Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Very friendly staff and lovely atmosphere, clean rooms and facilities.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Egypt

This is very nice to know you enjoyed your stay with us in Istanbul. Special thanks for your nice words about staff and athmosphere . Wish to have you again with us for your next Istanbul visit.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to! Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, and you meet the most amazing people on the common area! Super close to taxsim square and a tram line. Love love loved it at Stray Cat!

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with us, Thanks for the nice words about staff and athmosphere. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

I loved the stray cats :) it was close to taxim and to tram line t1. The stuff was absolutely amazing and helpful!

• 10th Nov 2014

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our location, rooms, atmosphere, cleaning and staff .We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again.

The rooms are very basic, but clean. The staff are chatty and always ready to give advice and tips about where to go in Istanbul. It was easy to meet people in the common area, and lovely to have the cats jump up and cuddle next to you on the couches. The location is great - within walking distance to the big tourist sites, but away from a lot of the hustle of the main streets that surround it.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our location , social atmosphere, cleaning and staff , We apologize if you experienced some small problem with the size of your single room . We have different sizes for single rooms, when you inform us beforehand or upon arrival we are more than happy to make the arrangements according to your wishes. Happy travels.

I have traveled a lot over the past years and my week long stay at Stray Cat was one of my best experiences at a hostel. I was traveling on my own and was very happy to be assisted by a great staff who helped give me suggestions, as well as met many other very friendly and like-minded travels in the common area-- there you can always meet some interesting people (...and a cat or two). Bonus points was that the breakfast was really great. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Very nice to hear your kind words. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our rooms, social atmosphere, cleaning , kittens and staff. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again.

What a great hostel! Very social, staff is great, chill atmosphere, plus there are cats around! Rooms are clean, and the included breakfast is tasty. Only complaint is that the bathroom/shower on my floor (3rd floor) didn't always work. But it wasn't even a problem because I just used the one on another floor. Awesome hostel, wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else if I go back to Istanbul.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our rooms, social atmosphere, cleaning, staff. We apologize if you experienced some problem with the shower on your floor. We would like to inform you and our future guests that we fixed the problem to prevent future occurrence. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul.

The guys working here must be the friendliest people in Istanbul! Very helpful. There are indeed felines here but not that many (and I think they're only in the common area) so don't worry about the rooms smelling or anything. Great breakfast but the shower did have problems. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone! Close to public transportation too.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our rooms, social atmosphere, cleaning , staff , We apologize if you experienced some problem with the shower in your floor . We would like to inform you and our future guests that we fixed the problem to prevent future occurrence.We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul

Cracking hostel. Small but decent enough vibe. Excellent location, really good staff, comfy beds in decent sized rooms. (Nice that they're not all bunks too!) The cats are an excellent touch. Would definitely stay again.

Very nice to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay with us . Very nice to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul next time . Happy travels.

We had an excellent stay. The staff were very helpful, kind and offered us a lot of cake!

• 9th Oct 2014

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with us, We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

Loved my stay here. Friendly staff, cool surroundings and a really good location. And cute cats. It was definitely value for money. Check out the picture of cats in istanbul on the stairwell too (by yours truly)

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our location, staff, neighbourhood and service. Special thanks for the compliment for kittens. And also for the artwork on the stairwell. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

This hostel was great. really nice staff. Water and tea always available. Everybody staying was nice and relaxed. Close to all sites and easy access to different parts of Istanbul. Felt safe. Very clean. great value. Highly recommend staying here. Thanks for everything StrayCat.

• 23rd Sep 2014

I loved the themed walls

Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel. Happy new travels.

This hostel is fantastic. First of all, it is clean! Every day the bathrooms and showers were cleaned so well (literally saw worker on hands and knees cleaning). The location is awesome, 10 minute walk to Taksim Square and 2 minute walk to tram which takes you right to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, etc. Staff is always so friendly and helpful. Highly recommend!

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied withour cleaning, staff and location , We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

Everything was great!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

This was a cool little hostel. The style where they let artists create work throughout the hostel. It had a smaller common area, but I was only here one night and I met a lot of people, so it does the trick. Perhaps us Canadians are usually outgoing. : ) My only complaints are they had locks on the room doors, but did not use them, the lockers in the rooms are small, and there are no plug-ins by the beds. Otherwise, hostel had a cool vibe and thoroughly enjoyed the one night I stayed there.

• 15th Sep 2014

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with us, We apologize that we were not explanatory enough for locker case. We have safe boxes in reception area . We apologize we forget to inform you. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

great hostel! always clean, comfy beds, good breakfast, perfect location, always wifi in the lounge room, friendly and helpful staff and adorable kittens! Staff even helped us stop a taxi out the front of the hostel on our departure!

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with us, Special thanks for loving the kittens. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

If you don't like cats or are allergic, maybe is not the right place for you. Overall I had a fantastic time at this hostel. The guys who are working there are really friendly and try to help where they can. There are no lockers in the rooms or just in that one I stayed, but there are lockers in the common room. I would come back again. Ahja, the location is just perfect.

I am glad I cancelled my original booking in a hotel and decided to stay in a hostel. Straycat is probably one of the best hostels out there in Istanbul - it was recommended to me by a random traveller I met in Berlin. Very decent rates. Rooms are clean and spacious. I loved the common area the most where the rest of the occupants chill out after a long day of sightseeing with a cold beer and share their travel tales. Special mention to Hamid - super awesome & friendly guy from the reception.

Confortable rooms, amazing staff, good location and great atmosphere. For the price you pay, it's really worth it!

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our rooms, location, staff, and social athmosphere. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

Great hostel. Definitely one of the best I've stayed in. Atmosphere in the common room was excellent, and there are some adorable resident kittens. Staff are excellent, rooms are excellent.