Stoked Backpackers Reviews

175 Main Road, Surfers' Corner, Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa

If you want some time outside the centre of Cape Town and explore the peninsula then definitely stay here. The view of the beach was wonderful, staff are very friendly and the rooms are very spacious and secure. Beds are very comfortable

Stoked is a great place to stay. The rooms are spacious, at least in the upstairs dorm I was staying in. The beds are comfortable, the linen spotless and the cleaners are there every morning. Henry is excellent and Winny and the others there to help as well whatever your needs or queries. The location of the hostel is actually very good vis-a-vie the views and making best of the sun before it sets behind the flanking hills. It's proximity to the train station makes going places dead easy.

Amazing! So welcoming.

Wonderful location within view of the station as you arrive by train (which is completely safe). Amazing views, amazing rooms

Stoked has the perfect location, incredible staff and you just won't want to leave. Easy to get stuck there. First choice in Muizenberg and some of the best hostels I know.

Cannot say enough good things about this hostel! Fabulous location with world class views, great atmosphere with friendly, relaxed long and short term guests and amazing staff. If you're lucky enough to get a loft bed, it's like a private room! Go on Henly's township tour, more real than any other opportunity you may get to visit a township. Surfer or not, it's a great place to stay - and easy to hop on a train and head out and about Cape Town as well. I just left, and I already miss it.

Fun hostel located right off the water in the center of town. Great common areas including a large kitchen and a huge balcony overlooking the beach. Huge rooms. A bit noisy as it is on the main road right next to a train station and is a bit of a party hostel. Great place to stay though better for younger people.

This place is amazing, you get all what you need for your trip hear. Fantastic view from the balcony facing the beach. All their staffs are amazing and very helpful. definitely recommend this place and I will be back here again. Love you all Stoked gang :)

I appreciated the friendliness and accommodating attitude from all of the staff members. The hostel was very clean and accurately represented on their webpage. I would definitely stay here again!

Loved it here, great everything easy to meet people, you should definitely stay here!!!

Reception in the 1st night was not very helpful but the day after was great. This hostel is not in Cape Town and that was disappointing for me but it was my fault since I did not pay attention to that when booking. If you are a surfer, you are at the right place, since it is right in front of the beach but that is it. There is not much else to do nearby. If you are looking to visit Cape Town, you can expect an hour train ride to hit the town. Also, We didnt feel very safe at night.

• 26th Dec 2014

perfect location! very friendly, professional and helpful staff! loved the clean linen and bathroom! not forgetting my fellow backpackers who made my stay more fantastic! I definitely would be back real soon!

• 9th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Small, Nice and cosy!!!

• 30th Nov 2014

Friendly staff. If one needs to stay exactly in Muizenberg, the location is great next to the railway station and within a walking distance from bars and restaurants. The seven bed dorm is cool with one of the beds on a mezzanine floor which makes sleeping there almost feel like sleeping in a single room with the added benefit of having a view to the sea from the window.

Kia and Jeremy are the best!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • morganrr

Best stay if you like surfing in Cape Town, what's more, just one minute from Muizenberg railway station

Thankyou so much for a fantastic stay in Cape Town. We really loved the hostel and even though we only stayed a few days felt as though we were part of the Stoked family. Wish we had more time there! The staff were fantastic and helped not only us but our friends who weren't even staying at the hostel plan many of our activities. Great vibe. Love the veg cafe. Room was great, most inviting beds I've even seen in a hostel! Common area's are brilliant. Again, thankyou thankyou thankyou

• 3rd May 2014

Great hostel with a very creative atmosphere! The beds are amazing and there's a little cafe with awesome fresh cooked food, coffee and sweets. I definitely recommend this place!

• 17th Mar 2014

Great hostel, beautiful terrace view but a bit far from town and too much security measures making it a bit of a hassle to get around. Otherwise one of the best hostels I've been!

I can only recommend staying at Stoked Backpackers, I had a wonderful time there and they just somehow manage to make you feel at home!