Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Some of the women from the reception weren't very friendly and it seemed like every time we asked for help or directions, we were bothering them while they were reading their book or talking to other guests from the hostel/making friends.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

I have spoken to my staff and they were happy to assist you and checked you in and also provided you with 1 bottle of cold mineral water since it was a hot day. We apologies on the matter hence we did not receive any complain about them but only good compliments. We will make sure all our staff pay attention on your next visit or you may speak to the manager "Alan Leo" Personally if you have any question.

Great location, close to public transport and famous sights. Staff helpful and knowledgeable. Great patio/balcony area for socialising and relaxing. Good wifi. Room was spacious and clean, with a fan and aircon that actually worked (unlike some other hostels we stayed in). The bed was surprisingly comfy. The only downside was the ensuite bathroom - it was dilapidated and dirty. I don't mind old or tired decor, but this bathroom really needed a good clean, not just a quick wash down.

Great Hostel. Cheap with basic breakfast. Friendly staff. Central located Toilets need to have toilet paper is my only request

Although the people seem lovely and I'm sure the atmosphere amongst travellers is homely, the room itself was but a tiny step above sleeping in a cell. Windows with bars and walls painted in dilapidated dark grey, with no natural light, certainly wasn't the nicest place to spend a night. In addition, the 'wet room' bathroom approach could be significantly improved by some structural changes.

Thanks for your feedback. We Appreciate your comments and sorry that you were disappointed on the paint and lighting, we are in the mid of of making certain changes and gradually it will be completed. It is a pity that you did not bring these issues to the attention to our staff during your stay as we could have rectified these easily solvable issues instantly.

Great location, spitting distance from KL Sentral. The common area is not always air conditioned, which is not a huge deal, but would be nice in the hot afternoon as the rooms only have aircon at night. Absolute best location to see the city.

The hostel is in a great location near Chinatown so plenty of cheap places to eat and drink. The showers are hot but the shower/toilet combination leaves much to be desired when you are showering with a wastebasket filled with used toilet paper. The free breakfast is bread and bananas (on a good day) but it's better than nothing. The staff was very helpful with directions and anything else I needed. Overall very good for what you pay.

lovely people, nice room, but loud construction work next door... :)

• 6th Mar 2015

it was a wonderful moment to have spent a night at STEP INN. Will surely book again the next time i happen to be in KL.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

A warm welcome granted us two tired travellers when we arrived. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable. They seem to enjoy being here! A chilled and friendly atmosphere, that saw me extend my stay!!!!

No air conditioning. Weird smell in the dorms (I stayed in two and they both smelt bad). Staff friendly enough. There must be better available for the same money.

Hello Emily, Thank you for your review. You actually booked for a NON AC dorm therefor it is only with Fan. We do have an AC Dorm but your booking was for a NON AC Dorm. All of our Dorms and Rooms are mopped and kept clean. We always urge guest to take care of their personal hygiene since its a shared Dorm, nevertheless we will pay more attention and add fragrance in all our Dorms. Like wise have a safe journey.

central kul value for money security

• 26th Feb 2015
  • India

This hostel was in a great location. Everything was in walking distance as my friend and I chose this option to see more of Kuala Lumpur. The directions to the hostel was easily followed as they stated landmarks to ensure you're going the right way. 24 hour security, which was great because we could see more of the night life and street vendors and still get into the hostel. The twin room was standard and clean with a fan, but wished we opted for A/C. Only bad thing I would give are the ants.

+ good location (walking distance everywhere), friendly and helpful staff, good value - shower could be a bit cleaner But overall it was good and I would stay again.

We arrived to the hostel early in the morning tired and weary and were met with such warm and helpful staff. It made such a difference to our morning, and to the duration of our stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable, with good wifi and perfectly adequate bathroom facilities. Would definitely stay again - many thanks to all the team at Step Inn!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay, Wi-fi connection is great, hostel provides simple breakfast, also hostel has kitchen, fridge and filtred water all day long, Private room is a little bit dark, but it's ok.

Excellent location for exploring the city

One of the best places we've ever stayed in. We got upgraded to a better room for no extra charge just because they had one available. The place is really close to anything what you can dream of - the bus station, restaurants, shops, party district, subway, you name it. One of the best internet connections in Malaysia. 10/10! It's not that I want to stay there again, I would love to live there.

I was very happy with my stay here, I just wish I had more time to explore the city. The staff were really welcoming and helpful giving me hints and tips to explore. If I'm back in KL I'll stay here again.

Great location - in walking distance of Chinatown, Little India, KL Tower and Petronas Twin Towers, everything. Also close to bus station Pudu Sentral, which is perfect if you plan to go around Malaysia. Staff is very friendly and helps you with tips about KL. They gave us a map on our first day and on the map they marked everything that is interesting about it. Very practical :-) Breakfast is basic, but there is plenty and you also have coffee and tea facilities all day long.

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and had a lovely time! The staff are really friendly and helpful: just ask and they'll tell you anything you need to know about getting around, things to do, etc. There's always someone on the front desk too: I arrived at about 4AM and there was someone there. Really friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Beds were perfectly comfortable and clean. Only downside was the A/C in our dorm was a bit hard to control, but perfectly functional; TBH you get that 90% of places.

• 7th Feb 2015

Hi Natasha, Thank you for your kind review. We do our best to accommodate each and every guest who '' Step In'' to our small and friendly world. Really appreciate your compliments and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels