Stone Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Biltstraat 31, Utrecht, Netherlands

Only stayed for one night, but had a very good time, great staff, good beds, nice atmosphere, all round great hostel.

Friendly, small, very welcoming hostel with really accommodating staff (gave us free earplugs because they heard complaints about a snorer in our dorm). En suite showers, a decent common room with computers, free tea and coffee and an option of breakfast. If you're inter/eurailing this is a good base to explore Amsterdam as well as Utrecht because it's a 15 minute walk to the station and then only 25 minutes to Amsterdam Centraal

the receptionist ws very nice and helpful, breakfast was fine for what we paid, we could leave our bags afther checkout

• 11th Aug 2015

Awesome hostel for it's prize. Really hot Irish girl working behind the desk.

Good people, great food, lovely accommodation. What more could I ask for? They helped with any and every question I had about the city, and everything was simple, cozy, and familial.

• 7th Aug 2015

outstanding hostel!!! everything was perfect.

The reviews I read of the hostel weren't great so I was expecting a pretty grimey hostel. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, they perhaps have looked at this. The bathroom also was clean and looked newly fitted. The staff were friendly, they had s good selection of cheap alcoholic drinks and free tea and coffee. I met some interesting people. A sofa in the common room would be nice.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Wales

Loved it. The Irish girl at the reception was sooooo lovely!! All of them, actually, but especially her! We stayed in a 4-bed room. I found the lockers a bit small, but oh, well. not bad. Our shower door was very hard to close, but I really loved the place and would stay there again. Careful with the stairs when you come in! xD

Good, basic, clean hostel! The staff is friendly and helpful, and Utrecht is a great city to visit. The location wasn't too bad, it's walkable distance to the city centre (although pretty far from the train station, about a 20-25 minute walk). The only thing I wish was different was the bathrooms--they were so tiny! But other than that, everything was really good. There's a grocery store really close by for a cheap alternative to eating out. Also there's free tea and coffee :)

It's a nice place, but a bit to oldfashion...

The staff are incredibly chill and social and will willingly help you out. It is a pleasant atmosphere for meeting other travellers and if you're bored in the common room try listening to the Eric Schwartz CD. It will blow your mind. The only shame is the payment for breakfast., but there's a grocer down the road and you have full access to their kitchen so it's no big deal. If I pass through Utrecht I'll be coming back.

Extraordinary & exciting!

This hostel was cute. I really liked the tables in the room, and the kitchen was decent. The staff was amazing and really helpful. Utrecht is an awesome town, I really recommend visit it and staying here a few nights. Lots of fun to be had.

the stairs were very steep but other then that it was a good stay

Staff was really nice and accommadating! Had an issue with a man in my room and without hesitation they switched me to another room and made sure I felt comfortable.

Really nice hostel in a beautiful city! The staff were super helpful and recommended fun bars and restaurants for us to go to. Hostel was clean and bright, with a beautiful location just a few minutes walk from the city center. Loved this hostel and wish we could have stayed longer in Utrecht!

Female room.Only one night.Very friendly staff.It has wifi and computers 24/7 for the costumers with a printer,without extra charge.Our room was a bit noisy at noon - afternoon. At night was good.Excellent security.Very clean!Really close to the city center by foot.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Fantastic hostel! Clean, secure, and hospitable. Best hostel stayed at my world trip far!

I expected it a little biger but then I got used to it. The toilet was a little broken and there was water rening down on the floor. I did not mind though. The common area was very very nice. Breakfast was very good and the free pc to surf on. Also there was a printer which was very nice. The sustem with the code on the door was very nice. I would recomend it and choose it again.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Very clean hostel, with friendly staff and very close to city center.