Step Inn Guest House and Hostel Reviews

No.35 Jalan Pudu lama, Off jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Staff were very nice however the dorm was very very HOT. Only fans, no A/C. I did read that when I booked it however for RM20 you need A/C even at that price. Very uncomfortable nights sleep. TV room downstairs was nice and The WIFI was good. Good location

The staff here make the place!! Both the guys on reception were so friendly and helpful throughout our stay to both us and every other guest there providing advice on what to see, how to get there, pricing etc (note they are not a travel desk so making no extra cash out of doing that!!!). Room was fairly big with a huge window and two big fans, though still fairly warm at night in there. Lockers provided in reception. Having a kitchen was awesome!! Everything was kept clean and films were great!

Hi Thanks for the kind words, it was great having you two. We do our best to provide as much info to our gests as possible because, we know, knowledge is power. We wish you safe travels on your journey and hope to see you again here one day because, once you've stayed with us, you will always have a bed here at Step Inn. Cheers!

Nice place, nice and helpfull staff

Hi, It was great having you and thanks for the kind words. We try our best to help our guests with anything they need. We wish you safe travels on your journey and hope to see you again here one day because, once you've stayed with us, you will always have a bed here at Step Inn. Cheers!

What a great hostel. I had a single room. Small, but more than what I needed it for. The wifi is a little fishy but reliable enough to do what you need. The location is unbeatable - walkable to most places I went. Hats off to the staff, especially Malik, for making my life so easy while in KL. Highly recommended.

I booked twin room but misunderstanding. I though air-con room I paid about 55 RM (Malaysia Rinkit) for 2 persons I think too expensive for fan room and very small room.Bed not safe because upper bed no have rail for protect falling down. On second day morning no water to take a shower then I have to go upper level floor.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

This is a good hostel - the location is OK: close to a LRT station and within walking distance of Bukit Bintang and Low Yat, to name a few. Beware, I guess there are probably more charming hostels and if you are thrown by the sight of rats around the area, stay away.

A bit warm because there was only a fan and unfortunately no musqito net.... With dhengue it's actually a must!

The second time in Step Inn:Again a great time.The staff is always eager to help, making it possible to stay longer even when they are pretty booked.You have a question?They'll know the answer! Cool guys to hang out with and have a beer, too. See you next time when I am in KL, cheers, rudie

Awesome place. Best hostel we have stayed at in KL. The staff are extremely helpful, especially Dominic. Great location and really fun environment, encouraged to meet new people.

Thanks Cameron for the kind words, we really appreciate them. We do our best help our guests with whatever we can and really like it when we can get everyone chatting. Also, thanks for all the great tips on NZ. We really enjoyed having you guys, and if you ever return back to KL, you always have a bed at Step Inn.

Single/double rooms are plain and small but prices are incredibly low so it is a very good choice for low-budget travellers. They have a common kitchen with a fridge that will additionally save your money and time. Wifi signal is very good on the first floor (lounge), not bad on the 2nd and hardly alive or oftener dead on the 3rd. Best place to socialize! Perfect location for exploring KL! 24h shop and 24h cheap restaurants are near. Best staff ever, truely friendly and absolutely trustworthy!

This was our first hostel on our first stop of our 5 month trip and when we arrived we were a little apprehensive and overwhelmed by the jet lag, business and the heat of Kuala Lumpur but 24 hours later the hostel felt friendly & familiar. A massive thumbs up to Dominic who was fantastic and a great source of knowledge, his recommendations were so helpful. We would happily stay here again.

Hi I was in that hostel like 3 days. And I very like it. There's atmosphere is the home one, peoples is very friendly and working people helping you about all.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Turkmenistan

Thank you Ejesh for your compliments, we really appreciate them. We do our best to set a homey feel and help our guests with whatever we can. We really enjoyed hosting you, and if you ever return back to KL, you always have a bed at Step Inn.

i stayed for 6 nights. i feel the price is in accordance with the facilities given. and the main thing is the service of the hotel staff. very well. i'm from indonesia, he is american, but he can understand my english. despite the bad sound. finally, i say this is a recommendation for you guys.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Loved staying here. Originally stayed alone and was offered all the advice I needed to find my way around. Stayed again with a friend who was equally impressed. Cheap, value for money. Located between Chinatown and Bukit Bintang so easy to get 2 both. 2min walk from bus station and LRT. Would recommend and stay again

• 26th Jan 2014

Thanks Martin, we really appreciate all your kind words. We try our best to help out our guests as much as we can, and try to offer the best value for your money. We were really happy to host you and it was great when you came back with your friend. If you ever come back to KL, you always have a bed here at Step Inn. Cheers!

1 2 3 Next » last »