Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

a good location with a super staff always trying to help everybody and are interesting people...a part of Istanbul! will be back for my next turkish travel :-)

Great atmosphere, thanx´s to Hamid what a LEGEND!! this guy will give you the best advice to enjoy this gem, perfect location.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely kittens... I'd like to stay at Straycat Hostel once again :))

We had a great time...

very nice and helpful staff and nice atmosphere!

• 1st Mar 2014

Very good location, clean and comfortable rooms, really cool staff! if you ask me what i liked the most, is the warm atmosphere and the kitties!!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Greece

Smells like cat but not a bad place to stay. Kittens added charm, keep em coming.

Great location in the real coolest part of the city also very close to ferry to asian side. Place was great, staff were mega helpful and clued up super friendly. If you coming to Istanbul 100% stay here. I miss hanging out with the cats - snowflake.

Very welcoming atmosphere and highly useful newcomers' info about Istanbul right when signing in. Room was clean and comfortable, and we marvelled at the custom-painted walls there and elsewhere in the hostel. Location is very close to Taksim square, but finding the right street can be difficult - Istanbul is rather labyrinthine and many streets lack proper name signs. It is wise to closely follow the instructions given by the hostel, and print a map too if possible.

The stray Cat is a cool hostel. It's very easy to connect with other travelers . The best part is indeed the friendliness of the staff, especially the two Persian fellows from Teheran. Tschüss! Amagi Patrick

I loved staying at stray cats! Super friendly professional and helpful staff, clean and cozy place, lots of cuddly cats around the house! I love cats, but maybe not a place if you're allergic. Will definitely stay here next time in istanbul. A lovely restful place for weary travellers!

Sorry, I am still travelling can't remember the name of the evening nice guy from hostel, very helpful helped me carried my luagage and get a fair taxi fare to Taksim, thank you very much.

Very good hostel, wish the kitchen was really a full kitchen, but ya can't have everything, I suppose! I'd go back.

The staff was great! BUT, if you don't love cats 100% then I wouldn't recommend staying here. I like cats, but don't love them so I probably wouldn't stay here again.

I definitely enjoyed my sojourn whilst in Istanbul. Stray Cat provided the refuge I was looking for. The staff was friendly and helpful in regards to navigating you around the City and any recommendations to help you along your way. The T1 tram is just a minutes walk and Istiklal st is ~15min stroll (up the steep hill). I was a solo traveler and found it easy to meet other fellow travelers here - I say this because not all Hostels provide such a welcoming vibe. Istanbul, Not Constantinople!

• 30th Dec 2013

Great hostel, cozy atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. Good location close to Taksim and public transport. And when you come back after visiting Istanbul, chill on the couch, meet other travelers, play with the kittens! I really enjoyed my stay here.

Best Hostel in Istanbul. I have been there before and will be back, thanks! Mark

Wonderful atmosphere with nice people... and kittens! The neighborhood is great - right in between Taksim Square and the tram toward Sultanahmet - and the staff are really cool and helpful. The cats stay downstairs and somehow they keep the place really clean. Stray Cat is overall one of the best hostels I've been to and I would stay there again.

Super chill hostel; the cats/kittens are a great addition. Upgraded for free to a private rooms with my friends and had a nice bathroom next to our room. There were always cool people hanging the lobby - enjoyed playing backgammon and talking with the staff about what we should do in Istanbul. Kitchen is kind of odd because it is open to the outdoors. Convenient store across the street was great, best baklava ever right down the street. Not a big party atmosphere but always some chill drinkers.

AMAZING HOSTEL. The staff was so kind and helpful. The breakfast was really great. They have 3 kittens that are THE BEST. At first, we were thrown off by the location but it's close to a metro and the main bar street which was great. It's definitely not a party hostel, but you can go out for that. We ended up just chilling in the hostel for two nights. The vibe there was great with the cats and tea and backgammon and books. If you're looking for a hip, chill hostel...this is your place to stay.