7.2
Very Good 432 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 432 Total Reviews
Strand Continental Located at 143 Strand, London, , London.
England
London WC2R 1JA 143 Strand, London
72% 432
51.5116003 -0.1184463
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
26th Aug 2016
6.6

A great location with easy access to many sights. There were many stairs and the bathrooms could do with some hooks to hang your belongings from to keep them off the wet floor. The staff were helpful and as long as you don't expect too much it's fine.

• lucibart
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2016

Perfect location for theatres, shops, restaurants, tube. Staff are friendly, wifi is only is lobby and hardly works. Rooms are small but fine just to rest her head

• Australia, Female, 41+
20th Aug 2016
7.1

The hostel covered the main considerations when booking a room for a night. The bed was comfortable enough, the bedding adequate, and showers hot. The main thing going for this hostel is its location. Doesn't get much better than this. The hostel could be something special with its India Bar and art decor interior. However, instead, it looks/feels dated, neglected and a bit on the run down side. And NO LIFT! A large, suitcase barely fits in the stairway and lugging one up 4 flights is hard work.

• USA, Female, 25-30
13th Aug 2016

Great location right in the thick of things. Facilities are nothing fancy but clean enough and I'm not really there to hang out in the hostel anyway. They lock up at 11 pm (I wasn't told this!) so if you come back after there is a bell you can ring. free breakfast in the morning is a nice plus too. overall, satisfied.

5th Aug 2016
4.9

If you are looking for hot water, look no further! Extremely hot water coming out of every faucet. Very compact rooms. With luggage there is hardly any space to move. Not the worst hostel but definitely wont come again.

1st Aug 2016
7.1

The location was awesome. The room could have been cleaner but it wasn't too bad. I felt safe there and comfortable...

30th Jul 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and my room was clean and well kept. However I would note that I was on the 5th floor and there isn't a lift, that didn't bother me but I could see others being put off. Also the wifi didn't reach my room, but I wasn't there much do once again this wasn't a major issue for me.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
28th Jul 2016
6.9

It is in a great place, you can go everywhare walking... If you linke walknig a lot The price... Well, it is London, everything is expensive I didn't see any kintchen which I could use, but I was not looking for one The worst thinkg were the fact it does not have a lift, and the rooms start in floor 3 (I got one on the 6th) and the mattress, TERRIBLE, I could feel the springs

• mimrulz18310
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Jul 2016
7.1

Good solid hostel relative to the price in London. Good for an overnight stay. Had an issue where a staff member charged us 10£ on the day we checked out to hold our bags which was never refunded. Never had that happen before which was annoying

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
11th Jul 2016
7.4

Be prepared for very basic accommodation (only 1 out of 2 showers on my floor had hot water, the 4-bedroom dorm had very little unoccupied floor space, and I could feel all the springs in the bed) at an excellent location. Breakfast room has a lot of character though, and breakfast itself was fine too (despite the instant coffee; but overpriced coffee joints abound anyway). It's about the cheapest bed I could find in London, and considering the location, it was okay with me.