Strand Continental

Very Good 461 Total Reviews

• Northern Ireland, Female, 25-30
23rd Jan 2017
7.7

For a one night stay for one person in a private room it met the purpose. The location is incredible and the staff friendly and helpful

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Jan 2017

Amazing location with friendly staff!

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Dec 2016

Great Location and great price. Had to make our own beds which meant we got to see all the stains on the mattresses, also was not a comfortable nights sleep. However for the price we paid cant really complain as the room had great views over london and the location is second to none so would reccomend to those travelling on a budget.

22nd Dec 2016
5.1

Security door w/ key code is good. Thin, wooden doors to rooms don't calm nerves if worried about security. Location: Walk every where in central London. Staff: Friendly, but told me it'd take an hour and ten minutes at most to Luton; it took well over 2 hours and I almost missed my flight. Should be more knowledgeable. Atmosphere: A place for sleeping, not much else. Cleanliness: Towel had urine stain, not from me. Value: Too expensive for what it is. Facilities: In need of renovation.

18th Nov 2016
4.3

Very small rooms with poor facilities, our room of 4 had only 2 plugs that you can't reach from any of the beds, so you can't charge your phone and use it at the same time. Honestly. Beds were quite uncomfortable and the place a bit noisy, as it is above a restaurant and on the street. 6 floors without elevators and narrow steps, not easy to bring a suitcase.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
8th Nov 2016
4.6

The only thing it has going for it is it's location which is perfect. However, If I could choose again I would stay in another hotel and sacrifice the location because this hotel was quite bad. The room was very basic as in bad student accommodation basic, the pillows were stained yellow from years of being used and not changed. There was a thick layer of dust everywhere and on top of the wardrobe were three mouse traps on it. Breakfast was warm bread and corn flakes. Worst hotel I've stayed in.

26th Oct 2016
8.0

Pretty smart location. The personnel is nice and committed to make your stay as good as possible (I asked to move from a room to another and back because for 1 night the good room was full and they allowed me to check in before the official time, move my bags earlier and so on). Breakfast is also good, not top, but good (they could add fruit/salad/more yogurt). Bad aspects: quite expensive and no lockers in the rooms! They are important! Also few plugs, but the receptionist plugged my powerbank.

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
26th Oct 2016
6.0

The stench of egg in the room was awful. I was in a room with a mother and son as well as 3 women, which is poor management considering I am a 20-year-old male. However, the location couldn't be much better

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
8th Oct 2016

The location is the absolute best. It was my third time in London and I never stayed in hostel more perfect then this one. I recommend a lot for the place and the staff. The bed is not the best for sure, and it's not super clean. But when your room is in the sixth floor and you wake up with the amazing view, you forget about this for sure. I recommend this hostel a lot !

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Aug 2016
4.9

For the price this was not a good experience. Very old stained mattresses and blankets that we didn't want to sleep in, lots of stairs made getting to our hot room on the 5th floor difficult where the wifi didn't work. Can only hope we got a got a dud room because other reviews weren't this bad, we even checked over them when we got there to try figure out why we booked it. Great location though