Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu SK. NO 35 Cihangir, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Highly recommend staying here! Great communal area, easy to chat and hang out with fellow travellers and pet the resident cats & kittens! The cats are very social too! The rooms are clean & tidy, simple breakfast/tea/coffee provided is great. A little tricky to find as Istanbul street signage is unreliable at best, so just trust the directions given & go with the landmarks. Once you've got your bearings it's a really convenient location. Would definitely stay again!

Thank you for your nice feedback, it is very nice to know what you liked about us, and it is great to hear you had a nice stay in Istanbul with us. Happy you liked the location,vibe , staff and cleaning. Happy new travels.

First things first, you would not find warmer staff anywhere else. It really brings a genuine vibe to the place. I missed my flight to Istanbul and had to catch another flight in the next day. The staff was sympathetic of my plight and was not charged for the night that I wasn't present in the hostel. Stray Cat hostel does live up to its name and you would find many kitties here and outside on the streets. Although cleanliness of the place could be improved.

Thanks a lot for your nice words. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.ç Happy new travels.

I booked two nights with Stray Cat hostel and that two nights became 20 days. Stray Cat Hostel is more than just a hostel, it's a place that I feel comfortable going back to. It's a place where there are people I can count on when I need help. It's a family-like "hostel" that the staffs would worry about me if I go back "home" late at night. It's a "hostel" that I would call to tell them that I arrived safely at the next destination. Thank you :)

• 16th Sep 2015
  • China

Thank you for your kind feedback. Happy new travels.

I don't normally like hostels, but this place was excellent. The people I met here, staff and temporary residents alike, were friendly, interesting and just to be around. I was happy to return here every day because it felt quite homely. A+.

• 15th Sep 2015

Thank you for this feedback. It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay in Istanbul at Stray Cat Hostel. Happy and safe new travels.

Easily one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at - colourful and creative interior, super friendly staff, laid-back people that you can trust and dont have to lock all your stuff away from...like in the good old days :) great location next to Bosphorus, tram and artsy neighbourhoods ... oh and they have KITTENS ♡

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are more than happy to know you enjoyed your stay at Stray Cat Hostel. Happy and safe new travels.

My second time at SC, just two nights this time, it was as nice i remembered. Great room, AC, shops close to hostel and same nice staff.

It was a pleasure to have you and your friend here. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and for the nice words, Happy travels.

Thank you for the wonderful stay in the Stray Cat Hostel. Greetings to the kittens :)

Thank you for your nice words. Happy to know you will choose us for your next Istanbul visit again. Happy new travels.

This place was fine (as long as you don't mind cats) but it was really really hot in the room and had no fan, and you can't open the windows because of the ultra conservative neighbors who can see in the room. The wifi was spotty at best. The staff was super nice and very helpful. I loved those kittens, too!

We are happy to hear that you found us very helpful and friendly. Thank you for your time to evaluate our hostel.At our hostel we strive to provide a social and welcoming environment where travellers can meet and sleep for a budget rate. Additionally there is air conditioning in every room, we apologize if our staff was not clear about this. We regrettably apologize for not fulfilling your expectations and wish you safe and happy travels.

great place to meet people

Thank you for this nice feedback. Happy to jnow you enjoyed to bein Istanbul with us.Happy new travels.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really helpful and gave great advice on what to do and see around the city. The atmosphere of the hostel is also really nice, fairly relaxed and chilled out which makes it easy to meet others. I would just say that in terms of walking to the hostel on arrival with all your luggage it might be a little tough, due to the hill. So it might be worthwhile considering other options. Otherwise and awesome place to stay!

Thank you for this nice feedback. It is a pleasure to know you liked the relaxed athmosphere and help of staff during your stay. Happy and safe travels.

Really enjoyed my stay, the staff went out of their way to help me with certain problem I've had and I got to meet a lot of awesome people which is always the most important thing in a hostel think.

• 7th Aug 2015

Happy to know you enjoyed your time in Istanbul with us. Thank you for all nice words. Happy new travels.

One of the nicest hostels we have stayed at! The staff is very friendly, helpful and gives you tips on the sights to see and local life. The location is good – near to a port, the Taksim square and only a couple of tram stops away from the Old Town. And of the course – the kittens made the stay perfect in Istanbul. We would deffinitely come back to Stray Cat and recomend this place to any traveller.

Thank you very much for this nice feedback. It was nice to have you and your friend here. Thanks for your nice words for location, staff, vibe and especially for the kittens. Happy new travels.

Granted I only stayed overnight here, but it wasn't a good experience. When I checked in was told my room wasn't ready and to come back at 3, came back at 6 and it still wasn't ready. Tried putting me in a room separate to my locker, wasn't too keen on that. Shower next to room flooded every time it was used into the dorm room. Front door of hostel was open all the time and there was no locks on the dorm rooms. So zero security.

Thank you for your time to evaluate our hostel. At our hostel we strive to provide a social and welcoming environment where travellers can meet and sleep for a budget rate. We regrettable apologize for not fulfilling your expectations and wish you safe and happy travels.

The staff here are amazing and always help you a lot. Not as many cats as I thought there would be, only 1 or 2 maximum.

It was a pleasure to have you and your friend here. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and for the nice words, a special thanks for mentioning about kittens. We wish to see you again for your next Istanbul visit.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff is friendly, helpful, and work to create a friendly and comfortable environment. Travelling alone as a Muslim woman, I felt like I was hanging out with friends at Stray Cat. They genuinely mean their anti-discrimination policy, and I felt very comfortable. They also have cats (and kittens!) who are lovely and cuddle up with you when you're hanging out with a cup of tea in the common space. 4/5 stars for the somewhat small kitchen.

It is our pleasure to accomodate you here. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Istanbul with us. Special thanks for metioning about our kittens. Happy and safe new travels.

amazing staff they so nice so cooperative i loved the place the area its perfect they where so helpful we had the check out n the last day at 12 but that day me and my friend we where out all night we get back 11.30 and they asked us u didn't come back or sleep we said no i asked for late check out they said the guest will get the room at 4 so its yours till that time this kind of service you cant find it anywhere so nice i really appreciated and they kept giving us advice's where to go

It was great to have you and your friend here. It is a pleasure to know you liked Istanbul and your stay at Stray Cat Hostel. Happy new travels.

We couldnt have had a better place to stay in Istanbul. The staff were really friendly and helpful any time of the day. We highly recommend Stray Cat Hostel. Big love from M and B.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Norway

Thanks for very nice feedback. We were happy to have you and your friend. Happy and safe new travels.

I was there with my sister and our stay was just wonderful! we wish we could have stayed longer! The location is perfect, the staff is perfect and the cats are perfect! I will recommend it to anybody going to Istanbul. We were warmly welcomed and even had breakfast, they told us about the city and tips to go around, the room was perfectly prepared for us. At night the atmosphere is great to hang around and we were always well welcomed back everyday! No negative comments! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Mauritius

It was nice to accomodate you here, we are thankful for your nice feedback. It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed our staff , vibe and special thanks for mentioning about the kittens. Happy to know we are going to be your choice again in your next Istanbul visit. Happy and safe travels..

Loved the straycat! Made some great friends. It was nice and central and easy to get around, although there is that hill..but still totally worth it. And there are kittens there right now who are so sweet and cuddly! Everyone on staff was incredibly helpful and cool. I painted something on the wall for a free night so if you have an artistic flare I totes recommend it. Just super chill all around

• 18th Jun 2015

Thank you for all nice words and for the nice mural on the wall. we enjoy to know you had a nice time here. Happy and safe new travels.

Great hostel, would certainly recommend. Real homely feel, met some great fellow travellers and the staff and very friendly and genuinely helpful. The small kittens running around the place also made it even better. Would come back for sure.

Thanks for your nice words about our vibe, staff and especially kittens. Happy to know we are going to be your choice next time in Istanbul again. Happy and safe travels.