Stone Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Biltstraat 31, Utrecht, Netherlands

I really appreciated the computers in the living room: I could organize the following days of my trip. Friendly staff.

Hostel is fine, small toilet/ shower. Bunk beds were uncomfortable because you can feel the iron bars of the bed through the mattress. common room is fine, a shame though that everyone is using it to sit down only and stare at their smartphone or computer. But that is more of a common thing these days in general. Staff was nice.

Great great little place. The staff is one of the friendliest and most accommodating that I've met. It's very secure and is in a great location for food. It's a bit far from the train station (~25 minutes walking) but it's a scenic walk. No complaints. Would stay here again.

Strange hostel - more older people than young. But clean enough, good heating and comfy beds.

I wish I had stayed here for more than one night! I had such a pleasant stay at Stone Hostel. I stayed in a mixed 4-bed dorm. The room was very, very, tiny, but everything else was perfect! The staff is wonderful and the atmosphere is actually quite homey, especially in the common room. The kitchen facilities for one to use are absolutely stellar, and the free tea/coffee is a huge perk. An add-on for breakfast is only 4.50euros which I found quite good. Overall such a wonderful stay!

Dorm beds were packed to the max, hard to swing a cat or dry off after a cycle. Non 420 friendly

This is the best hostel in Utrecht, I really have no complaints. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They clean it regularly. You have to pay extra for breakfast, but it is worth it.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our one night here and would stay again next time we're in the city :) thank you!

Nice place, the city center is ten minutes walking far away. In there you can take a guitar and for 4 euros you can have a complete brackfast when you prefer, just book it the day before.

• 6th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Stone. Nice people, nice place, well situated in Utrecht.

Very clean and very friendly staff! A definite good stay for those looking for a good hostel in Utrecht.

Enjoyed my stay at the Stone hotel utrecht

• 25th Aug 2014
  • India

Good place while staying there for 4 nights except one night - was very noisy. A group of guy in room downstair (room 10) was so noisy. Staff so helpful and friendly! :) Thank you!!

My stay in the dorm room was good and the facilities available were fine. Dining area was handy for socialising with other travelers. Location was spot on in my opinion as the walk to the old town was short and there was plenty of options for food on the same street. Staff were great as they were happy to help every time and even allowed us to use their parking space in the locked garage for our motorbikes.

We stayed in a 6 beds dorm. Beds were fine with bedlamp and a personal plug aside. Each person had a locker with a plug on the inside: genius to charge phones or cameras in safety. Instead of the ordinary electronic key each room has a code to open the door directly on the handle. The kitchen is petite but functional and well equipped. Free coffee, 2 PCs and a printer are great bonuses. There's even a little library. The vibe is great and very hostelly. The only defect is the steep staircase.

I've stayed in this hostel during my visit to Amsterdam. The staff is helpfull, room is bit small and shower which is in a hole in my opinion is not a good idea but concerning that the hostel is small it is ok. Bit far from the train station. Overall I recommend staying in this hostel

nice and clean hostel with friendly staff!

• 1st Aug 2014

There was a big difference in stuff: the girl who welcomed us, was very nice, explained everything, but the girl next day way very annoyed, did not have anx interes The room and facilities were very clean, but there were some hair on the bed.

Really nice, clean hostel. In a good location a short walk from the centre of the city. Not a very social atmosphere but thats more due to Utrecht not being a big backpacker destination. Had a really nice stay and would definitely recommend it.

The front staff were friendly and helpful, but this place was below expectations in almost all other respects. The double bedroom was the price of a good hotel, yet it was very small, the window was broken, the bathroom was almost unusable it was so tiny and the shower water went everywhere. Doors slammed throughout the hostel. The fridge was far too small for the number of people and often left partly open. I feel the owners don't really care for this place and charge the maximum possible.

• 21st Jul 2014