Strawberry Hostel Wien Reviews

Mittelgasse 18., 1060 Wien, Vienna, Austria

All thought the hostel looks nice and has decent facilities the bathrooms are FILTHY and I doubt get cleaned more than monthly. As for the secure lockers in the room, there were only two with a lock and only one of those had a key for four people. SERIOUSLY? The staff were polite but seemed pretty disinterested most of my stay and seemed to find any questions tedious.

Awkward hostel. no lockers. Good kitchens. Terrible wifi. Awful atmosphere.

Nice staff, a lot of dirt in the kitchen and the room (A lot of travelers didn't clean their dishes). We booked a room for two with a shared bed and got two separated ones... (And you pay more for a room with a shared bed so this is really not okay). Still we didn't get our money back or another room. There were not enough cooking tools in the kitchen (Especially pots)

• 31st Aug 2014

Hostel was like a hotel and I would like to visit there again.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Finland

Staff was extremely friendly, except the hostel lost internet for over 48 hours, which is unacceptable, some staff didnt seem to recognize the severity of not being able to plan or book ahead for many backpackers. One in particular was so clueless and unhelpful my roommates and I wanted to asked for a refund on our stay. The security is also awful, you must leave the door unlocked until everyone is in the room, I'm not okay leaving it unlocked overnight waiting for anyone to waltz in the room.

The hostel was good, the kitchen was really useful and the staff was helpful. The only thing is that you need to pay more to have Wii fi in your Dorm and to leave a deposit in advance.

It was ridiculous, that when I complained that the shower doesn't work, they couldn't do anything. no new room, no money back.

Double bed was not available as stated. No explanation was offered for this matter.No internet in rooms in this 7 storey building except first floor.Toaster was not working.Kitchen was dirty in at the time we stayed.Pillows are big enough for new born baby.Towel which can be bought for 1 euro was for hire for 2 euros with 5 euro deposit payment.Property was not designed to be hostel really.Disappointing...

Highly recommend!!! Very clean, close to centre, modern amenities! We arrived thinking it was on the outskirts of vienna. It was literally a great 15 minutes walk to royal palace/museums and a 25 minute walk to the summer palace in opposite direction. Quiet location, but close to literally everything! Staff, cleanliness, kitchen were all superb! Very knowledgeable staff who really take the time. The place is run like a proper youth hostel. Very comfortable here.

• 19th Aug 2014

There is only one key per room, even if the people don't know each other. The beds weren't ready with clean sheets. We had to ask for them and change it all by ourselves. The stuff was nice.

Everything was fine. Staff is very kind and our room was clean.

• 13th Aug 2014

Nice hostel to stay in. 3 persons to a room with attached bathroom. Kitchen facilities too. Short walk to main shopping belt and city centre. Will definitely stay here again.

Strawberry Hostel is located very near Westbahnhof. But I had a difficulty to find it. Luckily I got help from young boys and a girl who were passing by. I enjoyed staying here a lot as I could see the staff clean the kitchen and all the other facilites regularly. I'll definately stay there again when I visit Wien again in the future.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Reception staff were fantastic but the hostel as a whole has plenty of room for improvement. The washing machines were cheap but clothes came out saturated

This hostel is very nice. It has a great atmosphere, great staff, and is very clean. It's in a fairly remote part of the city, but it is close to public transportation which can take you anywhere. There was a problem with hostel world, where I meant to book a bed in a three-bed room, and it booked the entire room. When I arrived, the hostel told me I have to pay for all three beds. It would not let me cancel the other two.

• 7th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Strawberry. I booked a private room and it was quite hot in the summer but still manageable, wifi only in common room but it is not a big deal as the wifi connection is very good and stable compared to a boutique hostel I've been in Budapest. Staff was nice and give good advice on where to go etc.

Very clean, looks like a hotel, but no wifi in the rooms.

We enjoyed our stay. It was a very nice hostel and our room had a private bathroom, fridge, etc...just like a hotel room. We staff could have been more friendly, but overall we would recommend this hostel.

Great place to stay, close to two metro stations and loads of supermarkets. Has two kitchens which have everything you need. Wifi works well. Rooms are a good size and very clean, gives you a taste of student life in vienna

Good value for money hostel with clean basic rooms. Easy to access the city with a 5 minute walk to the nearest U-bahn station. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was no social atmosphere unfortunately, which could be easily improved just by putting on music in the main room, having a small bar etc.