Story Guest House Reviews

Marine Tower 7th Floor, 1398-7, Jung Dong, Haeundae Gu, Busan, South Korea

We checked in to Story Guest House after a long day of travel from Seoul and the mere act of greeting us and accepting our money seemed like a huge inconvenience for the owner. The worst moment came when I took a shower in the communal bathroom and the cleaning lady barged in without knocking and proceeded to squat on the floor of the showers and clean her buckets and rags...while I was naked. I complained to the owner, but they insisted that it's a cultural thing and I wouldn't understand.

• 18th Feb 2015

Rooms are small as in not a lot of space to move but the beds are very comfy! Overall a very cool place to stay, super easy to find and free breakfast in the morning. Would recommend for anyone wanting a hostel by the beach!

the hostel was in a good location (near the beach) and fairly quiet, facilities were clean, heating was good. Hostel was really quiet and great for sleep (went midweek, very few international travellers it seemed?). Only thing is that the dorm room i stayed in didn't seem to have a window, so looking for stuff without turning hte lights (and waking other people up) was a bit challenging

• 28th Dec 2014

Story Guest House, it wasn't a good start for us unlike our experience in Jeju upon our arrival at Story Guest House we were told that we didn't make any reservation (when we've clearly paid the deposit and even had the digital receipt). It was a rather rude and an unimpressed first impression. However everything got sorted out and it wasn't a total lost, cause we got to meet new and awesome people. We do recommend talking to the young staff member, she was fun and very helpful.

In Haeundae Beach... Which might be nice in the summer, but in the winter it was a little dead (and expensive)! The breakfast was nice and the 8 bed dorm was cramped/small. On the plus side I was the only english-speaker there during my stay! It was all Koreans who were staying there when I was there.