Stone Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Biltstraat 31, Utrecht, Netherlands

Nice hostel with a full kichen, combined eating area/lounge, computers, comfy beds, clean showers. Great location on a canal lined street full of restaurants, cafes, food stores, the weekend fabric market, and an amazing beer store (just across the street). Staff was nice and helpful. Location is 10-15 minutes walk to all the museums, dom tower, flower market-very pretty walk. Downsides: not an ideal place for a tired traveller to relax-limited communal area. A tad expensive.

we like here so much!clean and comfortable!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • China

Everything was very nice and comfortable but I found that there wasn't very many travellers staying there. I would still stay there again though it was good.

staff was very helpful and the location was central to most of the city. the room was a bit cold but overall this is a great place--i would return! (free wifi works great too)

Great owner, very helpful, wonderful staff. Laid back atmosphere, close to everything, clean, nice kitchen and dining area.

The hostel was very good, the stuff friendly and young and very helpful I enjoyed the tea on the house and the nice atmosphere at the common room and the very clean kitchen. I stayed in a mixed 6 people dorm,and the room had a bathroom-NOT separated the toilet from the shower-and that could be very inconvenient. The lockers are small, a whole backpack does not fit in there, but there are plugs in every one so you can leave your phone or other device charging while locked.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Greece

A very nice hostel overall. The staff are very friendly and there's lots of free coffee and tea. I didn't find it to be an overly social hostel, but it was quite quiet if you need to sleep well. The rooms are a bit small, but comfortable. I'm not a big fan of the showers in the room though if you've got early rising roommates. Overall, nice place though and I'd certainly stay there again.

I had a great stay and enjoyed the personability of the owner. The kitchen was very well equipped, and the atmosphere was warm and friendly.

Great staff and great facilities! The value for money is worth!

One of the best small's hostels out there, trust me. Great staff, great place, warm and tidy. Only one suggestion: Something that separates the shower from the rest of the bathroom, because the water seemed that it was going out of the bathroom, but in the end everything turned out ok. Oh and they have a really cute-big dog, Lola.. and an acoustic guitar if you want to play to. Seriously. I'm definitely coming back to Stone Hostel :)

the warmest staff members I have experienced at a hostel so far! the hostel is small, and there weren't many guests during my stay, but this, as well as the kitchen and dining room made for a very cosy and comfortable atmosphere.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location near the centre of Utrecht

• 30th Nov 2013

Stone is great hotel to stay in. little short on space but amazing experience to live in such cozy space. The kitchen facility is excellent as we had freedom to cook whatever we liked. The staff is great and cooperative.

very good hostel, with nice service!(free koffee, a kitchen etc.) the rooms are big and have a clean bathroom.

• 11th Nov 2013

Maybe could bea bit cheaper, but we were happy with our stay

Nice hostel in a convenient location that allows the beautiful city centre to be reached in a mere five minutes' walk and the railway station in a fifteen minutes' walk. Its staff is consistently very kind and helpful, whereas its fully equipped kitchen is a definite asset, too. On the downside, I stayed in a rather cramped mixed room that comes with a tiny bathroom with a semi-transparent sliding door that offers little privacy.