Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Especially staff (Dominic) was very nformative, helpful and friendly

most amazing staff ever. always happy to come back here!!

Helpful and great staff. Simple and clean rooms. Good location. Definitely coming here again next time when I'm in KL. And they have the quickest and best loundry what I have had in Asia!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Finland

very good, helpful, friendly staff that really care about their visitors

Rundown,dirty place.They were doing some construction which wasn't finished and that had a huge hole not even half covered by a thin,weather beaten,scary board.You had to cross that to get to your (dark)room,and hopefully with some luck you wouldn't fall down the 2storey drop.Our bathroom was so small that you literally had to straddle the toilet to use the tiny washbasin and shower.Forget about proper flushing,you'll need a bucket. We'd probably recommend this place just to our worst ennemies

A great place to relax and meet friends, right in the city center. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room is basic but it's worth the price. Overall I would say it's a great value for your money.

Everything perfect, staff is helping a lot. Major sights in walking distance. Bus station and subway nearby.Definitelly recommend.

A good place to stay, in a good location.

We had a very pleasant stay at the Step Inn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We rented a private room for two nights. Although we had a pleasant stay, the room did not quite meet my expectations. The photos on the website showed a brightly lit room. Our room was very dark as the walls were painted black. Also, the description of the room on the website said it had a window. But, I did not expect that when opening the curtain, it would afford a perfect view of the laundry room.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel if u are looking for sthg to chill out that offers great value for your money. the atmosphere is amazing and the staff outstandingly friendly..thx guys!!

Best place for backpacker's if to. Great chill out areaarea, a kitchen use free, free breakfast, tea and coffee all day long. Everything is clean an proper. The best everything important wanna in kl is within walk.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great location and a very relaxed atmosphere. Member of staff we dealt with was pretty disorganised and slow. Tin roof outside our room meant that the rain sounded 10x louder than it should have and the AC was turned off but rattled all night.

You get what you paid for. The bin in the toilets was overflowing with used toilet papers. The sofa at the rear balcony was covered with a thick layer of dust. The staff can't be bothered about cleanliness. I arrived at the hotel at around 6am after a long bus journey and was told by the staff that I can only checked in at 2pm. But one Caucasian couple and was allowed to check in at about 8 am. Why is there a double standard in service level?

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, check in time is 2 pm, and we rarely check guests in before. Our staff explained that the couple was given a room before you because they booked for the previous day but unfortunately missed their plane and arrived a day late. About the balcony, we are reconstructing the back lounge. There is a very large sign which says "Please Do Not Use the Balcony as a Resting Area.” Thank you for staying with us.

Really nice staff, great atmosphere. Good to meet people. Free tea,coffee,water and breakfast. - - - People are smoking in the lobby, no moskito screens in the dorm. A little old and wracked.

• 26th Dec 2014

great location and friendly ,funny , staff. I stayed for 1 night.but it seems stay will be fun.

Frankly, there are better options. Friends and I chose this place because of the advertised kitchen, which had a stovetop but no oven. The 24hr reception is awesome, as are the staff, but the place is rundown and grungy. I had a tiny private room and spent time in my friend's dorm room--beware the lack of A/C. The dual shower/toilet bathrooms are quite small, the free breakfast is bread + jam. Yay towels and book exchange. But facilities-wise, this might be the worst hostel I've ever stayed in.

A great place to hangout and meet people. A lot of laughs and a lot of fun.

I stayed 1 day and i have got really good advices, they showed me all kuala lumpur and they also gave me really good advices about malaysia where to go in this season, how to go, Where are the best hostels for islands, thank you for your schedule and welcoming blonde guy ( Sorry for forgot your name ). Hope to see you again guys thx a lot.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Alvin was the best hostel staff I habe ever had at a hostel in my travels in 2.5 months. Breakfast included as well as cheap beer and water made this place a great value.

• 21st Dec 2014

The facilities are very base but enough for the cheap price u pay. All the staff there are energetic and very helpful and always willing to chat with you and share their stories with you. Sometimes the staff would also invite you to go to a bar with them and have a cup of drink. Very good atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4