Stoked Backpackers Reviews

175 Main Road, Surfers' Corner, Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa

Thankyou so much for a fantastic stay in Cape Town. We really loved the hostel and even though we only stayed a few days felt as though we were part of the Stoked family. Wish we had more time there! The staff were fantastic and helped not only us but our friends who weren't even staying at the hostel plan many of our activities. Great vibe. Love the veg cafe. Room was great, most inviting beds I've even seen in a hostel! Common area's are brilliant. Again, thankyou thankyou thankyou

• 3rd May 2014

Great hostel with a very creative atmosphere! The beds are amazing and there's a little cafe with awesome fresh cooked food, coffee and sweets. I definitely recommend this place!

• 17th Mar 2014

Great hostel, beautiful terrace view but a bit far from town and too much security measures making it a bit of a hassle to get around. Otherwise one of the best hostels I've been!

I can only recommend staying at Stoked Backpackers, I had a wonderful time there and they just somehow manage to make you feel at home!

Loved that place I originally booked for only one night at this hostel but liked it so much that I extended my stay to a whole week. My main reason to stay at muizenberg was this kindaa endless beach. Yes there are beaches in cape town too but the water was soo damn cold there you couldnt go in. Regarding the hostel itself, I think the photos describe it pretty good. There is a huge balkony facing the ocean on top of the building where I had some great barbecues with other fellows!

I liked the staff at the reception. They were always interested in meeting our needs. People working at the Cafe are grumpy though. The hostel view overlooks the beach AND the train. So, be prepared to some noise specially pretty early in the morning. People don´t walk on the streets after a certain time. So, either you have a car or get a cab(expensive) to reach the nice restaurants+bars along the road. Muizemberg is such a windy place. Too chilly for summer time. It made me move to Cape Town.