Strattons Hostel Reviews

249-253 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

Loads of long term visitors so kinda boring as they all work and don't go out. One night there was two random dudes on the floor in the room, pretty sure one was a tramp in off the street. The other was my mate. The guy on the the bunk below had the largest head I've ever seen and it was rather disturbing... made me feel slightly ill.

There is no Lounge so the People have to sitt in the hall. There are two tiny tables where u can eat. Not enough for all, some People have to sit on the hall again. In the third floor the toiletts don't have a door to the main hall. There is no reception so the People who live there just do what they want nobody take care. The rooms and the Location are good.

Always crowded and intense long wait at the reception desk, just a short question could takes minutes, always long check-in procedures with the guests before me. Staff was truly very helpful, they arranged me a key card so I could use the kitchen at WS. was surprised that the kitchen at Strattons was shut after midnight, but since I was welcome to stay in the common room..or hall.. and use the kitchen there, I can't really nag. Was definitely very fair priced for a tremendously expensive $idn€¥.

The Staff are very helpful but there is no reception at this hostel and we put up with drunk English yelling drinking singing in till well past 12am room had no curtain so the lights from stairs made room really bright all night so all in all a very poor nights sleep and it was only a mid week night think they need someone there to kick out people when the are drunk we payed to sleep there and that was the one thing we couldn't do