Stray Cat Hostel Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 35, Findikli Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really helpful and gave great advice on what to do and see around the city. The atmosphere of the hostel is also really nice, fairly relaxed and chilled out which makes it easy to meet others. I would just say that in terms of walking to the hostel on arrival with all your luggage it might be a little tough, due to the hill. So it might be worthwhile considering other options. Otherwise and awesome place to stay!

Thank you for this nice feedback. It is a pleasure to know you liked the relaxed athmosphere and help of staff during your stay. Happy and safe travels.

Really enjoyed my stay, the staff went out of their way to help me with certain problem I've had and I got to meet a lot of awesome people which is always the most important thing in a hostel think.

• 7th Aug 2015

Happy to know you enjoyed your time in Istanbul with us. Thank you for all nice words. Happy new travels.

One of the nicest hostels we have stayed at! The staff is very friendly, helpful and gives you tips on the sights to see and local life. The location is good – near to a port, the Taksim square and only a couple of tram stops away from the Old Town. And of the course – the kittens made the stay perfect in Istanbul. We would deffinitely come back to Stray Cat and recomend this place to any traveller.

Thank you very much for this nice feedback. It was nice to have you and your friend here. Thanks for your nice words for location, staff, vibe and especially for the kittens. Happy new travels.

The staff here are amazing and always help you a lot. Not as many cats as I thought there would be, only 1 or 2 maximum.

It was a pleasure to have you and your friend here. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and for the nice words, a special thanks for mentioning about kittens. We wish to see you again for your next Istanbul visit.

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff is friendly, helpful, and work to create a friendly and comfortable environment. Travelling alone as a Muslim woman, I felt like I was hanging out with friends at Stray Cat. They genuinely mean their anti-discrimination policy, and I felt very comfortable. They also have cats (and kittens!) who are lovely and cuddle up with you when you're hanging out with a cup of tea in the common space. 4/5 stars for the somewhat small kitchen.

It is our pleasure to accomodate you here. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Istanbul with us. Special thanks for metioning about our kittens. Happy and safe new travels.

amazing staff they so nice so cooperative i loved the place the area its perfect they where so helpful we had the check out n the last day at 12 but that day me and my friend we where out all night we get back 11.30 and they asked us u didn't come back or sleep we said no i asked for late check out they said the guest will get the room at 4 so its yours till that time this kind of service you cant find it anywhere so nice i really appreciated and they kept giving us advice's where to go

It was great to have you and your friend here. It is a pleasure to know you liked Istanbul and your stay at Stray Cat Hostel. Happy new travels.

We couldnt have had a better place to stay in Istanbul. The staff were really friendly and helpful any time of the day. We highly recommend Stray Cat Hostel. Big love from M and B.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Norway

Thanks for very nice feedback. We were happy to have you and your friend. Happy and safe new travels.

I was there with my sister and our stay was just wonderful! we wish we could have stayed longer! The location is perfect, the staff is perfect and the cats are perfect! I will recommend it to anybody going to Istanbul. We were warmly welcomed and even had breakfast, they told us about the city and tips to go around, the room was perfectly prepared for us. At night the atmosphere is great to hang around and we were always well welcomed back everyday! No negative comments! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Mauritius

It was nice to accomodate you here, we are thankful for your nice feedback. It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed our staff , vibe and special thanks for mentioning about the kittens. Happy to know we are going to be your choice again in your next Istanbul visit. Happy and safe travels..

Muy buen hostal, la gente muy atenta, siempre dispuesta a ayudar, se llega fácil con el tranvía.

Loved the straycat! Made some great friends. It was nice and central and easy to get around, although there is that hill..but still totally worth it. And there are kittens there right now who are so sweet and cuddly! Everyone on staff was incredibly helpful and cool. I painted something on the wall for a free night so if you have an artistic flare I totes recommend it. Just super chill all around

• 18th Jun 2015

Thank you for all nice words and for the nice mural on the wall. we enjoy to know you had a nice time here. Happy and safe new travels.

Great hostel, would certainly recommend. Real homely feel, met some great fellow travellers and the staff and very friendly and genuinely helpful. The small kittens running around the place also made it even better. Would come back for sure.

Thanks for your nice words about our vibe, staff and especially kittens. Happy to know we are going to be your choice next time in Istanbul again. Happy and safe travels.

I loved everything about this hostel! The staff was incredibly helpful and informative of places to do and eat around the city. I loved the collected artwork from previous guests adding to the eclectic and easy going nature of the hostel. I loved the downstairs common room area as it was a prime place to read, use wi-fi or meet up with other guests. And the cats were definitely an added bonus! I would recommend Stray Cat to anyone visiting Istanbul.

Thank you very much for all these nice words. We enjoy to know your holiday in Istanbul was a memorable one in Stray Cat Hostel. Special thanks for mentioning about kittens . Happy new travels.

I spent three days at this hostel and very much enjoyed it. Great location, lovely interiors, really friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast. Would love to stay there again!

Thanks for your nice words. We are happy to know you liked your stay with us in Istanbul. Happy new travels.

Great hostel in central and cool area of Istanbul. Close to Bosporus, just a quick walk downhill and up the hill you're at Taksim square and shopping area. Great people in the international staff that helped us to discover the great and also alternative spots in the city! Super cute kitties around. Wishing all the best for little tomcat Pasa to grow big and strong! Nice breakfast, renovated bathrooms, private twin room was fine!

• 12th Jun 2015

We thank you a lot for your nice feedback. Thanks especially for your nice wishes for kitty Pasa, happuy to know you enjoyed our breakfast , rooms and vibe. Happy and safe new travels.

It was a good choice. When looking for a play to stay in Istanbul, I had several options, but I'm glad I chose this place. The staff and owner when above and beyond to make every guest feel welcomed and at home. I stay at the Stray Cat Hostel for 5 nights and within that time I saw them do everything they could to help the common traveller. Great atmosphere and great place.

• 12th Jun 2015

This is a very nice feedback , we thank you for your all nice words. Happy new travels.

地理位置算好.对于一个人旅行来说还不错.但是房子隔音一般设施能满足基本需求但是相对比较简陋.青旅的人蛮负责的问什么都能回答.但是感觉少点什么

Supernettes Personal. Hab da so manch neuen Freund gefunden. Haben sehr viel Informationen bekommen. Lage ist klasse, alles schbell erreichbar.

• 24th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

A lovely bohemian place with super friendly staff where it's easy to meet people since there is a very welcoming lounge area. Located in Beyoglu, between Taksim Square and the Bosphorus. You do have to like cats though as it's not only in the name, there are cats around!

Thanks a lot for this nice feedback, it is a pleasure to hear you liked our vibe and enjoyed your stay in Stray Cat Hostel, sure a special thanks for mentioning about the kittens in the lounge area. Happy new travels.

I was made very welcome by the staff and introduced to all the different places that I could visit, how to get there and when they were open. I loved the atmosphere and there is plenty of space in the dorm that I was in. My friend who was starting a tour of turkey was quite envious even though she was booked into a very upmarket hotel!

Thank you for your nice feedback, it is a pleasure for us to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy to know we are going to your choice for your next Istanbul visit. Happy and safe travels.

We stayed at Stray Cat Hostel for five nights with 12 students in three 4-bed-rooms. The Staff is very friendly and always ready to help. Breakfast is simple. Matresses could be better but are okay. When staying at this hostel you should like cats and not be allergic as they are often staying in the lounge/dining room. All in all we liked our stay and the beautiful and creative designs of the rooms.

• 17th May 2015

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to know you liked the paintings in rooms and common areas, and special thanks for menitioning about the kittens. Happy new travels.