Stone Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Biltstraat 31, Utrecht, Netherlands

I've been to more than 50 hostels, and I can definitely say that it is my favourite, the best one. It is a kind of hostel what every hostel should be. All of us agreed with the fact that staffs (Father and son) were literally amazing. They were willing to help us as much as they could. Facilities are pretty basic but it is very clean. And a lot of thing that should be paid in other hostels are free here, last but not least the beer was only one euro. Very friendly, easy to meet new people!

I stayed in Stone for about a week. It quite a basic and simple hostel but this is not a bad thing. The staff are truly great, particularly the Aussie helper and the awesome owners. I liked the very random and nice mixture of people that inhabited the hostel, all drawn to Utrecht for different reasons. This gave the hostel a pleasant and interesting atmosphere. As someone who has stayed in all three of Utrecht's hostel, I honestly feel this to be the best.

Nice clean hostel. In a fairly central part of Utrecht. Is a good budget place to say. Utrecht doesn't get a lot of backpackers so don't expect a really social atmosphere.

Very nice place, good location and great staff :)

A great hostel!In my opinion the only "problem"are the toilet and the shower, not very comfortable, but the rest was wonderful: very clean kitchen full of every kind of stuff you may need; a big common area full of space and books.A wonderful staff always kind and aproachable;expecially the brazilian girl at the reception desk that,always smiling,patiently answered all our weird questions,The dish of pasta we prepared was not enaugh to thank her!

Very cool place. The staff were friendly, the room large, the bed comfortable, the atmosphere chill. The one down side is that the lockers are too small for a pack so security takes a hit. All in all I'd stay again and would definitely recommend this hostel. Cheers.

Great atmosphere! This is a hostel where you can meet people and where the staff is really cool and friendly. The building is rather old so it is not one of these super fancy new hostels but it is a cool place to stay and I would recommend it!

Good hostel, the staff were very useful, even about things probably not in their job description. Clear doors to the shower aren't fun, and there are incredibly steep and narrow stairs. No complaints otherwise.

I got a really nice feeling of this hostel. relaxed and nice. free coffe. which is nice. linen included. recommended!

Having a transparent shower door in a mix room doesn't inspire much confidence on the place. Staff was great!!

Great experience for my first European hostel! Really friendly, relaxed and helpful staff, and nice facilities in my room. There was a group that kept the whole building awake at 4am, but I hope that was just unfortunate luck... nice place!

A great hostel to stay at!

• 25th Apr 2014