Struy Guest House Reviews

109 Ballifeary Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

Few points about this guest house: Good access, easy to find and park. Old style furniture, small and unconfortable rooms, 1 toilet for 5 rooms, and of course, no views to anywhere. Very quiet and good atmosphere but enough for one night

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Poland

Great place to stay in Inverness. Really close to the centre and has enough space to park your car. Would go back.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Very recommended by myself. Very good place, staff etc

As other reviewers said, the guest house is far enough from the center that it becomes an issue. Only one shower for the whole house + buildings in the courtyard. No kitchen, only a fridge. The owner is nice but he isn't here often, so you're on your own.

Well it's pretty far away from everything, but besides that, it's a really nice homey feel. Staff are nice though no main desk. Overall it's good, just far. Would be great for a family or older people who want quiet.

It was clean and nice. The walls were very thin. We could hear everything.

• 10th Jun 2015

Very nice guest house, with incredibly friendly staff, everything you needed to know was either explained clearly by talking to staff or through inof on the walls. Would recommend :)

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

It's not really a hostel, but a guesthouse, so things are a bit more 'traditional'.

The room was a good size with its own since, BUT had to share 2 toilets and 1 shower with about 6 rooms? Recommend showering at night if you can. The city center was close enough to walk about and on-street parking was secure enough. The TV had a mind of its own in my room.

Helpful staff before arrival and on check-in. I stayed in the chalet, which was fairly quiet and private. Cleaners only came in the late morning (too early). Tea etc. not topped up daily. This is a self-catering option and you get what you pay for. FILTHY blinds, dead insects in the toilet, a broken shelf in the bathroom so nowhere to put anything and very little kitchenware - miniature fridge, plates and cutlery needed. All very tired. The bed is also very hard and uncomfortable. Low quality.

I stayed in the caravan outside and so I had to go inside to use the shower and such. But it was great having my own space. And the owner, Imtaiz, was really nice and helpful! Loved my stay here! Just make sure you wear extra clothes because it can get chilly at night in the caravan.

There is only one bathroom in the whole house. The staff are not always around so they're not easy to find. It's kind of a sketchy check in process because they might not be there when you show up. It's a long way from the city centre and the bus and train stations so keep that in mind when booking. You'll have to walk quite a ways to do anything

I had a great stay at the Struy Guest House. There was a genuine welcome and the room was comfortable and warm. I will definitely stay there again.

I had a great stay at the Struy Guest House. I was made to feel at home with a genuine welcome. The room was comfortable and warm. We had an early start the next day and the owner was very accommodating. All in all I thoroughly recommend the Struy Guest House and will definitely stay there again.

Clean shower, and good breakfast for the two pounds, but the bed squeaked whenever you moved and one of the additional blankets we used smelled badly of smoke.

Very friendly- made me feel at home - room lovely very comfortable bed as well

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

I stayed for 2 nights with the Struy Guest house. It's quit near to the city centre so you have to walk round about 10 minutes. The guest house was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful! There is one little thing that has to be pointed out. The guest house has only one bath with shower and toilet and one additional little toilet. But by time managing and communication the bottlenecks have been reduced a lot! All in all I was very satisfied with me stay there and i would recommend it!

We were 5 of us sleeping at this Guest House with at least 5 or 6 other rooms. The main problem is that there is only one bathroom and one toilet for the whole house which is really annoying. Except for the bathromm, there is no sink.

One could put some lockable lockers into the dorms so that one can be sure that nobody can loot their stuff while away.

• 4th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the guest house, friendly staff, comfy beds

View all Inverness Bed and Breakfasts