Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Wonderful atmosphere with nice people... and kittens! The neighborhood is great - right in between Taksim Square and the tram toward Sultanahmet - and the staff are really cool and helpful. The cats stay downstairs and somehow they keep the place really clean. Stray Cat is overall one of the best hostels I've been to and I would stay there again.

Well the best part about this hostel is the tribe of cats that live there. It's also really well-decorated. The neighborhood is cool and very close to Taksim but a ways from the older, more touristy parts of Istanbul. Kind of a bohemian vibe going on here.

Super chill hostel; the cats/kittens are a great addition. Upgraded for free to a private rooms with my friends and had a nice bathroom next to our room. There were always cool people hanging the lobby - enjoyed playing backgammon and talking with the staff about what we should do in Istanbul. Kitchen is kind of odd because it is open to the outdoors. Convenient store across the street was great, best baklava ever right down the street. Not a big party atmosphere but always some chill drinkers.

AMAZING HOSTEL. The staff was so kind and helpful. The breakfast was really great. They have 3 kittens that are THE BEST. At first, we were thrown off by the location but it's close to a metro and the main bar street which was great. It's definitely not a party hostel, but you can go out for that. We ended up just chilling in the hostel for two nights. The vibe there was great with the cats and tea and backgammon and books. If you're looking for a hip, chill hostel...this is your place to stay.

Great place! Great staff! Great cats! One of the best hostels we've ever been! :) Come to Stray Cat and fully enjoy the magic of Istanbul :)

It's a good value-for-money hostel, with all important sights and public transport hubs (tram, ferry) within the (longer) walking distance. Info for the cat lovers: there are a few cats living in the hostel!

Everyone at the hostel was very helpful and friendly, and the cats were a great addition to my trip. Only a few minor complaints: wifi didn't reach all the way to the rooms (not too big a deal), and the shower looked like it needed a good cleaning (or some remodeling)... plus the walk up the hill to Taksim is rough, but it's kind of balanced out by being right by the tram.

The staff was very helpful friendly, which gives a great atmosphere to the place. Also it's clean, good wi-fi and delicious breakfast!

Everything was awesome. I really enjoyed my stay at Stray Cat, Snowflake rocks, the sweetest kitten in all of Istanbul. Go there for the atmosphere....stay for the kittens. Will visit again!!

• 16th Oct 2013

Excellent location in Istanbul, near to clubs and bars. The reception is perfect with very friendly staff always happy for helping you. I really recommend it!!!

This hostel is quite good, it's not the best, it's not the worse. Honestly, the staff makes the whole thing just great and there are real cats living in this hostel, that can be a dealbreaker.

This place has a great value for money. It is close to the tram station where you can reach most of the city attractions. Its also very close (though through a hilly path) to Taksim Square and Istaklan. The staff were really friendly.they gave me maps and good advice about the city. Yes, there are cats there but they stay most of the time at the reception, they are clean, healthy and adorable. Cons The toilets and shower rooms were tiny and might be cleaner.

I cannot fault this hostel and I have traveled alot. l. I can respond to some minor comments. Someone commented that there is not wifi on every floor. But this is changing now and who would want every one to sit in their rooms anyway? If you love cats, then you will love this hostel. It is a safe place for women and minorities because they discourage discrimination. If you want to get very drunk....or worse.... and come back at 6AM then this is NOT the place for you. Needs shower hooks,/racks

Dear Thank you for your feedback and nice words. Just to correct some small misleading sentence because of the typing error, we are a very social hostel, just not a hard party hostel . More low key chilling on the couch, playing with the kittens , sipping tea. Happy travels.

Nice place. Rooms are good. Staff are very friendly, location is fantastic. Good value. Will come back.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. I would like to thank Stray cat hostel for their great hospitality...!!! The owners were just amazing...!! My mother fell sick during our stay in Istanbul and Stray cat helped us a lot. We owe them big time... No problems at all with this hostel...!! excellent stay... The cats and kittens were wonderful as well... :) Thank you so much for everything stray cat....!! Double thumbs up...!!

I thought Stray Cat was great, it's a very friendly place with a nice atmosphere, a great breakfast and the location is perfect with quick access to the trams and ferry boats for getting around. I will stay here again :-)

• 17th Sep 2013

Cosy place, great friendly and super helpful staff! Plus they have kittens!

I enjoyed my stay here, the staff were great and really helpful with ideas and also helping me get to the airport when I was leaving. It's a funky hostel with lots of character. Has wifi but reception can be a bit hit and miss, especially the further you are from the front desk modem, generally ok in common area though. Rooms are clean and big, bathrooms are ok, not unclean just a bit old. It's good value for money and super convenient for the tram and walking to Taksim.

Great breakfast, including curds and yoghurt. However, I'd appreciate real Turkish coffee (not instant). I was in Istanbul for a weak (ECER 2013 CONFERENCE), and there also was only instant coffee...

Us 3 girls stayed at the sunshine suit and even though it was not luxurious, it was a good deal for the price. I especially liked the breakfast and the loung area downstairs with the cats that came around to say hello. Most of all the staff was really nice and helpful. they gave us the directions to their favorite bars and clubs und helped me a lot with all the trouble i got in because of rebooking my flight. they also organised a day trip to the beach outside of istanbul for a couple of people.

• 8th Sep 2013