Strand Continental Reviews

143 Strand, London, London, England

the window does not close, anybody with access to the fire escape stairs (i.e. anybody within the hotel or the building in front) could enter my room without making any noise, therefore leaving any valuables in the room is not an option, but this is normal in places like this. The room is comfortable and clean but ugly; should you be lucky that night, make sure that you turn her/him on well before taking her/him to the room, or just keep the lights off... and enjoy the great nights in London!!

Nice place and staff members

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

The lounge (the only place you can get wifi) is actually part of a restaurant so don't plan to skype or anything with privacy. No lift and private rooms are on the 5th floor. Nice enough staff but they will do the bare minimum to check you in and check you out. Bathrooms have no towels or other way to dry your hands.

Really happy here and would definitely come again. I'm a solo traveller and felt safe. Lots of steps though so if you find them difficult you will struggle. Check out could be later.

• 13th Jul 2013

I love that it's right in Central London but what impressed me that it was a 10 minute walk from the Waterloo Bridge/Waterloo Station. It's great walking distance to the London Eye, Tate Modern, and Trafalgar Square. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. I would definitely stay there when I make another visit in the future.

• 11th Jul 2013

found the staff rather rude and unhelpful not even explaining to me where I had to go to enter the stairs to get to the hostel and I ended up in a restaurant doors on my room didn't lock automatically so if you didn't know you would leave it unlocked all the time. bathroom light wasn't working and there was no sink to wash your hands by the bathroom only in your room meaning touching 2 door handles to do so. wouldn't stay again 3x what I normally spend on accommodation in London.

Awesome location, awesome staff, had a great time! Thanks :)

• 1st Jul 2013

I stayed at the hostel for 3 weeks. The location was awesome, close to different tube lines so it's very easy to more around the city. The towels and sheets were a little bit nasty, stained and sometimes I wondered if my sheets were actually clean. It is not a party hostel, but I was in town for school, so it didn't bother me.

The showers have to be changed.. They are two dangerous. You step down from that and you fall and you may break something.. And swinging doors need to be fixed.. But other than that, it was a nice place. The lady that was on reception and breakfast buffet was great. Very nice. Very helpful..

The Strand Continental was an amazing place to stay it was clean, affordable and the staff were very friendly and polite. The bedroom dooms were clean comfortable and fairly spacious with pug sockets nearby which was convenient for phones and laptops, although you may have to share from time to time. I didn't use the showers cause i was only staying for the 1 night but i had a look inside and was in good condition the toilet also. I will definitely use this hostel again in the near future.

everything was awesome in my room. the hot water ran out fast when I took a shower that was not a long ..staff was really friendly and helpful. That main door slams loud damn! but I can see how you need it to close...

• 28th May 2013

This hostel is clean, cheap, and basic. The location is great as far as nearby attractions (Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly, Thames), although the area can get a bit dodgy at night; I wouldn't want to walk around drunk after midnight. Luckily the hostel has an outdoor and indoor lock and feels very secure. It isn't a very social atmosphere, and wifi can only be accessed downstairs in common areas. I would recommend if you want a good value for your money and a clean pair of sheets.

The facilities would need some repair here and there, for example the lock on the door of my room was rather quirky, and it took many turns of the key to different directions before it would open or close. The flushing mechanism of some of the toilets also need repairing, and the wireless connection in the bar was unstable sometimes. On the positive side, both the room and the toilets and showers were clean, and the receptionists were very friendly and helpful. And the location is great.

• 8th May 2013
  • Finland

Exellent, just exellent location, the best one in London! If you want to live in the heart of living city - that's for you! It's short way to sightseeings and it's really comfortable around in nighttime. As far as the hostel itself is concerned, - friendly and helpfull staff, rather clean rooms (maybe rather small but not too much), clean bathrooms. Next time I'll stay here!

The bedroom is very confortable. But the bathroom is so small and it's very bad for taking a shower. The water sometimes was cold, I think they use boiler. The location is perfect. Very close to many of the most important places to visit, such as the Trafalgar Square. The staff was ok. There was a cool girl, she helped a lot every time I needed. I would say it's ok. I could stay there again if I would go to London again

• 27th Apr 2013

Value for money in this part of London. Cheap, close to embankment station.

Ovation was excellent and everything was clean, a little old building but it was just ok for sleeping

The hostel has a perfect location for a night to the theater. It's close to a subway station and the rooms are clean. The staff was very nice and could provide us with a room for one more night. It's a nice hostel. The staff is amazing and alwas friendly! I would stay there again!

No atmosphere, breakfast offered was very poor (only two kinds of cereal and some toast and honey), staff were friendly enough but When I asked reception for directions they could hardly speak English and had no idea how to help. (It was directions for the zoo so they probably should have known!) the sink in my room smelt whenever I used it. I ended up checking out a day early. The location was quite good tho. A communal tv room etc would have been nice. Somewhere to meet other tourist.

Great location, clean, safe, breakfast included. I will stay there again.