Struy Guest House Reviews

109 Ballifeary Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

Rooms are freezing and they say breakfast is included but it is not.

This is my second stay at Struy and I loved it again. I loved the chalet, it's my favourite, but the deluxe double was a nice change too, when I extended my stay for the extra two days. In the chalet I could come and go as I please without disturbing other guests and it's cooler for me (I get hot very easily). The house is lovely and cozy though and very welcoming. Can't wait till my next visit to Inverness and my stay with you hopefully when the weather is milder. Keep up the good work.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Scotland

easy to get to. warm welcome..good orientation. relaxed atmosphere. plan to return on return journey

In overall the hostel is good and staffs are really friendly. However the problem is that we experienced nightmares as there were bed bugs at the accommodation.

Very sweet little hostel with really friendly owner.

• 18th Oct 2014

They have parking, breakfast was good, staff friendly, no problems at all

Worst bed I have ever slept on. Common area was a 90 year old woman's dining room. There are a ton of accommodations closer to the city which you can easily find once you arrive. There was one shower and two toilets for the entire house..

• 29th Sep 2014

This for me was the perfect location. I was in town to run the Loch Ness marathon and it was a quick hobble away from the finish line.

The hostel and its staff was lovely. Everything very clean and organised. Me and my friends had a great time there.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Great place to stay!!! The house is beautiful and nature around is nice.Stuff are very helpful.The room with double bed and bathroom was great and cozy. Prices are cheap!! its about 20 minutes walk from the centre of Inverness

I stayed here for three nights. On the second night when downstairs in the dining room I recieved 50 bites(and I'm not exaggerating). They looked like mosquito bites but I did not see any Mosquitos.. The lady was lovely and sprayed our room with insect spray, even though most of the bites where from down stairs in the common area. I still have no idea what bit me but it's been a few weeks and I still have dark marks where the bites were and I didn't hear anything else from the people there.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Simple and cheap way to stay a night in Inverness. Thanks a lot!

• 29th Aug 2014

I had an unfortunate experience at the Struy Guest House. Upon my arrival, some hygienic concerns were raised by a present guest - the validity of which I cannot attest to - but they were of a nature that I was not willing to risk sticking around; we sought other accommodations immediately. My disappointment is that the owner proceeded to charge me for the night, noting that he expected me to waste time and resources while the issues were investigated, which I think is an unreasonable burden.

Hostel comfortable but the furniture so old and bad distributed.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I booked a "private room" onstead of a dormitory. So the "private room" was actually a camper (Im not joking!) on the backside of the house! Luckily we had to stay there only 1 night.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

The location was alright, although a bit out of the way. This never-the-less ensured that it was quiet. The place that I was sleeping was a "caravan," the sort of camper that one attaches to the back of a car. The lock was therefore not particularly beefy, and I found myself coming up with strategies in case someone broke in at night. However the way it's parked by the wall, behind, and with a motion-sensor light nearby does help. Shared bathroom inside house. The caravan itself was atmospheric.

Loved the caravan especially as I arrived just as it started to pour with rain. It was so cosy inside with the rain hammering on the roof! Nice big bathroom in the main house with a great shower. Location is a wee bit out of town if you are walking but worth the walk to stay in a caravan! Perhaps if the dining room could be set up for breakfast later in the evening, it would make it a bit easier for people having food in there. Seemed strange to be messing up the tidy tables.

The Spanish guy who welcomed us was helpful and gave good tips for the city. Room facilites are ok, bathroom as well. Just 1 nigth, no complains.

Nice stay. We ended up buying the breakfast as well as it cost just a bit more than a cup of coffee in a cafe...and cafes in Scotland open later for most part than we were used to in the States and we WEREN'T going to a fast food place. They also had a fridge for guests in dining room so we could store our sandwich things in there overnight. Handy

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

There was some mold on the curtains. Other than that it was clean enough for me.

← Back to search results