Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

You get what you paid for. The bin in the toilets was overflowing with used toilet papers. The sofa at the rear balcony was covered with a thick layer of dust. The staff can't be bothered about cleanliness. I arrived at the hotel at around 6am after a long bus journey and was told by the staff that I can only checked in at 2pm. But one Caucasian couple and was allowed to check in at about 8 am. Why is there a double standard in service level?

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, check in time is 2 pm, and we rarely check guests in before. Our staff explained that the couple was given a room before you because they booked for the previous day but unfortunately missed their plane and arrived a day late. About the balcony, we are reconstructing the back lounge. There is a very large sign which says "Please Do Not Use the Balcony as a Resting Area.” Thank you for staying with us.

Really nice staff, great atmosphere. Good to meet people. Free tea,coffee,water and breakfast. - - - People are smoking in the lobby, no moskito screens in the dorm. A little old and wracked.

• 26th Dec 2014

great location and friendly ,funny , staff. I stayed for 1 night.but it seems stay will be fun.

Frankly, there are better options. Friends and I chose this place because of the advertised kitchen, which had a stovetop but no oven. The 24hr reception is awesome, as are the staff, but the place is rundown and grungy. I had a tiny private room and spent time in my friend's dorm room--beware the lack of A/C. The dual shower/toilet bathrooms are quite small, the free breakfast is bread + jam. Yay towels and book exchange. But facilities-wise, this might be the worst hostel I've ever stayed in.

A great place to hangout and meet people. A lot of laughs and a lot of fun.

I stayed 1 day and i have got really good advices, they showed me all kuala lumpur and they also gave me really good advices about malaysia where to go in this season, how to go, Where are the best hostels for islands, thank you for your schedule and welcoming blonde guy ( Sorry for forgot your name ). Hope to see you again guys thx a lot.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Alvin was the best hostel staff I habe ever had at a hostel in my travels in 2.5 months. Breakfast included as well as cheap beer and water made this place a great value.

• 21st Dec 2014

The facilities are very base but enough for the cheap price u pay. All the staff there are energetic and very helpful and always willing to chat with you and share their stories with you. Sometimes the staff would also invite you to go to a bar with them and have a cup of drink. Very good atmosphere.

Awesome location just few minutes walk to Chinatown, super friendly and helpful staff that is motivated to make the best out of your stay there, clean rooms and great atmosphere! Had an amazing time here!

Enes was very welcoming and have us great advice for touring the city for the first time. We loved the area and very much enjoyed out stay! If we are back in KL we will be sure to stay here again.

Ideal location for China Town and the Train Station and bus from airport. didnt stay long. Manager very helpful

Great staff! I've really enjoyed my time there! Thanks guys!!

• 11th Dec 2014

Extraordinary friendly and supportive staff! Good location, close to Bukit Bintang for delicious food and trains to travel around. Furthermore this Hostel offers CHEAPEST BEERS! If you are on a budget and looking for an accomodation in KL, this is definetely one of the best places to go!

• 9th Dec 2014

I was satisfied with my stay at the Step Inn Guesthouse. It was simple, but clean and had a great atmosphere. Very easy to meet other travelers. I also liked how it was conveniently located in the city, within walking distance of the Petronas Towers and other locations. I would highly recommend this place for anyone who's looking for a comfortable place to stay and is on a tight budget. I'll be sure to stay here the next time I'm in town. Jonathan Rento. New Jersey, USA

In this very central place (plenty of food — especially Chinese area, train station, bus stops, walking distance to Pavilion mall), don't expect a new building but for a very good fare you got clean place with a bed in large enough 4-dorms and plenty of share spaces (TV area in the front and relatively quiet but large space in the background and a kitchen. What's more? Free simple breakfast, hot shower and .. friendly staffs, a real home feeling. Definitely the place to stay in KL!

Been there before, still great hostel! Noticed some renovation going on inside hostel and its going to be better! See you again in January!

Good hostel, clean, good atmosphere, great atencion, very convenient price. I enjoyed my stay there.

The staff here were great. They are currently undergoing renovations, but when it's done, it will be even better. You get your moneys worth and it is within walking distance of the major tourist areas, if you are the walking type. Everyone was very chill and easy to get along with here.

• 1st Dec 2014

It is the the best cost effective option in Kuala Lumpur. The accomodation and staff are very good with a cheap price.

• 1st Dec 2014

One of our favorites places to stay on our rtw trip. The staff are always there and helpful. Little things count, like breakfast in the morning, very competitive prices from the vending machine and welcoming atmosphere.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels