Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I was very happy with my stay here, I just wish I had more time to explore the city. The staff were really welcoming and helpful giving me hints and tips to explore. If I'm back in KL I'll stay here again.

Great location - in walking distance of Chinatown, Little India, KL Tower and Petronas Twin Towers, everything. Also close to bus station Pudu Sentral, which is perfect if you plan to go around Malaysia. Staff is very friendly and helps you with tips about KL. They gave us a map on our first day and on the map they marked everything that is interesting about it. Very practical :-) Breakfast is basic, but there is plenty and you also have coffee and tea facilities all day long.

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and had a lovely time! The staff are really friendly and helpful: just ask and they'll tell you anything you need to know about getting around, things to do, etc. There's always someone on the front desk too: I arrived at about 4AM and there was someone there. Really friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Beds were perfectly comfortable and clean. Only downside was the A/C in our dorm was a bit hard to control, but perfectly functional; TBH you get that 90% of places.

• 7th Feb 2015

Hi Natasha, Thank you for your kind review. We do our best to accommodate each and every guest who '' Step In'' to our small and friendly world. Really appreciate your compliments and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Amazing staff, atmosphere everything

Thank you for your kind review. Really appreciate your short and sweet comments and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

I want to keep it short - great value for your money with awesome stuff. I can highly recomend it :)

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your great review - short but sweet. We hope you have an awesome journey ahead. Look forward to welcoming you back. Take care !

Probably the best hostel staff I have met. Everyone was great! All of them were more than happy to answer any questions and were generally just cool people to hang around with. Definitely recommend.

Great location, walking distance to all major sights in Kuala Lumpur. Staff extremely friendly and always at disposal for any kind of assistance and information.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

Hi Dino, Thank you so much for your kind words, we are happy to know you have enjoyed here and we hope to see you next time with your friends. Have a very nice day ahead.

Needed a place to stay for a couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur that was accessible to get about and this hostel happens to be bang in the middle of the city even a little peak of the twin towers. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was clean, a good value for money.

Location was just great. Staff in general was good and Donnie and Lauren at the front desk were outstanding. Would definitely stay there again. Only negative was that smoking in the common area near reception was being allowed. I believe that no smoking should be allowed indoors. Thank you. Mahesh

The american couple at reception were so awesome and helpful to explain where to go and got to get around town, it really helped a lot! The room and upper level had a pretty bad smell, as the negative goes. I can't figure it what it was, but it wasn't pleasant.

Especially staff (Dominic) was very nformative, helpful and friendly

most amazing staff ever. always happy to come back here!!

Helpful and great staff. Simple and clean rooms. Good location. Definitely coming here again next time when I'm in KL. And they have the quickest and best loundry what I have had in Asia!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Finland

very good, helpful, friendly staff that really care about their visitors

Rundown,dirty place.They were doing some construction which wasn't finished and that had a huge hole not even half covered by a thin,weather beaten,scary board.You had to cross that to get to your (dark)room,and hopefully with some luck you wouldn't fall down the 2storey drop.Our bathroom was so small that you literally had to straddle the toilet to use the tiny washbasin and shower.Forget about proper flushing,you'll need a bucket. We'd probably recommend this place just to our worst ennemies

A great place to relax and meet friends, right in the city center. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room is basic but it's worth the price. Overall I would say it's a great value for your money.

Everything perfect, staff is helping a lot. Major sights in walking distance. Bus station and subway nearby.Definitelly recommend.

A good place to stay, in a good location.

We had a very pleasant stay at the Step Inn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We rented a private room for two nights. Although we had a pleasant stay, the room did not quite meet my expectations. The photos on the website showed a brightly lit room. Our room was very dark as the walls were painted black. Also, the description of the room on the website said it had a window. But, I did not expect that when opening the curtain, it would afford a perfect view of the laundry room.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel if u are looking for sthg to chill out that offers great value for your money. the atmosphere is amazing and the staff outstandingly friendly..thx guys!!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels