Stone Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Biltstraat 31, Utrecht, Netherlands

Great hostel/hotel. I would highly recommend staying here. The staff was awesome as was the kitchen to keep food or cook, the common space, wifi, and an overall cleanliness.

Decent location, only a small walk into the center. No couches to hang out on, only a dinning room area so not very comfortable. Kitchen is smaller but has everything you need. Bathroom is rooms where awful! It was like a RV bathroom where you shower where the toilet is. You are in standing water that starts to smell from the toilet ring. No fan so there was quite a bit of mold in there as well.

could feel the metal bars under the matress. bathroom in the ensue room was tiny, toilet and sink were in the shower, when your sharing with 6 people as soon as 1 person takes a shower the whole place is soaked. I was in the room right next to reception, could hear everything through the walls, very noisy. also if someone wants to look at a room to decide if they want to stay, do not let them into a room at 7am when people are sleeping in it, random person walked in my room and woke me up

I really liked the suff

It's very clean and comfortable, close to the city centre, i was alone in a room for 4 and it was great !

I enjoyed my stay very much. Very good atmosphere and very nice and helpful staff.

Very noisy, room was extremely small, pillows weren't comfortable and duvet is smaller than expected (and we aren't that big....)

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Portugal

My boyfriend and I spent a night in the 4 bed dorm and a night in the private double room. The dorm was nice but the shower door was almost see through (there were other showers somewhere else in the hostel though and the water was hot). The private room was good: comfy bed and decent ensuite. The staff were super friendly! The only real downside to the hostel in general were the stairs leading to the reception and up to most of the other rooms - they are really steep.

room was okay, all the staff were incredibly nice. overall a pleasant stay

A great time in Utrecht at Stone Hostel

• 24th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

everything was great, except common fridge - pay attention a bit more about the food inside and clean it from time to time.. it was waay overcrowded and just nasty btw, you should mention somewhere that your staircases are very steep, but i guess you cant do anything about it..

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff are friendly, attentive and helpful.The clientele are a nice mix of young and older. Breakfast is good value at 4.5 euros, towels are free, beds are comfortable and it's a good base to explore the excellent city and cafe culture of Utrecht. Free tea and coffee plus use of the excellent fully stocked up kitchen, fridge and microwave. Not too noisy at night, good hostel for a relaxed stay. You can buy a bottle of beer or soft drink for only one euro.

• 13th Sep 2015

I enjoyed my stat at the Stone Hotel & Hostel. It is an ideal place for a short stay at Utrecht. The bedside socket and reading lamp are particularly handy. For a not very big room for the mixed dorm of 8, the bed is surprisingly wide and comfortable. The bathroom could use a part partition instead of a plastic curtain. It is a short walk to the Dom Tower and the canal ring, and the numerous cafes.

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was only here one night but it seemed fine to me, good location, fine facilities, lamp and pert outlet next to the bunks, kitchen facilities.

Lovely, just like come back home.

The staff is really nice, they have made me feel very confortable!!

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Excellent location and great staff. My only problem was that the stairs are very steep and narrow. Good value for money.

Best place to stay in Utrecht in the short term for a student looking for accommodation. Staff are friendly and helpful and the general atmosphere is welcoming.

Stone was a great place to start my trip. The staff is wonderful, helpful and very friendly. Beds are comfortable, toilets are very clean and location is walking distance from the center. Shower in the room needs a little refurbishing and a better door, but other than that I loved my stay at Stone.

Very friendly and relaxed group of people, and the hostel staff and owner were very nice too and great to chat with. Definitely reflected the cool vibe of Utrecht. Good small common room with an attached well-stocked kitchen. Located just on the edge of the city center, perfect place to stay if you're travelling on foot.

« first « Prev 1 2 3