Struy Guest House Reviews

109 Ballifeary Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

Our stay here was ok, it's a fair way out of the city but it's opposite a bus stop which is handy. Place was fairly basic overall

This guest house was a very pleasant surprise. Even though it's a bit far from the city center (around 25 min walk), the room that was provided to us was excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The place is clean and cozy.

The place was very clean and nice. Rooms were spacious and we appreciated the tea and coffee provided in each room. It is really good to have also a dining room with cutlery, dishes, fridge and microwave provided. The only missing things were the fact that we had no cooking facilities. Overall it was a really pleasant stay, perfect if you have a car - as we did. Mr. Ali, in charge of the place, was very nice and welcoming.

It was a great place to stay, especially for the great deal I got on hostelworld.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Romania

Only stayed 1 night but it was very nice, no one was there when we checked in but they talked us through it on the phone and came by later to sort out paperwork etc so it was no problem. You can park on the street without any restrictions.

Everything was ok, It's very clean and the bed super comfortable. They don't have a guest kitchen but there are a microwave and a fridge.

I think this is one of the best guest houses I have stayed in, in the U.K. Perfect!!!

I stayed in the single-person chalet at the back and it was fantastically cozy and reclusive. There needed to be a small toaster, to go with the other cooking implements, for greater independence in the morning, but apart from that I strongly recommend it.

As I was traveling on my own, I felt safe, Struy guest house was clean and warm and great value for money.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Really good stay in the chalet, everything you need and lovely and quiet so that you can enjoy a good nights sleep, not something you can always guarantee in a hostel situation.

We were very happy with everything at Struy Guest House and would go there again.

• 22nd Sep 2015

There is only one shower so things can get pretty busy in the morning, but it's very clean. My advice is to shower after breakfast, who by the way is very good.

• 18th Sep 2015

Clean wonderful !

Room a little bit to small for 4 people

The check in was a bit strange but luckily we had local sim cards. Without them we might have been in trouble. The interiors were nice although the air felt a bit moist in our dorm but that didn't bother us that much (but might bother some people). Sad thing was that WC didn't have a light inside. It would be nice if there were one.

Only one bathroom available for the whole place. Luckily we arrived when the hostel wasn't busy and didn't have long waits to shower. There is no kitchen but at least there is a small fridge and microwave. Rooms and bathroom were clean. Ok for the price.

The temperature control in the shower does not work at all. It switches unpredictably from 100% cold water to 100% hot water.

• 9th Aug 2015