Struy Guest House Reviews

109 Ballifeary Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

Everything as expected. You have what you pay for.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My goodness where do I begin with this atrocious excuse for a hostel? I was given the "chalet" (aka garden shed). I arrived in Feb on a cold night & all the windows were left open. It was so cold inside that I could see my breath. The electric heater was broken, the door had holes in, the walls had stains, there were cobwebs on the walls, the bed was LITERALLY the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on, the furniture looked like they'd come from a tip. AND IT WAS SO COLD.

• 19th Feb 2015

a little far from the town, but it is really a beautiful house, we all like it very much.

Rooms are freezing and they say breakfast is included but it is not.

as stated on our hostelworld profile it does clearly say that breakfast is not included and is to be paid for extra. The heating comes on with a timer in the evening and the morning so that could be the reason the room was cold when they checked in during the daytime. if they were cold they should have let us know and we would have provided them with extra heating of some sort as we are very accommodating that way. :-)

This is my second stay at Struy and I loved it again. I loved the chalet, it's my favourite, but the deluxe double was a nice change too, when I extended my stay for the extra two days. In the chalet I could come and go as I please without disturbing other guests and it's cooler for me (I get hot very easily). The house is lovely and cozy though and very welcoming. Can't wait till my next visit to Inverness and my stay with you hopefully when the weather is milder. Keep up the good work.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Scotland

easy to get to. warm welcome..good orientation. relaxed atmosphere. plan to return on return journey

In overall the hostel is good and staffs are really friendly. However the problem is that we experienced nightmares as there were bed bugs at the accommodation.

Very sweet little hostel with really friendly owner.

• 18th Oct 2014

They have parking, breakfast was good, staff friendly, no problems at all

Worst bed I have ever slept on. Common area was a 90 year old woman's dining room. There are a ton of accommodations closer to the city which you can easily find once you arrive. There was one shower and two toilets for the entire house..

• 29th Sep 2014

This for me was the perfect location. I was in town to run the Loch Ness marathon and it was a quick hobble away from the finish line.

The hostel and its staff was lovely. Everything very clean and organised. Me and my friends had a great time there.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Great place to stay!!! The house is beautiful and nature around is nice.Stuff are very helpful.The room with double bed and bathroom was great and cozy. Prices are cheap!! its about 20 minutes walk from the centre of Inverness

View all Inverness Bed and Breakfasts