Stone Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Biltstraat 31, Utrecht, Netherlands

I enjoyed my stay at Stone. Nice people, nice place, well situated in Utrecht.

Very clean and very friendly staff! A definite good stay for those looking for a good hostel in Utrecht.

Enjoyed my stay at the Stone hotel utrecht

• 25th Aug 2014
  • India

Good place while staying there for 4 nights except one night - was very noisy. A group of guy in room downstair (room 10) was so noisy. Staff so helpful and friendly! :) Thank you!!

My stay in the dorm room was good and the facilities available were fine. Dining area was handy for socialising with other travelers. Location was spot on in my opinion as the walk to the old town was short and there was plenty of options for food on the same street. Staff were great as they were happy to help every time and even allowed us to use their parking space in the locked garage for our motorbikes.

We stayed in a 6 beds dorm. Beds were fine with bedlamp and a personal plug aside. Each person had a locker with a plug on the inside: genius to charge phones or cameras in safety. Instead of the ordinary electronic key each room has a code to open the door directly on the handle. The kitchen is petite but functional and well equipped. Free coffee, 2 PCs and a printer are great bonuses. There's even a little library. The vibe is great and very hostelly. The only defect is the steep staircase.

nice and clean hostel with friendly staff!

• 1st Aug 2014

There was a big difference in stuff: the girl who welcomed us, was very nice, explained everything, but the girl next day way very annoyed, did not have anx interes The room and facilities were very clean, but there were some hair on the bed.

Really nice, clean hostel. In a good location a short walk from the centre of the city. Not a very social atmosphere but thats more due to Utrecht not being a big backpacker destination. Had a really nice stay and would definitely recommend it.

The front staff were friendly and helpful, but this place was below expectations in almost all other respects. The double bedroom was the price of a good hotel, yet it was very small, the window was broken, the bathroom was almost unusable it was so tiny and the shower water went everywhere. Doors slammed throughout the hostel. The fridge was far too small for the number of people and often left partly open. I feel the owners don't really care for this place and charge the maximum possible.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Good hostel, good location (about 10 mins walk from the train station), the facilities are not that great, but taking the price into account, all's good. Breakfast is not included (it's 5e), but a supermarket is 2 minutes away, so you can buy your own food there. The staff are very friendly and ready to help.

All of the girls were lovely, made the hostel feel like home.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Dominican Republic

This is a cozy place to stay in utretch. A very good location not far from the beautiful canals, and the staff was really helpful with all my questions. Facilities were good, and every bed had an outlet, which was nice. The lockers in the rooms were small, but I didn't feel like my stuff was in any danger at all. I would stay here again.

the sink in the room did not work but there was a sign saying renovation work is being carried out. annoyingly, there was a big old tv sitting in my 4 bed dorm - seemed like it was just being stored there which is a waste of valuable space in such a small room and is plain lazy - it would only take 5mins to get rid of it. otherwise the hostel is generally good value for money, very friendly staff and in a good location.

• 8th Jul 2014

The friendliness of staff was almost overwhelming here. I really enjoyed their enthusiasm for Utrecht, you could tell they really liked their city. Got to say though it was pretty subdued atmosphere as far as hostels go which can be good or bad depending on your preference. Just a not anyone heading to this hostel the stairs are extremely steep!

• 7th Jul 2014

I've been to more than 50 hostels, and I can definitely say that it is my favourite, the best one. It is a kind of hostel what every hostel should be. All of us agreed with the fact that staffs (Father and son) were literally amazing. They were willing to help us as much as they could. Facilities are pretty basic but it is very clean. And a lot of thing that should be paid in other hostels are free here, last but not least the beer was only one euro. Very friendly, easy to meet new people!

I stayed in Stone for about a week. It quite a basic and simple hostel but this is not a bad thing. The staff are truly great, particularly the Aussie helper and the awesome owners. I liked the very random and nice mixture of people that inhabited the hostel, all drawn to Utrecht for different reasons. This gave the hostel a pleasant and interesting atmosphere. As someone who has stayed in all three of Utrecht's hostel, I honestly feel this to be the best.

Nice clean hostel. In a fairly central part of Utrecht. Is a good budget place to say. Utrecht doesn't get a lot of backpackers so don't expect a really social atmosphere.

Very nice place, good location and great staff :)

A great hostel!In my opinion the only "problem"are the toilet and the shower, not very comfortable, but the rest was wonderful: very clean kitchen full of every kind of stuff you may need; a big common area full of space and books.A wonderful staff always kind and aproachable;expecially the brazilian girl at the reception desk that,always smiling,patiently answered all our weird questions,The dish of pasta we prepared was not enaugh to thank her!