Street Backpackers Hostel Reviews

43 Ly Quoc Su Street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I definitely suggest this place, cheap, have fun, shareroom with travelers, so if you are a travelers who need a cheap and a good way to enjoy, this is your place ;)

• 23rd Aug 2014

Hostel is run by two children who I don't think I saw sleep in the entire 3 days I was there. They never even got changed, it was strange. No security. Rooms don't look like the pictures but they're fine. No atmosphere. 1 bathroom between 10 people isn't good enough

I stayed there 3 nights and during that time the only staff that was there was two kids, probably the children of the owners. Overall I liked the hostel, but seeing the 13 year old girl get up to make breakfast for me made feel bad. I'm mostly mentioning it if the owners read this! I think it's a bit irresponsible, isn't it? Rooms are fine, location excellent. Expect it to be a budget hostel in Asia and you won't be disappointed.

Great location, in a small street right in the city center - makes it central and very quite at the same time. Helpful staff even though their English is poor. No common areas: looks more like a hotel than a hostel as far as atmosphere is concerned. Cheap ($4 per night, when price market is around $5).

The included breakfast was fried rice, it wasn't good. The rooms were fine and fairly clean.

The woman that runs it is excellent, but she has her younger, very immature, brother working there too and he's worthless. The rooms and bathroom are clean. There is little water pressure. Breakfast is decent and it's centralized.

Hostel staff is very friendly and helpful. Facilities, rooms, and beds are average. But for the price you pay, with a good location, and breakfast included... -it's a great value! Tour prices on par with other agencies.

Thanks Hannah, especially for the manicure! :) Cheers from France! Camille

• 24th Jul 2014

Nice clean room, good bunch of backpackers staying there and seemed people moved form other hostels to come here if staying in hanoi. reception give you good travel prices and look after you.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Nothing special, but no complaints - pretty great for the money you pay! It's right in the centre of everything, dorms and bathrooms are clean and come with sufficient plug sockets and wifi. The free breakfast is basic but good. Just don't do your laundry with them - it's half the price round the corner, and they lose things!

we had a great stay at Street Backpackers; Hannah was so welcoming and friendly, and went out of her way to help with anything we asked. the location is in the Old Quarter; perfectly situated, with banks, stores, and the perfect sandwich lady nearby. would totally reccomend staying here, and we will definitely stay here again!

I've originally booked one day in this hostel but ended up staying for a week. Despite the cheap price the hostel has a good AC, WIFI and I was surprised they also offer free breakfast!

This hostel was our best pick from the trip, the cheapest, cleanest and most helpful staff. For 4dollars a night we felt like home and had a breakfast included !! Anna was very nice and helped us with everything (booking bus and even kindly double cleaning for free our very dirty clothes from sapa and giving us the number of a good person for a manucure !). Of course don't expect a 4 stars big room and a buffet breakfast but it's clean, nice atmosphere in this family hostel with only 2 dorms.

• 15th Jul 2014

Grand place, booked 9 bed dorm, they have us a ten bed. Could do with cleaning the bathrooms a bit more, never seemed to put toilet paper in there! Felt staff were pushy about tours and if you didn't book with them they were a bit annoyed with you. We just wanted to do our own thing and I don't think they liked that.

Wonderful place to stay, no complaints whatsoever! Very friendly family running it, well located and an extremely sociable atmosphere in the dorm rooms. I would definitely stay there again and have highly recommended it to many people. Stay there! Yaaay!

Good value for money, helpful staff and you can't forget the free beer! In a great location but a bit tricky to find so make sure you look out for the sign!

Great staff and so helpful with helping me sort out getting my indian visa. Had free dinner and beer with Leo's family which was amazing. I will definitely come back.

• 27th May 2014

Lio is great, knows what he sells and is very friendly. The rest of the staff does not really seem to know what they're doing...

The staff was kind and accommodating, they allowed us to leave our luggage since we had a late flight. There was free breakfast everyday, so you really get a great value for your money. It was all in all a pleasant stay.

• 24th May 2014
  • Philippines

I had an amazing stay at streetbackackers. Leo and his cousins are awesome. I stayed there for to weeks, but I could easily stay another two. For $5 including free breakfast and free beer during the happy hour is great. The local tour to his parents house is great, you get to drink and eat with friends and family of Leo, just great! I would stay here again for sure!

• 15th May 2014