Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

This was a cool little hostel. The style where they let artists create work throughout the hostel. It had a smaller common area, but I was only here one night and I met a lot of people, so it does the trick. Perhaps us Canadians are usually outgoing. : ) My only complaints are they had locks on the room doors, but did not use them, the lockers in the rooms are small, and there are no plug-ins by the beds. Otherwise, hostel had a cool vibe and thoroughly enjoyed the one night I stayed there.

• 15th Sep 2014

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with us, We apologize that we were not explanatory enough for locker case. We have safe boxes in reception area . We apologize we forget to inform you. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

great hostel! always clean, comfy beds, good breakfast, perfect location, always wifi in the lounge room, friendly and helpful staff and adorable kittens! Staff even helped us stop a taxi out the front of the hostel on our departure!

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with us, Special thanks for loving the kittens. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

If you don't like cats or are allergic, maybe is not the right place for you. Overall I had a fantastic time at this hostel. The guys who are working there are really friendly and try to help where they can. There are no lockers in the rooms or just in that one I stayed, but there are lockers in the common room. I would come back again. Ahja, the location is just perfect.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with us, We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

I am glad I cancelled my original booking in a hotel and decided to stay in a hostel. Straycat is probably one of the best hostels out there in Istanbul - it was recommended to me by a random traveller I met in Berlin. Very decent rates. Rooms are clean and spacious. I loved the common area the most where the rest of the occupants chill out after a long day of sightseeing with a cold beer and share their travel tales. Special mention to Hamid - super awesome & friendly guy from the reception.

Confortable rooms, amazing staff, good location and great atmosphere. For the price you pay, it's really worth it!

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and review for Stray Cat Hostel.We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our rooms, location, staff, and social athmosphere. We are happy to know that you would choose Stray Cat as your home in Istanbul again. Happy new travels.

Great hostel. Definitely one of the best I've stayed in. Atmosphere in the common room was excellent, and there are some adorable resident kittens. Staff are excellent, rooms are excellent.

Excelent facilities, very confortable bed and extremely helpful staff. The common area is great to meet other travellers and there's always some nice music playing. The breakfast is simple but enough to keep you satisfied for a while. Besides, the hostel is really close to Taksim square, tram and ferry lines. Stray Cat is what every hostel should be! Keep up the good work guys!

An excellent hostel where there is always someone at the front desk ready to help out or deal with inquiries. The name of the place is very appropriate as there is family of resident cats who have made the hostel home. If you are not fond of the creatures best you go elsewhere! For me like many others, cats conjure up images of homeliness. The current litter of kittens was a bonus. It is kept clean and the bathrooms and WC have functional plumbing which is essential in the hot summer months.

I absolutely LOVED this hostel. LOCATION: right by the tram, short train ride to the main tourist area (Blue Mosque etc), but is itself in the cool place where you can explore the city at night (Taxim square, bars, clubs, etc). STAFF: the coolest, friendliest, helpful people. they're happy to help you plan. ATMOSPHERE: super chill, great music playing, cats to play with. can drink, read, whatever A/C is awesome. good showers and bathrooms. fridge, free water/coffee, breakfast. elevator

Helpful and very friendly staff at all hours, free to use lockers, very friendly atmosphere between the guests, good location near Taksim Square, a simple but delicious breakfast.... I could be going on and on about the positive things about this hostel. Sincerely recommended!

Staff were incredibly lovely and helpful. Nice bright rooms with aircon. Really good place for meeting fellow travelers and a good . Free breakfast, teas/coffees and water were a great addition to a really great hostel! I'd recommend this to anyone coming to Istanbul.

1 2 Next » last »