Street Backpackers Hostel Reviews

43 Ly Quoc Su Street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Friendly staff and very helpful. I had dinner with the family and tried dog for the first time. It's a good hostel to experience the Vietnamese culture.

• 7th Apr 2014

Leo and the other staff were great with sorting travel and trips out for us and sorted out problems with our bus tickets for us even when we had moved on from Hanoi. The rooms were clean and comfortable, a good place to stay!

Very cheap, very clean, very well run, and perfect location. The couple that run the hostel and their family are great. Lio can take you out to eat Vietnamese delicacies such as dog and snake, which I definitely recommend doing. I got robbed in Hanoi, but Lio and his wife were very helpful and wrote down what happened for me in Vietnamese to take to the police station, and then even gave me a free ride to where I needed to catch a train for my Sapa tour later. Best hostel I stayed at in Vietnam.

I stayed there for four nights, the owners are really nice and helpfull. Breakfast is fried eggs with baguette and pièces offre tomato, cucumber, pineapple. I would only addiction that it would be good If they could give a protection for the pillow.

Hanna and the rest of the staff were really nice and helpful with everything, giving information, booking tickets, etc (and thanks again for helping me after my bag was stolen in Hanoi, I really appreciate it!) And the common area is cool to meet other travellers, too. Thanks and 'til next time!

Great area close to everything you need. The staff are really helpful and answer any questions you have. The only thig I had an issue with was that we stayed in a 10 bed dorm for 4 nights and the whole time we stayed not one of the beds got changed. They left the same sheets on for each new guest, I slept in a sleeping bag so it didn't matter to me, but I think it needs mentioning.

The common area is a bit small but it's a good place to meet new people. Leo from the reception is very helpful, sometimes his wife cooks for everybody and it's really delicious!!For the money you pay it's a good hostel. But take care, the hostel is often over booked. it seems to happen quit regularly. When we returned from our halong bay tour our previously booked beds were already taken by others. :-( They have a 2nd hostel nearby (funky monkey) and bring all double bookings to that place.

We arrived in the hostel late at night to find out that 2 people got sick and weren't checked out yet. We were coming from a long trip so we wanted to sleep which wasn't possible. The owner was really friendly though and accommodated us in another hotel in the same street for the price of the hostel. We didn't see much of the hostel, just the entrance which is in a narrow street and the reception was in a small hall which is the common area as far as we've seen.

Fine for the price...except the pillow cases

The hosts are very accommodating. The atmosphere there is very cozy and you have an opportunity to bond with fellow backpackers. There are free beers!! Awesome! It was my first time to stay in a hostel, and I'm just glad my friend recommended this site and Streetbackers' hostel for my first Hostel experience. :)

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

A very nice place that is very close to restaurant's and the lake.

• 4th Mar 2014

Worst place I stayed so far! Very basic equipped, that's fine with me, especially for that money. But the bathroom wasn't cleaned once in three days I stayed there. One day I came in the room and two vietnamese guys were laying in my bed. It turned out they were friends of the owner and use to have a nap in one of the hostle beds. Seriously?! Stayed somewhere else when I returned to Hanoi.

Very nice hostel!! The owners are really nice people very friendly and helpful.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

Worst hostel I've stayed in SEA so far. Had to sleep on a mattress on the floor on my first day because my bed was doublebooked, staff couldn't speak any english besides the words "my friend", the bathroom was disgusting, they ran out of toilet paper twice during my 3 day stay, I was charged $30 by them for a day-trip to halong bay while some people I met there payed $23, the breakfast plates were clearly dirty and I don't think he has ever washed the pan he uses to fry the eggs

Stayed in this hostel for 4 nights and really loved it. The staff are honest and always want to help you in any way they can. It is located in the best part of the city right near the Lake and has many great shops and restaurants nearby. It is also a great place to meet people, there are many travellers that come through and every night we always have good times sharing stories with the staff. I even came back to Hanoi and stayed here because I loved it so much! I highly recommend this place.

For service, definitely the best hostel I've visited during many months of travelling SE Asia. Leo and Hana are wonderful hosts, & the most genuine folks you'll find working in the tourist industry, guaranteed! They are friendly, honest, attentive and take pride in offering guests the best budget tours in Hanoi- I booked both my Sapa and Halong Bay trips through them and was very happy (& definitely paid the least in both groups!) Hostel itself is safe, cosy beds, free breakfast- a total winner.

Amazing place to stay at. The owner and his family were extremely nice and helpful throughout my stay. It's located 30 seconds from the cathedral and about 3-5 mins from where the airport shuttle bus drops you off. The owner did a good job in ensuring that everything was fine and helped arrange a tour to halong bay. On the last night he even bumped me up to his brothers hotel as he had overbooked at his dorm room. they even offer free beer between 7-8?

Good hostel, human size, great location, breakfast included. Half of the staff is nice, the other half is less; but all of them will help you. Negative point: I arrived very early in the morning as I wrote online for the booking, and I had to wait hours until a bed turned unoccupied... Anyway, I stayed a coupled of nights because the price is unbeatable in Hanoi for all what they offer. I recommend it and will stay there next time for sure!

just AWESOME.. Free breakfast and local beer.. Staff very friendly and helpfull... Amazing place to be

The dorms are pretty tight packed and with 10 in a room really need a few fans or air con, as one window in humid hanoi doesnt help. the beds are really uncomfortable the mattresses are split into 3 so have a few gaps and lumps in them. the family are really nice, shame hostel isn't so good compared to another place stayed in in hanoi for same price. excellent location though.