Strawberry Hostel Wien Reviews

Mittelgasse 18., 1060 Wien, Vienna, Austria

Everything was fine. Staff is very kind and our room was clean.

• 13th Aug 2014

Nice hostel to stay in. 3 persons to a room with attached bathroom. Kitchen facilities too. Short walk to main shopping belt and city centre. Will definitely stay here again.

Strawberry Hostel is located very near Westbahnhof. But I had a difficulty to find it. Luckily I got help from young boys and a girl who were passing by. I enjoyed staying here a lot as I could see the staff clean the kitchen and all the other facilites regularly. I'll definately stay there again when I visit Wien again in the future.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Reception staff were fantastic but the hostel as a whole has plenty of room for improvement. The washing machines were cheap but clothes came out saturated

This hostel is very nice. It has a great atmosphere, great staff, and is very clean. It's in a fairly remote part of the city, but it is close to public transportation which can take you anywhere. There was a problem with hostel world, where I meant to book a bed in a three-bed room, and it booked the entire room. When I arrived, the hostel told me I have to pay for all three beds. It would not let me cancel the other two.

• 7th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Strawberry. I booked a private room and it was quite hot in the summer but still manageable, wifi only in common room but it is not a big deal as the wifi connection is very good and stable compared to a boutique hostel I've been in Budapest. Staff was nice and give good advice on where to go etc.

Very clean, looks like a hotel, but no wifi in the rooms.

We enjoyed our stay. It was a very nice hostel and our room had a private bathroom, fridge, etc...just like a hotel room. We staff could have been more friendly, but overall we would recommend this hostel.

Great place to stay, close to two metro stations and loads of supermarkets. Has two kitchens which have everything you need. Wifi works well. Rooms are a good size and very clean, gives you a taste of student life in vienna

Good value for money hostel with clean basic rooms. Easy to access the city with a 5 minute walk to the nearest U-bahn station. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was no social atmosphere unfortunately, which could be easily improved just by putting on music in the main room, having a small bar etc.

We had a great stay. Great value for money!

The kitchen was really drity sometimes, but the room and the toilets was nice and Clean. The staff was really helpfull and gave me good tips of good places to go. The wifi was only in the coomon room. So people did not hang out wiht eachother - they just looked at the internet. So it was hard to get to meet new people.

Very big hostel with very little atmosphere. Room was adequate and clean but the hostel was a little out of town.

It waa a good facility, although the kitchen was disgusting. There were ants crawling over all the counter tops. The staff should start checking it regularly because it seemed like the customers weren't cleaning up after themselves.

We had a private room which was quite nice with a fridge inside. The problem is that there was no air-conditiong and as it was a hot day an night, we couldn't sleep almost at all. When the window was inside, bees came into the room. First night there was full of stress and lack of sleep, that's why we were left with bad memories. Otherwise the place is ok for the price paid. During colder times, our experience would have been different. No wifi in room, had to go downstairs for wifi.

The directions from the train station are absolutely useless and many people in the hostel agreed. The room was unbearably hot, for the amount we paid I would have expected at least a fan. We booked an 8 bed dorm but we were very surprised to end up in a 3 bed dorm and being a couple this made things very awkward. For the price we paid it was not worth it at all.

• 20th Jul 2014

Its a pity that there was only WiFi at the reception area.

Nice hostel close to the Westbahnhof. The rooms were nice, the bathroom had a decent size. The bad things are that WiFi does not reach the rooms and that the tourist attractions are a bit far from the hostel's location.

Rooms are clean and spacious. Bathrooms have just been renovated. The guy that runs the hostel is extremely helpful! He even helped me organise dinner reservations at a traditional Austrian restaurant as a surprise for my girlfriend! Recommend this hostel for your stay in Salzburg !

Excellent!!!