Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Smells like cat but not a bad place to stay. Kittens added charm, keep em coming.

Great location in the real coolest part of the city also very close to ferry to asian side. Place was great, staff were mega helpful and clued up super friendly. If you coming to Istanbul 100% stay here. I miss hanging out with the cats - snowflake.

Very welcoming atmosphere and highly useful newcomers' info about Istanbul right when signing in. Room was clean and comfortable, and we marvelled at the custom-painted walls there and elsewhere in the hostel. Location is very close to Taksim square, but finding the right street can be difficult - Istanbul is rather labyrinthine and many streets lack proper name signs. It is wise to closely follow the instructions given by the hostel, and print a map too if possible.

The stray Cat is a cool hostel. It's very easy to connect with other travelers . The best part is indeed the friendliness of the staff, especially the two Persian fellows from Teheran. Tschüss! Amagi Patrick

I loved staying at stray cats! Super friendly professional and helpful staff, clean and cozy place, lots of cuddly cats around the house! I love cats, but maybe not a place if you're allergic. Will definitely stay here next time in istanbul. A lovely restful place for weary travellers!

Sorry, I am still travelling can't remember the name of the evening nice guy from hostel, very helpful helped me carried my luagage and get a fair taxi fare to Taksim, thank you very much.

Very good hostel, wish the kitchen was really a full kitchen, but ya can't have everything, I suppose! I'd go back.

The staff was great! BUT, if you don't love cats 100% then I wouldn't recommend staying here. I like cats, but don't love them so I probably wouldn't stay here again.

I definitely enjoyed my sojourn whilst in Istanbul. Stray Cat provided the refuge I was looking for. The staff was friendly and helpful in regards to navigating you around the City and any recommendations to help you along your way. The T1 tram is just a minutes walk and Istiklal st is ~15min stroll (up the steep hill). I was a solo traveler and found it easy to meet other fellow travelers here - I say this because not all Hostels provide such a welcoming vibe. Istanbul, Not Constantinople!

• 30th Dec 2013

Great hostel, cozy atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. Good location close to Taksim and public transport. And when you come back after visiting Istanbul, chill on the couch, meet other travelers, play with the kittens! I really enjoyed my stay here.

Best Hostel in Istanbul. I have been there before and will be back, thanks! Mark

Wonderful atmosphere with nice people... and kittens! The neighborhood is great - right in between Taksim Square and the tram toward Sultanahmet - and the staff are really cool and helpful. The cats stay downstairs and somehow they keep the place really clean. Stray Cat is overall one of the best hostels I've been to and I would stay there again.

Well the best part about this hostel is the tribe of cats that live there. It's also really well-decorated. The neighborhood is cool and very close to Taksim but a ways from the older, more touristy parts of Istanbul. Kind of a bohemian vibe going on here.

Super chill hostel; the cats/kittens are a great addition. Upgraded for free to a private rooms with my friends and had a nice bathroom next to our room. There were always cool people hanging the lobby - enjoyed playing backgammon and talking with the staff about what we should do in Istanbul. Kitchen is kind of odd because it is open to the outdoors. Convenient store across the street was great, best baklava ever right down the street. Not a big party atmosphere but always some chill drinkers.

AMAZING HOSTEL. The staff was so kind and helpful. The breakfast was really great. They have 3 kittens that are THE BEST. At first, we were thrown off by the location but it's close to a metro and the main bar street which was great. It's definitely not a party hostel, but you can go out for that. We ended up just chilling in the hostel for two nights. The vibe there was great with the cats and tea and backgammon and books. If you're looking for a hip, chill hostel...this is your place to stay.

Great place! Great staff! Great cats! One of the best hostels we've ever been! :) Come to Stray Cat and fully enjoy the magic of Istanbul :)

It's a good value-for-money hostel, with all important sights and public transport hubs (tram, ferry) within the (longer) walking distance. Info for the cat lovers: there are a few cats living in the hostel!

Everyone at the hostel was very helpful and friendly, and the cats were a great addition to my trip. Only a few minor complaints: wifi didn't reach all the way to the rooms (not too big a deal), and the shower looked like it needed a good cleaning (or some remodeling)... plus the walk up the hill to Taksim is rough, but it's kind of balanced out by being right by the tram.

The staff was very helpful friendly, which gives a great atmosphere to the place. Also it's clean, good wi-fi and delicious breakfast!

Everything was awesome. I really enjoyed my stay at Stray Cat, Snowflake rocks, the sweetest kitten in all of Istanbul. Go there for the atmosphere....stay for the kittens. Will visit again!!

• 16th Oct 2013