Strattons Hostel Reviews

249-253 Castlereagh Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

I travel all over the world and stay in "Hostelworld" since few years. This is first time that I'm complaining against a staff in the Hostelworld, I slept a night (26/09/2015) at Hostelworld in Sydney, the man (hostel staff) on 26/09/2015 around 4pm was very impolite and agressive toward me ! I didn't appreciate it at all, I was shocked by his behaves ! I never met such a staff with this Hostel ! I love this Hostel and all the staff everywhere.

• 26th Sep 2015

Met really cool people (first hotel in sydney that happened), nice kitchen, good location. Checking in was a bit difficult since it's two blocks over and the fact there was only wifi near that lobby was unfortunate

We found shaved hair in our 'fresh' beds. It was moldy everywhere. It was just disgusting! The vent was broken and the staff didn't come zo help and fix the problem! So we got sick during our stay amd we stayed just two nights!

I arrived to the hostel and note that the reception is 2 streets from the hostel, because it's very expensive to have one there, therefore there's no security, the staff was very rude and the rooms were dirty full of shoes and clothes in the hall. There are apparently no rules, when I arrived to my room it was full of people staying there long therm and the door had a shoe in the floor so it was open all the time was awful go somewhere else

• 26th May 2015
  • Mexico

Nice place for a good price. Well situated and cleaned. Not a lot of space in the dining area