

Especially staff (Dominic) was very nformative, helpful and friendly

most amazing staff ever. always happy to come back here!!

Helpful and great staff. Simple and clean rooms. Good location. Definitely coming here again next time when I'm in KL. And they have the quickest and best loundry what I have had in Asia!

• 5th Jan 2015