Struy Guest House Reviews

109 Ballifeary Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

I stayed here for three nights. On the second night when downstairs in the dining room I recieved 50 bites(and I'm not exaggerating). They looked like mosquito bites but I did not see any Mosquitos.. The lady was lovely and sprayed our room with insect spray, even though most of the bites where from down stairs in the common area. I still have no idea what bit me but it's been a few weeks and I still have dark marks where the bites were and I didn't hear anything else from the people there.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Simple and cheap way to stay a night in Inverness. Thanks a lot!

• 29th Aug 2014

I had an unfortunate experience at the Struy Guest House. Upon my arrival, some hygienic concerns were raised by a present guest - the validity of which I cannot attest to - but they were of a nature that I was not willing to risk sticking around; we sought other accommodations immediately. My disappointment is that the owner proceeded to charge me for the night, noting that he expected me to waste time and resources while the issues were investigated, which I think is an unreasonable burden.

Hostel comfortable but the furniture so old and bad distributed.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I booked a "private room" onstead of a dormitory. So the "private room" was actually a camper (Im not joking!) on the backside of the house! Luckily we had to stay there only 1 night.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

The location was alright, although a bit out of the way. This never-the-less ensured that it was quiet. The place that I was sleeping was a "caravan," the sort of camper that one attaches to the back of a car. The lock was therefore not particularly beefy, and I found myself coming up with strategies in case someone broke in at night. However the way it's parked by the wall, behind, and with a motion-sensor light nearby does help. Shared bathroom inside house. The caravan itself was atmospheric.

Loved the caravan especially as I arrived just as it started to pour with rain. It was so cosy inside with the rain hammering on the roof! Nice big bathroom in the main house with a great shower. Location is a wee bit out of town if you are walking but worth the walk to stay in a caravan! Perhaps if the dining room could be set up for breakfast later in the evening, it would make it a bit easier for people having food in there. Seemed strange to be messing up the tidy tables.

The Spanish guy who welcomed us was helpful and gave good tips for the city. Room facilites are ok, bathroom as well. Just 1 nigth, no complains.

Nice stay. We ended up buying the breakfast as well as it cost just a bit more than a cup of coffee in a cafe...and cafes in Scotland open later for most part than we were used to in the States and we WEREN'T going to a fast food place. They also had a fridge for guests in dining room so we could store our sandwich things in there overnight. Handy

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

There was some mold on the curtains. Other than that it was clean enough for me.

1: they woke me up at 1130pm banging on my door. When I checked in at 5pm the day before I offered to pay in card, they preferred cash. The next morning I got cash and no one was there to collect money, no one was there at 2pm or 9pm either. I texted to see if someone would be there the next morning when I was cheching out and they didn't answer. And then they just bang on my door that night at 1130. 2- when there not there they leave keys taped inside the first door which is open. NOT SAFE

We had the only four bed dorm with no sink, there was only two toilets and one shower in the whole hostel, our room was right by the door and was very noisy, could hear everything. The beds were fine but the room could do with a mirror!!

The hostel was really nice, the only problem was a drunk guy entering the shared 4 beds room at 03:00 and nobody takes care about it. It is the only aspect it should be improved. In general terms very very good

• 31st May 2014
  • Spain

It's on the Great Glen Way, good location for walking hiking or city sightseeing. Staff is very sweet and helpful, and the bath room is absolutely excellent!! It's worth to give Struy a chance when you visit Inverness :)))

A great value guest house with very friendly staff. I would recommended Struy to anyone on a budget looking for clean and comfortable accommodation.

Thank you very much for a pleasent stay.

I lived on the ground floor, there was no taps on that floor, which was rather inconvenient. Besides, when the bathroom was occupied, I could not find any taps. Staff was really nice and helpful!

If you want to stay at an affordable, friendly guest house close to Inverness, look no further than the Struy Guest House! My companion and I enjoyed the cozy atmosphere, settled in quickly and easily, and were glad to be a short drive away from the city. The owner welcomed us into the guest house, a professional and helpful fellow who made sure our needs were met.

• 19th May 2014

The hostel uses self check-in by phone, which works absolutely fine. When staff are on duty at the guest-house, they are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. All the facilities expected are present, plus more - tea, coffee, glasses, very clean and good shower, bedding, comfy beds. We stayed in a dorm that we got all to ourselves - good because the rooms are not extremely spacious. Good location, 20 minutes outside Inverness city centre, with pretty islands close by.

It is a very comfortable, clean, well organised, and NICE place to stay. Good location. Priced like a hostel, but you get B&B standard.

• 3rd May 2014