Strand Continental Reviews

143 Strand, London, London, England

lacation is good and price is also good. but staff is so boring even she shout me,, cause after shower i didnt make up the toilet... i cannot understand .. The problem is not over. Facility is big problem in here... But wifi is so strong!!! i love it!!!

Cold water for two days...

Very basic, but for the price you pay you can't really expect much else. Excellent location and got a good nights sleep - can't really ask for more!

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Wales

The location was excellent, a few minutes away from the main views of the city. The hotel has wi-fi only on the reception floor. The rooms are small, and are located in the upper floors with no elevator.

NO HOT WATER FOR TWO DAYS OF OUR STAY

For what it is and the price I thought it was very good. The room was clean and had a sink and plenty of space. The bed was clean and comfortable. The toilets and showers could have been cleaner and maybe a bit more modern. The staff were helpful and friendly. There was no noise through the night. The location is excellent for central London. If you're after a cheap visit to London, I would recommend this budget hotel!

• 26th Oct 2013

The neighborhood is a little bit dangerous but the hotel is fine.. not what expected for the amount of money I paid but ok to sleep.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Panama

Decent... the rooms can be a bit chilly and bare (ie - no facilities such as a TV and a rickety door that doesn't look too sturdy). The staff were friendly and the facilities were presentable. If your looking for a no-frills single bed room this is perfect. A bit rough and ready but its a cheap place to get your head down after a few pints in Central London! Will definitely return if I am down in London again for similar reasons!

I wouldn't stay there again. The staff weren't very helpful - it's a common thing in good hostels that someone will help you with your heavy bag, here I was told that they don't offer such services... I would actually help anyone with that and I'm not a hostel employee.. The guests were also weird. There was literally no atmosphere. But it was clean. And the views were nice. However the rooms were so small! Even for London! And no elevator - six floors. No help with luggage. I don't recommend.

good hostel. nice staff. good breakfast!

Really good location!!

the window does not close, anybody with access to the fire escape stairs (i.e. anybody within the hotel or the building in front) could enter my room without making any noise, therefore leaving any valuables in the room is not an option, but this is normal in places like this. The room is comfortable and clean but ugly; should you be lucky that night, make sure that you turn her/him on well before taking her/him to the room, or just keep the lights off... and enjoy the great nights in London!!

Nice place and staff members

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

The lounge (the only place you can get wifi) is actually part of a restaurant so don't plan to skype or anything with privacy. No lift and private rooms are on the 5th floor. Nice enough staff but they will do the bare minimum to check you in and check you out. Bathrooms have no towels or other way to dry your hands.

Really happy here and would definitely come again. I'm a solo traveller and felt safe. Lots of steps though so if you find them difficult you will struggle. Check out could be later.

• 13th Jul 2013

I love that it's right in Central London but what impressed me that it was a 10 minute walk from the Waterloo Bridge/Waterloo Station. It's great walking distance to the London Eye, Tate Modern, and Trafalgar Square. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. I would definitely stay there when I make another visit in the future.

found the staff rather rude and unhelpful not even explaining to me where I had to go to enter the stairs to get to the hostel and I ended up in a restaurant doors on my room didn't lock automatically so if you didn't know you would leave it unlocked all the time. bathroom light wasn't working and there was no sink to wash your hands by the bathroom only in your room meaning touching 2 door handles to do so. wouldn't stay again 3x what I normally spend on accommodation in London.

Awesome location, awesome staff, had a great time! Thanks :)

• 1st Jul 2013

I stayed at the hostel for 3 weeks. The location was awesome, close to different tube lines so it's very easy to more around the city. The towels and sheets were a little bit nasty, stained and sometimes I wondered if my sheets were actually clean. It is not a party hostel, but I was in town for school, so it didn't bother me.

The showers have to be changed.. They are two dangerous. You step down from that and you fall and you may break something.. And swinging doors need to be fixed.. But other than that, it was a nice place. The lady that was on reception and breakfast buffet was great. Very nice. Very helpful..