Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent location in Istanbul, near to clubs and bars. The reception is perfect with very friendly staff always happy for helping you. I really recommend it!!!

This hostel is quite good, it's not the best, it's not the worse. Honestly, the staff makes the whole thing just great and there are real cats living in this hostel, that can be a dealbreaker.

This place has a great value for money. It is close to the tram station where you can reach most of the city attractions. Its also very close (though through a hilly path) to Taksim Square and Istaklan. The staff were really friendly.they gave me maps and good advice about the city. Yes, there are cats there but they stay most of the time at the reception, they are clean, healthy and adorable. Cons The toilets and shower rooms were tiny and might be cleaner.

I cannot fault this hostel and I have traveled alot. l. I can respond to some minor comments. Someone commented that there is not wifi on every floor. But this is changing now and who would want every one to sit in their rooms anyway? If you love cats, then you will love this hostel. It is a safe place for women and minorities because they discourage discrimination. If you want to get very drunk....or worse.... and come back at 6AM then this is NOT the place for you. Needs shower hooks,/racks

Dear Thank you for your feedback and nice words. Just to correct some small misleading sentence because of the typing error, we are a very social hostel, just not a hard party hostel . More low key chilling on the couch, playing with the kittens , sipping tea. Happy travels.

Nice place. Rooms are good. Staff are very friendly, location is fantastic. Good value. Will come back.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. I would like to thank Stray cat hostel for their great hospitality...!!! The owners were just amazing...!! My mother fell sick during our stay in Istanbul and Stray cat helped us a lot. We owe them big time... No problems at all with this hostel...!! excellent stay... The cats and kittens were wonderful as well... :) Thank you so much for everything stray cat....!! Double thumbs up...!!

I thought Stray Cat was great, it's a very friendly place with a nice atmosphere, a great breakfast and the location is perfect with quick access to the trams and ferry boats for getting around. I will stay here again :-)

• 17th Sep 2013

Cosy place, great friendly and super helpful staff! Plus they have kittens!

I enjoyed my stay here, the staff were great and really helpful with ideas and also helping me get to the airport when I was leaving. It's a funky hostel with lots of character. Has wifi but reception can be a bit hit and miss, especially the further you are from the front desk modem, generally ok in common area though. Rooms are clean and big, bathrooms are ok, not unclean just a bit old. It's good value for money and super convenient for the tram and walking to Taksim.

Great breakfast, including curds and yoghurt. However, I'd appreciate real Turkish coffee (not instant). I was in Istanbul for a weak (ECER 2013 CONFERENCE), and there also was only instant coffee...

Us 3 girls stayed at the sunshine suit and even though it was not luxurious, it was a good deal for the price. I especially liked the breakfast and the loung area downstairs with the cats that came around to say hello. Most of all the staff was really nice and helpful. they gave us the directions to their favorite bars and clubs und helped me a lot with all the trouble i got in because of rebooking my flight. they also organised a day trip to the beach outside of istanbul for a couple of people.

• 8th Sep 2013

Great hostel with a very nice staff. I enjoyed my time!

Staff incredibly friendly and helpful, air conditioning is a huge advantage, and the location is ideal. Cats are great too! Thank you v much

The absolute nicest staff I have ever met in a hostel who were always eager to help you and chat with you. Very nice atmosphere and super good location in the most interesting neighboorhood of Istanbul.

Great, great staff! Really friendly, cool and helpful. We were given good advice about where to go and how to get there. Breakfast is pretty good, too.

Staff is super nice and very helpful/knowledgeable. Breakfast is better than breakfast at most hostels I've stayed at.

• 5th Aug 2013

I will stay in this hostel if I come to Istanbul again.

The bathroom are not confortable.

Dear, Thank you for your nice feelings about staff, atmosphere and cleanliness of the hostel, you have booked a bed in mixed dormitory room , next to the room there are separated shower and restroom that are used just by this dormitory , the shower is small and practical. Comfort of this shower is a little question as you noticed it is small. Suitable and decent for a young traveler or backpacker . Thank you for your feedback , we wish you happy new travels and new beginnings.

staff are super nice, they are all very kind and friendly, who are willing to provide information as much as they can for us, for the place, it is full of style and comfortable, we love the atmosphere very much. Meanwhile, cats there made our stay warmer and more unforgettable, thanks for the sweet memory. highly recommend, especially cat lovers ;)

The owner of the hostel Sadar goes above and beyond to accommodate his guests. Rooms were very generously sized and clean, whereas the bathrooms needed a bit of a facelift. The breakfast was really good, and one of the staff even cooked our eggs seperately because we said we liked them runnier. The location is in a safe area with a convenience store across the road, there's just a fairly steep hill to walk up to reach iskimal street. We will definitely come back. Thanks Sadar :-) Cyn

• 4th Jul 2013