Stoked Backpackers Reviews

175 Main Road, Surfers' Corner, Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa

Best stay if you like surfing in Cape Town, what's more, just one minute from Muizenberg railway station

Thankyou so much for a fantastic stay in Cape Town. We really loved the hostel and even though we only stayed a few days felt as though we were part of the Stoked family. Wish we had more time there! The staff were fantastic and helped not only us but our friends who weren't even staying at the hostel plan many of our activities. Great vibe. Love the veg cafe. Room was great, most inviting beds I've even seen in a hostel! Common area's are brilliant. Again, thankyou thankyou thankyou

• 3rd May 2014

Great hostel with a very creative atmosphere! The beds are amazing and there's a little cafe with awesome fresh cooked food, coffee and sweets. I definitely recommend this place!

• 17th Mar 2014

Great hostel, beautiful terrace view but a bit far from town and too much security measures making it a bit of a hassle to get around. Otherwise one of the best hostels I've been!

I can only recommend staying at Stoked Backpackers, I had a wonderful time there and they just somehow manage to make you feel at home!

Loved that place I originally booked for only one night at this hostel but liked it so much that I extended my stay to a whole week. My main reason to stay at muizenberg was this kindaa endless beach. Yes there are beaches in cape town too but the water was soo damn cold there you couldnt go in. Regarding the hostel itself, I think the photos describe it pretty good. There is a huge balkony facing the ocean on top of the building where I had some great barbecues with other fellows!

I liked the staff at the reception. They were always interested in meeting our needs. People working at the Cafe are grumpy though. The hostel view overlooks the beach AND the train. So, be prepared to some noise specially pretty early in the morning. People don´t walk on the streets after a certain time. So, either you have a car or get a cab(expensive) to reach the nice restaurants+bars along the road. Muizemberg is such a windy place. Too chilly for summer time. It made me move to Cape Town.

This is a great hostel and I highly recommend it if you don't mind staying about an hour's train ride outside of central Cape Town. Muizenberg is a cute, beautiful beach town with friendly people. The hostel manager is very friendly and hardworking but he is prone to blatantly offending Americans with his T-shirt of the American flag burning. He proudly declares to Americans, "Your flag is burning." Even with this, I enjoyed my stay and found the nearby historical sites very interesting.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed hosting you! Regarding the T-shirt: Although we have staff T-shirts, they sometimes wear there own. We are sorry that it (and he) offended you, particularly as he actually loves all things' America' and dreams of going there. He was even given the shirt by our first American guests. To our knowledge, none of our American guests have responded negatively to it, but your feedback is appreciated and noted. Apologies once again.

Clean hotel, hot water, big kitchen, nice beach and nice walk to kalk bay!

Amazing hostel, Great staff organised everything I needed during my stay, cool little town though. I will admit, at first I was a little confused, as Hoste lworld had this place listed as Cape town, I dident realize that Muzienburg was about 35min away by train.

This place was brilliant! It is literally right on the beach and the train station is next door so a great place to go explore Kalk Bay (walking distance), Simons Town and Cape Point. Rooms were clean and bright and the chill out deck upstairs is great place to relax and enjoy the view. The cafe within Stoked in good value and easy for all meals - everything is cooked fresh and is yummy! The staff were friendly, helpful and always around to chat to or ask for help.

We enjoyed our stay immensely. The rooms are comfortable and the beds have wonderfully crisp bedding.the views from the deck are spectacular.the staff is very friendly and helpful and we loved the freedom of no curfew. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

• 21st Sep 2013
  • South Africa

Friendly staff. Excellent location. Great Bakery and coffee shop. No reason to look anywhere else.

• 21st Sep 2013

This place is wonderful. Practically right on the beach, with a big rooftop hangout area overlooking beautiful Muizenberg beach with all the surfers. I bet this place is packed in the summer, but in the winter it was nice and quiet. The staff were incredible and helped me plan my time in Cape Town. It takes about 50 minutes by train from Cape Town station, but once you're at Muizenberg station you're only 15 seconds from the front door. Super clean, great WiFi, delicious cafe, awesome place.

Most comfy beds we ever slept in in a hostel. Ver friendly and helpful staff. Rooms etc. cleaned every day.

The location is great for the surfer lifestyle, you have surfers corner just down the street. Stoked Backpackers is very new everything is very clean and the staff are the friendliest i've experienced so far. It is relatively quiet at night in Muizenberg, so if you are looking for a wild party, this is not the place the place to go, however Muizenberg has relaxed as well as stylish bars which are perfect if your planning on getting up in the morning.

• 13th Feb 2013
  • Norway

Sandra and I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights. I have been to many hostels all around the world and currently I am more used to really good hotels since my company pays for them- but this hostel was the best choice EVER! We enjoyed every moment there- it is really clean, the location is perfect, really nice cafe, kitchen, the staff is awesome- we felt like home! We will come back for sure! Thanks a lot for that great time!

Had a great stay at Stoked! :)

Places is nice and new. Unfortunatly it is very close to a very busy road, so better bring earplgs.

The security was very good. The staff was lovely and very helpful!!! It's located on the beach and next to a surf shop.