Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It was okay ... The toilet and shower leaked but I didn't bring it to their attention. We had guests (ants) but I didn't complain about this either I just embraced it. The air con was good with a fan... Wifi was alright .. I am a complete snob... So don't avoid but know what to expect. It was okay for the price in a city.

Had a really great stay there. Absolutely nothing to complain about. More than worth going there (especially for the cheap price!)

• 3rd May 2015

Not sure why this hostel has as many good reviews as it does... the one thing it does have going for it is the location which is pretty good! Unfortunately, I found the staff to be the least approachable people ever, especially the guy who worked the evenings. When I checked in I was given my key and told 'your room is the second floor' and nothing else. I went to reception a few times and always got the impression that I was inconveniencing them. Also, my room stank of stale cigarette smoke!!

Apology for the inconvenience caused staying with us. Our services is one of the best we have hence It was from our new Intern, we are constantly improving our intern with motivation and coaching our interns to provide the up most best services to our customer. Once again we apologies on matter.

very neat even it is small

• 28th Apr 2015
  • India

Very very good place! Love it. Keep on going.

Pretty dank & dingey, not a great atmosphere, just cheap and pretty central

Rooms were very dark and depressing. Not very compfortable. No atmosphere.

Thank you for you feedback. We provide basic accommodation for budget travelers visiting KL. Along with your room you also have access to a large communal living room and outside area. Please may it be noted that upon arrival you were upgraded free of charge to an air-conditioned en suite room. After checking out you stayed with us in the common area until the evening and gave no indication of your dissatisfaction with the accommodation.

I wasn't able to stay at this hostel unfortunately due to my younger sister's Visa on arrival being denied at the airport's immigration office....and we had to return to Singapore without setting foot in Kuala Lumpur.But we plan to visit again soon in the near future.But we read good reviews about this hostel so we chose to book this accommodation.

The staff are very nice!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • China

Andy and the rest of the staff were awesome, great speaking to other travels and hearing stories. Close to everything if you don't mind walking :)

Hepful staff, laid back atmosphere.

Close to restaurants and shops. Air conditioning was really nice as it was 30 Celsius at night. Would recommend if you're in KL for a day or a long time. Had some great social facilities in the back.

The tion of the hostel is literally as close as it could be! Walking distance to the Pudu Sentral, the train statin which for example takes you to the Batu caves is walking distance. To the Petrona Tower it was approx 20 min. We had breakfast included (basic as eveywhere: toast, jam, coffee and tea :)) and booked a basic double bed private with shared bathroom. Unfortunately we only had a fan and no ac, but anyways, WiFi worked and location is a plus!

The hostel was great for its price. Pretty central location, close to one of the major bus stations and LRT. It would be good if all the rooms had air conditioning, rather than some which do and some which use a fan instead. The fan struggled to keep cool in the high humidity of the city. Overall a good hostel though.

Nice and quiet place just very close to every place you'll want to visit in Kuala Lumpur, we enjoy our time in step inn for the first time and we repeted in our way back home! :)

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Positive: - Good location - Friendly and helpful staff Negative: Our Ensuite Room for 75 RM/night had - actually no window - very bad smell and not very clean - the bathroom was always wet and muggy - the sink was mounted over the toilet, absolutely not comfortable - worst thing: because the bathroom was always wet there are worms on the floor!

• 24th Mar 2015

Thank you for your constructive feedback and staying with us 7 nights, Fyi:- all our rooms comes with window, we believe you did not realize there is a window behind the curtain. Nevertheless we always inform our guests to let us know if there’s an issue so that we can take care of it instantly. Likewise have a good and safe journey ahead.

We are satisfied with almost everything except that toilet was leaking and the toilet bowl was not washed before we arrived. We also requested to give us 2 blankets since we were two, but still we got only one small blanket and 2 sheets. The rooms were dark which was good for sleeping. There was a window which faced another building.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Iran

We had a great stay in step inn. staff are great very helpful. Lobby area has great buzz to it and the free flow of tea and coffee all day and night was an extra bonus. Location excellent and rooms clean.

Nice place, good staff

• 20th Mar 2015

Good location and helpful staff. Central and quiet, even if a little lacking in character. My room was freshly painted [yay!] but the high % polyester sheets were a bit rough in the tropics.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels