Street Backpackers Hostel Reviews

01 Ngo Huyen, Hanoi, Vietnam

There were no lockers in the dorm. No free beer. 1 Pc, very old and slow. The walls were dirty. The toilet/shower were very dirty. The owner tried to charge us 18 dollars more per person for a tour to Halong Bay. When we told her we booked it with another company (Rose Travel Agency - who were excellent and offered us a cheaper dorm room too) she told us she was very unhappy with us and refused to talk to us for the rest of our time there. It was like dealing with a moody 5 year old child. AVOID

The hostel was quite dirty, especially the bathroom, everything was falling a part. The stuff wasn't kind at all. It is very cheap but I think it's better to pay a few dollars more and stay elsewhere.

Very nice and helpfull staff.

After one night they were overbooked, so I must sleep at a matrass on the floor. I booked a room for 6 persons, but they put two matrasses on the floor so that there were eight persons. When I say that I don't payed for sleeping on the floor, they brought me to an other hostel. I had payed for breakfast but in the other hostel I didn't get it, because they say that street bacpackers hostel don't pay that to them. I also booked trips. All other persons on the trip pay less than I did.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very moist, air-con doesn't work in 4 bed dorm, and theirs no fan. Okay breakfast, 1 egg and bread. Great location. Probably wouldn't stay again.

I had a very good time staying at this hostel and would recommend it to anyone that finds themselves in Hanoi. Not only does it have a great location in the middle of the city, but it is also the cheapest room in town at just $3 a night. The family that owns the guesthouse was extremely friendly and generous with their invitations to join in on their family lunches and dinners. I was able to book a trip to Halong Bay out of the guesthouse as well as sell my Honda Win to the owner. Stay There!

• 25th Jun 2015