Strandhill Lodge, Hostel & Surf School Reviews

Strandhill, Co. Sligo, Sligo, Ireland

Great place. Right in the middle of an "Irish touristic holiday" town. It's really worth for the price. The weather was the worst, (Ireland is not Hawaii...) but for the other it's OK. We stayed in the hostel, and it was typical hostel. And if you are enough mad, you can surf or die trying.

Although we weren't there for surfing, this hostel is excellent for those who are looking for that. With that in mind, surfing is foremost, staying there is extraneous. The checkin process is very loose and casual, but the staff are friendly.

• 27th May 2015

The welcome from Pat at reception was great. He was very knowledgeable about Ireland overall and was open to any questions. I had questions the next morning as I left and I think we talked for 10 mins before I set off to continue my bicycle tour.

I had a very nice stay in Strandhill. Lot's of great people are working in this Hostel and I'll definitely come back to surf and to have a good time.

is perfect. Literally 4 min from the beach. Staff are very friendly. Free breakfast ( selection of cereals, toast, juice, coffee etc). Rooms and toilets are clean. Good value for money as well.

We really enjoyed our stay. Thank you for being so welcoming. Our room was very clean and tidy. The location in terms of facilities was excellent and very central. We will be back to stay and for longer next time. Thanks for everything!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Fantastic location, 2 mins away from the beach. Clean rooms and facilities, spacious kitchen and common area. Staff is also very friendly, especially the German girl working there. Would definitely go there again soon if I have the chance. .

Really enjoyed our stay, this hostel had a home like feeling. Awesome location right near the beach at Strandhill. Bathrooms, toilets and bedrooms were all clean. No eftpos available at the hostel so remember to take cash!

Good place for relaxing a few days, and enjoy the beach.

-very friendly helpful staff -great location (near beach, café and pub) -would definitely stay here again

• 27th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very friendly, the hostel is maintained very clean and is located at the best place which is just 200 metres to the beach.

I had a wonderful stay here. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and a two minute walk from the beach. Would definitely recommend