Stoked Backpackers Reviews

175 Main Road, Surfers' Corner, Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa

Fun hostel located right off the water in the center of town. Great common areas including a large kitchen and a huge balcony overlooking the beach. Huge rooms. A bit noisy as it is on the main road right next to a train station and is a bit of a party hostel. Great place to stay though better for younger people.

This place is amazing, you get all what you need for your trip hear. Fantastic view from the balcony facing the beach. All their staffs are amazing and very helpful. definitely recommend this place and I will be back here again. Love you all Stoked gang :)

I appreciated the friendliness and accommodating attitude from all of the staff members. The hostel was very clean and accurately represented on their webpage. I would definitely stay here again!

Loved it here, great everything easy to meet people, you should definitely stay here!!!

Reception in the 1st night was not very helpful but the day after was great. This hostel is not in Cape Town and that was disappointing for me but it was my fault since I did not pay attention to that when booking. If you are a surfer, you are at the right place, since it is right in front of the beach but that is it. There is not much else to do nearby. If you are looking to visit Cape Town, you can expect an hour train ride to hit the town. Also, We didnt feel very safe at night.

• 26th Dec 2014

perfect location! very friendly, professional and helpful staff! loved the clean linen and bathroom! not forgetting my fellow backpackers who made my stay more fantastic! I definitely would be back real soon!

• 9th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Small, Nice and cosy!!!

• 30th Nov 2014

Friendly staff. If one needs to stay exactly in Muizenberg, the location is great next to the railway station and within a walking distance from bars and restaurants. The seven bed dorm is cool with one of the beds on a mezzanine floor which makes sleeping there almost feel like sleeping in a single room with the added benefit of having a view to the sea from the window.

Kia and Jeremy are the best!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • morganrr

Best stay if you like surfing in Cape Town, what's more, just one minute from Muizenberg railway station

Thankyou so much for a fantastic stay in Cape Town. We really loved the hostel and even though we only stayed a few days felt as though we were part of the Stoked family. Wish we had more time there! The staff were fantastic and helped not only us but our friends who weren't even staying at the hostel plan many of our activities. Great vibe. Love the veg cafe. Room was great, most inviting beds I've even seen in a hostel! Common area's are brilliant. Again, thankyou thankyou thankyou

• 3rd May 2014

Great hostel with a very creative atmosphere! The beds are amazing and there's a little cafe with awesome fresh cooked food, coffee and sweets. I definitely recommend this place!

• 17th Mar 2014

Great hostel, beautiful terrace view but a bit far from town and too much security measures making it a bit of a hassle to get around. Otherwise one of the best hostels I've been!

I can only recommend staying at Stoked Backpackers, I had a wonderful time there and they just somehow manage to make you feel at home!

Loved that place I originally booked for only one night at this hostel but liked it so much that I extended my stay to a whole week. My main reason to stay at muizenberg was this kindaa endless beach. Yes there are beaches in cape town too but the water was soo damn cold there you couldnt go in. Regarding the hostel itself, I think the photos describe it pretty good. There is a huge balkony facing the ocean on top of the building where I had some great barbecues with other fellows!

I liked the staff at the reception. They were always interested in meeting our needs. People working at the Cafe are grumpy though. The hostel view overlooks the beach AND the train. So, be prepared to some noise specially pretty early in the morning. People don´t walk on the streets after a certain time. So, either you have a car or get a cab(expensive) to reach the nice restaurants+bars along the road. Muizemberg is such a windy place. Too chilly for summer time. It made me move to Cape Town.

This is a great hostel and I highly recommend it if you don't mind staying about an hour's train ride outside of central Cape Town. Muizenberg is a cute, beautiful beach town with friendly people. The hostel manager is very friendly and hardworking but he is prone to blatantly offending Americans with his T-shirt of the American flag burning. He proudly declares to Americans, "Your flag is burning." Even with this, I enjoyed my stay and found the nearby historical sites very interesting.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed hosting you! Regarding the T-shirt: Although we have staff T-shirts, they sometimes wear there own. We are sorry that it (and he) offended you, particularly as he actually loves all things' America' and dreams of going there. He was even given the shirt by our first American guests. To our knowledge, none of our American guests have responded negatively to it, but your feedback is appreciated and noted. Apologies once again.

Clean hotel, hot water, big kitchen, nice beach and nice walk to kalk bay!

Amazing hostel, Great staff organised everything I needed during my stay, cool little town though. I will admit, at first I was a little confused, as Hoste lworld had this place listed as Cape town, I dident realize that Muzienburg was about 35min away by train.

This place was brilliant! It is literally right on the beach and the train station is next door so a great place to go explore Kalk Bay (walking distance), Simons Town and Cape Point. Rooms were clean and bright and the chill out deck upstairs is great place to relax and enjoy the view. The cafe within Stoked in good value and easy for all meals - everything is cooked fresh and is yummy! The staff were friendly, helpful and always around to chat to or ask for help.