Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

We couldnt have had a better place to stay in Istanbul. The staff were really friendly and helpful any time of the day. We highly recommend Stray Cat Hostel. Big love from M and B.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Norway

Thanks for very nice feedback. We were happy to have you and your friend. Happy and safe new travels.

I was there with my sister and our stay was just wonderful! we wish we could have stayed longer! The location is perfect, the staff is perfect and the cats are perfect! I will recommend it to anybody going to Istanbul. We were warmly welcomed and even had breakfast, they told us about the city and tips to go around, the room was perfectly prepared for us. At night the atmosphere is great to hang around and we were always well welcomed back everyday! No negative comments! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Mauritius

It was nice to accomodate you here, we are thankful for your nice feedback. It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed our staff , vibe and special thanks for mentioning about the kittens. Happy to know we are going to be your choice again in your next Istanbul visit. Happy and safe travels..

Loved the straycat! Made some great friends. It was nice and central and easy to get around, although there is that hill..but still totally worth it. And there are kittens there right now who are so sweet and cuddly! Everyone on staff was incredibly helpful and cool. I painted something on the wall for a free night so if you have an artistic flare I totes recommend it. Just super chill all around

• 18th Jun 2015

Thank you for all nice words and for the nice mural on the wall. we enjoy to know you had a nice time here. Happy and safe new travels.

Great hostel, would certainly recommend. Real homely feel, met some great fellow travellers and the staff and very friendly and genuinely helpful. The small kittens running around the place also made it even better. Would come back for sure.

Thanks for your nice words about our vibe, staff and especially kittens. Happy to know we are going to be your choice next time in Istanbul again. Happy and safe travels.

I loved everything about this hostel! The staff was incredibly helpful and informative of places to do and eat around the city. I loved the collected artwork from previous guests adding to the eclectic and easy going nature of the hostel. I loved the downstairs common room area as it was a prime place to read, use wi-fi or meet up with other guests. And the cats were definitely an added bonus! I would recommend Stray Cat to anyone visiting Istanbul.

Thank you very much for all these nice words. We enjoy to know your holiday in Istanbul was a memorable one in Stray Cat Hostel. Special thanks for mentioning about kittens . Happy new travels.

I spent three days at this hostel and very much enjoyed it. Great location, lovely interiors, really friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast. Would love to stay there again!

Thanks for your nice words. We are happy to know you liked your stay with us in Istanbul. Happy new travels.

Great hostel in central and cool area of Istanbul. Close to Bosporus, just a quick walk downhill and up the hill you're at Taksim square and shopping area. Great people in the international staff that helped us to discover the great and also alternative spots in the city! Super cute kitties around. Wishing all the best for little tomcat Pasa to grow big and strong! Nice breakfast, renovated bathrooms, private twin room was fine!

• 12th Jun 2015

We thank you a lot for your nice feedback. Thanks especially for your nice wishes for kitty Pasa, happuy to know you enjoyed our breakfast , rooms and vibe. Happy and safe new travels.

It was a good choice. When looking for a play to stay in Istanbul, I had several options, but I'm glad I chose this place. The staff and owner when above and beyond to make every guest feel welcomed and at home. I stay at the Stray Cat Hostel for 5 nights and within that time I saw them do everything they could to help the common traveller. Great atmosphere and great place.

• 12th Jun 2015

This is a very nice feedback , we thank you for your all nice words. Happy new travels.

A lovely bohemian place with super friendly staff where it's easy to meet people since there is a very welcoming lounge area. Located in Beyoglu, between Taksim Square and the Bosphorus. You do have to like cats though as it's not only in the name, there are cats around!

Thanks a lot for this nice feedback, it is a pleasure to hear you liked our vibe and enjoyed your stay in Stray Cat Hostel, sure a special thanks for mentioning about the kittens in the lounge area. Happy new travels.

I was made very welcome by the staff and introduced to all the different places that I could visit, how to get there and when they were open. I loved the atmosphere and there is plenty of space in the dorm that I was in. My friend who was starting a tour of turkey was quite envious even though she was booked into a very upmarket hotel!

Thank you for your nice feedback, it is a pleasure for us to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy to know we are going to your choice for your next Istanbul visit. Happy and safe travels.

We stayed at Stray Cat Hostel for five nights with 12 students in three 4-bed-rooms. The Staff is very friendly and always ready to help. Breakfast is simple. Matresses could be better but are okay. When staying at this hostel you should like cats and not be allergic as they are often staying in the lounge/dining room. All in all we liked our stay and the beautiful and creative designs of the rooms.

• 17th May 2015

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to know you liked the paintings in rooms and common areas, and special thanks for menitioning about the kittens. Happy new travels.

Great staff, lots of cats.

Thank you for sharing your experience and your feedback for Stray Cat Hostel, To hear you liked our kittens is a big pleasure. Happy to know you enjoyed your stay in Istanbul with us. Happy and safe travels.

We loved our stay at Stray Cat Hostel! The atmosphere was so amazing and the cats were so cute! Breakfast was yummy and the staff always asked how our day was and even figured out our transportation to and from the airport. I would have felt more comfortable if there were bigger lockers to store our stuff after we checked out and I would have liked more than a sheet on our bed, it did get a little bit chilly at night, but other than that, we loved our stay! Definitely would come here again.

Thank you very much for your nice feedback and special thanks to your compliments to our laid back vibe and kittens This is so nice to know that we are going to be your choice again for your next Istanbul visit . Happy travels.

It was a good place. If I return to the city I will stay there.

• 6th May 2015

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy new travels.

close to bus station but very difficult walking(hill)...good staff and the breakfast its ok...to share just a little living...you can visit the mosque walking 25m

Thank you for your feedback and we enjoy to know you had a overall nice stay with us.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The paintings everywhere are so nice and the fact that you offer some cats a home gives the hostel an extra feeling of being very welcome. It's close to taksim but the hill is quite steep, i didn't see that coming. Wifi unfortunately doesn't work very well on higher floors (as well in the dorms as in the Twin bedroom) but downstairs is enough space to sit down. Breakfast was perfect! Thanks for all your good help! P.s. I was a little cold at night :s

Thank you for being very kind and giving us such a nice feedback. Special thanks for mentioning about kitties. Nice to know we see you again in your next Istanbul visit.

Location was great next to restaurants and cafes. Walking distance to two or three metro and tram lines. Room was a little cramped and the building and my room was a little noisy from the plumbing. Otherwise the staff was super helpful and friendly, and I felt welcomed. Recommended but maybe some rooms are hit or miss.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our location and staff , We apologize if you experienced some small problem with the size of your single room . We have different sizes for single rooms, when you inform us beforehand or upon arrival we are more than happy to make the arrangements according to your wishes. Happy travels.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The beds were comfy, the showers warm and the staff were wonderful they were really friendly and full of great advice The cats were an addedd bonus!

Thanks for your nice words for Stray Cat Hostel . We enjoy to know you had a joyfull stay in Istanbul. Nice to know we are going to be your choice again for your next trip to Istanbul. Happy and Safe Travels

The hostel staff was amazing, such a nice and cozy place. Very clean! Hope to be there again.

Thank you for your nice words for the athmosphere and staff. It was a pleasure to know we are going to be your choice for your next Istanbul visit. Happy and safe travels.

Honestly this place is perfect, however, if you are not into cats then this is not the place for you. Location is perfect. You are close to the tram and the ferry that takes you to the Asian side/prince's islands. You are a steep walk uphill to taksim but please be aware that Istanbul is FULL of hills. Staff is very friendly. I would come back if given the opportunity to do so.

It was a pleasure to have you and your friend here. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and for the nice words, a special thanks for mentioning about kittens. We wish to see you again for your next Istanbul visit.