Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, super helpful and friendly staff and clean. I'd definitely stay here again!

Great staff that will sort out all the questions and concerns that you may have. They are very willing to do in depth planning or just provide the odd-tip, not because they are paid to do it but because they enjoy it!

The staff was extremely friendly. Some of the best I have ever met. Always willing to answer questions or give you tips on bars or locations to visit. Location was good and the breakfast was great! If you get bored you can watch the cats wrestle each other. Just don't eat tuna in front of them and expect them to leave you alone.

a good location with a super staff always trying to help everybody and are interesting people...a part of Istanbul! will be back for my next turkish travel :-)

Great atmosphere, thanx´s to Hamid what a LEGEND!! this guy will give you the best advice to enjoy this gem, perfect location.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely kittens... I'd like to stay at Straycat Hostel once again :))

We had a great time...

very nice and helpful staff and nice atmosphere!

• 1st Mar 2014

Very good location, clean and comfortable rooms, really cool staff! if you ask me what i liked the most, is the warm atmosphere and the kitties!!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Greece

Smells like cat but not a bad place to stay. Kittens added charm, keep em coming.

Great location in the real coolest part of the city also very close to ferry to asian side. Place was great, staff were mega helpful and clued up super friendly. If you coming to Istanbul 100% stay here. I miss hanging out with the cats - snowflake.

Very welcoming atmosphere and highly useful newcomers' info about Istanbul right when signing in. Room was clean and comfortable, and we marvelled at the custom-painted walls there and elsewhere in the hostel. Location is very close to Taksim square, but finding the right street can be difficult - Istanbul is rather labyrinthine and many streets lack proper name signs. It is wise to closely follow the instructions given by the hostel, and print a map too if possible.

The stray Cat is a cool hostel. It's very easy to connect with other travelers . The best part is indeed the friendliness of the staff, especially the two Persian fellows from Teheran. Tschüss! Amagi Patrick

I loved staying at stray cats! Super friendly professional and helpful staff, clean and cozy place, lots of cuddly cats around the house! I love cats, but maybe not a place if you're allergic. Will definitely stay here next time in istanbul. A lovely restful place for weary travellers!

Sorry, I am still travelling can't remember the name of the evening nice guy from hostel, very helpful helped me carried my luagage and get a fair taxi fare to Taksim, thank you very much.

Very good hostel, wish the kitchen was really a full kitchen, but ya can't have everything, I suppose! I'd go back.

The staff was great! BUT, if you don't love cats 100% then I wouldn't recommend staying here. I like cats, but don't love them so I probably wouldn't stay here again.

I definitely enjoyed my sojourn whilst in Istanbul. Stray Cat provided the refuge I was looking for. The staff was friendly and helpful in regards to navigating you around the City and any recommendations to help you along your way. The T1 tram is just a minutes walk and Istiklal st is ~15min stroll (up the steep hill). I was a solo traveler and found it easy to meet other fellow travelers here - I say this because not all Hostels provide such a welcoming vibe. Istanbul, Not Constantinople!

• 30th Dec 2013

Great hostel, cozy atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. Good location close to Taksim and public transport. And when you come back after visiting Istanbul, chill on the couch, meet other travelers, play with the kittens! I really enjoyed my stay here.

Best Hostel in Istanbul. I have been there before and will be back, thanks! Mark