Street Backpackers Hostel Reviews

43 Ly Quoc Su Street, Hoankiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I've originally booked one day in this hostel but ended up staying for a week. Despite the cheap price the hostel has a good AC, WIFI and I was surprised they also offer free breakfast!

This hostel was our best pick from the trip, the cheapest, cleanest and most helpful staff. For 4dollars a night we felt like home and had a breakfast included !! Anna was very nice and helped us with everything (booking bus and even kindly double cleaning for free our very dirty clothes from sapa and giving us the number of a good person for a manucure !). Of course don't expect a 4 stars big room and a buffet breakfast but it's clean, nice atmosphere in this family hostel with only 2 dorms.

• 15th Jul 2014

Grand place, booked 9 bed dorm, they have us a ten bed. Could do with cleaning the bathrooms a bit more, never seemed to put toilet paper in there! Felt staff were pushy about tours and if you didn't book with them they were a bit annoyed with you. We just wanted to do our own thing and I don't think they liked that.

Wonderful place to stay, no complaints whatsoever! Very friendly family running it, well located and an extremely sociable atmosphere in the dorm rooms. I would definitely stay there again and have highly recommended it to many people. Stay there! Yaaay!

Good value for money, helpful staff and you can't forget the free beer! In a great location but a bit tricky to find so make sure you look out for the sign!

Great staff and so helpful with helping me sort out getting my indian visa. Had free dinner and beer with Leo's family which was amazing. I will definitely come back.

• 27th May 2014

Lio is great, knows what he sells and is very friendly. The rest of the staff does not really seem to know what they're doing...

The staff was kind and accommodating, they allowed us to leave our luggage since we had a late flight. There was free breakfast everyday, so you really get a great value for your money. It was all in all a pleasant stay.

• 24th May 2014
  • Philippines

I had an amazing stay at streetbackackers. Leo and his cousins are awesome. I stayed there for to weeks, but I could easily stay another two. For $5 including free breakfast and free beer during the happy hour is great. The local tour to his parents house is great, you get to drink and eat with friends and family of Leo, just great! I would stay here again for sure!

• 15th May 2014
  • benbreek

Brilliant hostel - the free breakfast and free beer in happy hour was a great plus. We booked a halong bay trip with this hostel and we definitely got the best deal compared to rest of the tourists on the boat.

It was plainly dirty, smelly and ridiculous. There were beer cans and old discarded bongs on the floor. The staff showed us our beds which were covered in clothes? When we asked if someone was sleeping in them they assured us it was fine and that they were in a different room. 30 minutes after falling asleep we were woken up by two understandably angry men whose beds we were in. The staff had scraped all their belongings under the bed without telling them. We left first thing in the morning.

The staff wasn't attentive at all, seem unorganised. Rooms were disgusting and smelly, as was the stairway. After a long trip I was looking for a nice and peaceful place but I was disappointed. Blankets didn't smell clean either. Left before breakfast, this was the worst hostel in 2 months of Asia.

• 7th May 2014

we just would like to explain to your review complain:we could guarantee that all of the room are very clean and no smelly as u say,just as much their luggage,you should think before commenting not good for the hotel ,many people have commented good for us because they like us, we are friendly and bring the best to you,you should think again because mistakes commented, Warm Regards,leo

Excellent hostel with a great location just a few step to St.Joseph cathedral and a few minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. Also, hostel staff were very friendly. Free beer hour is the very good opportunity for all guests to sit around and shared their travel experience.

My favourite hostel so far in Vietnam. The owners/staff here are so helpful and nice. They helped me with booking great tours and it was easy to meet people here, especially during their happy hour! I went on the Hung Yen province tour and had a great time. Would definitely book again!

Leo was great!! Plus he has this tour available where you get to live with his in-laws and participate in an authentic rural Vietnamese experience. Which includes playing volleyball with the locals, watching cock fighting, going to the market to pick up a live chicken for dinner, and shrimp for lunch. Breakfast at the local restaurant, traditional style with Rice Wine! And more!!! It was well worth it! I loved the 4 days that I had there and am definitely keen on going back to visit again!

Had a great stay here. (Ads are misleading, as there is no hot tub, book exchange, or bicycle hire.) There is AMAZING wifi (all floors), a nice (other than owner, not great with effectively answering questions, but very nice) family staff, and tour operations available. Breakfast was nice (didn't expect to be served breakfast!) and maps were great. Clean and good value. Blankets being included is always nice! Quiet vibe. They let me store my bags, which was great!!

Stayed here for two nights, was very easy to find on the map. Excellent location to all of the sites, only a 15 minute walk to the Ho Chi Minh Museum and the lake is literally round the corner. The dorm itself was very spacious and was nice and cool due to the air conditioning. Get free breakfast in the morning and free beer between 8-9pm. The staff were very helpful and offered us a good rate for the halong bay tour, which we enjoyed very much. good value for money so would stay again

Friendly staff and very helpful. I had dinner with the family and tried dog for the first time. It's a good hostel to experience the Vietnamese culture.

• 7th Apr 2014

Leo and the other staff were great with sorting travel and trips out for us and sorted out problems with our bus tickets for us even when we had moved on from Hanoi. The rooms were clean and comfortable, a good place to stay!

Very cheap, very clean, very well run, and perfect location. The couple that run the hostel and their family are great. Lio can take you out to eat Vietnamese delicacies such as dog and snake, which I definitely recommend doing. I got robbed in Hanoi, but Lio and his wife were very helpful and wrote down what happened for me in Vietnamese to take to the police station, and then even gave me a free ride to where I needed to catch a train for my Sapa tour later. Best hostel I stayed at in Vietnam.