Struy Guest House Reviews

109 Ballifeary Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

Clean shower, and good breakfast for the two pounds, but the bed squeaked whenever you moved and one of the additional blankets we used smelled badly of smoke.

I stayed for 2 nights with the Struy Guest house. It's quit near to the city centre so you have to walk round about 10 minutes. The guest house was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful! There is one little thing that has to be pointed out. The guest house has only one bath with shower and toilet and one additional little toilet. But by time managing and communication the bottlenecks have been reduced a lot! All in all I was very satisfied with me stay there and i would recommend it!

We were 5 of us sleeping at this Guest House with at least 5 or 6 other rooms. The main problem is that there is only one bathroom and one toilet for the whole house which is really annoying. Except for the bathromm, there is no sink.

One could put some lockable lockers into the dorms so that one can be sure that nobody can loot their stuff while away.

• 4th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the guest house, friendly staff, comfy beds

Easy to improve on kitchen/sitting etc

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Finland

We enjoyed our stay at the guest house, friendly staff, comfy beds

very uncomplicated and good!

Everything as expected. You have what you pay for.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My goodness where do I begin with this atrocious excuse for a hostel? I was given the "chalet" (aka garden shed). I arrived in Feb on a cold night & all the windows were left open. It was so cold inside that I could see my breath. The electric heater was broken, the door had holes in, the walls had stains, there were cobwebs on the walls, the bed was LITERALLY the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on, the furniture looked like they'd come from a tip. AND IT WAS SO COLD.

• 19th Feb 2015

a little far from the town, but it is really a beautiful house, we all like it very much.

Rooms are freezing and they say breakfast is included but it is not.

as stated on our hostelworld profile it does clearly say that breakfast is not included and is to be paid for extra. The heating comes on with a timer in the evening and the morning so that could be the reason the room was cold when they checked in during the daytime. if they were cold they should have let us know and we would have provided them with extra heating of some sort as we are very accommodating that way. :-)

This is my second stay at Struy and I loved it again. I loved the chalet, it's my favourite, but the deluxe double was a nice change too, when I extended my stay for the extra two days. In the chalet I could come and go as I please without disturbing other guests and it's cooler for me (I get hot very easily). The house is lovely and cozy though and very welcoming. Can't wait till my next visit to Inverness and my stay with you hopefully when the weather is milder. Keep up the good work.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Scotland

easy to get to. warm welcome..good orientation. relaxed atmosphere. plan to return on return journey

In overall the hostel is good and staffs are really friendly. However the problem is that we experienced nightmares as there were bed bugs at the accommodation.

View all Inverness Bed and Breakfasts