Student Residences Queen Margaret University Reviews

Musselburgh, East Lothian, Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed Twin room with a friend of mine. Here is very very good except Location. Once we told them to arrive so late beforehand, the guardsman waited and took us safely in spite of midnight. The room was like an apartment; silently and cleanly. Kitchen was also good. You have to check the train and bus time in advance; in the morning there is no train for 2 hours.

Great place, clean, quiet, awesome kitchen, nice bathroom, super friendly staff. I have to use a key and a card to get in, that was kind of a hassle, and location is a little out of the way.

Good place to stay

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Vietnam

Typical student halls, clean and secure, nothing fancy but did the job. Fine location next to train station and also a regular bus. Only ten mins on train to Edinburgh.

Very clean and decent facility. The only disadvantage is the location, it takes 10 minutes with the train and half an hour with the bus to get to central Edinburgh.

• 17th Aug 2013

I had a private room, it was clean and large. Staff are very helpful. I had very nice sleep, no noise or anything like that (unlike other hostels), no breakfast included, they provided some tea bags in the kitchen, I say them at night but there was nothing there in the morning! Location is not convenient. The bathroom is tiny. Shower was too hot, couldn't control temperature. Internet didn't work for me. I didn't need this but for other people, please note there is no TV in the room.

Price was good considering alternatives during the Edinburgh festival, but otherwise would be too expensive. Far away from the city centre (it's not even technically Edinburgh anymore), but we'll connected via buses. There was a kitchen and coffee making facilities, but for the price I would have also expected pots, pans and crockery, etc. Self catering was not possible. All round, I would recommend if you want to go to Edinburgh during the fest and save some money, but not really otherwise.

The person at reception was helpful and kind. Rooms were large and comfortable. Campus was easy to navigate.

• 10th Aug 2013

The rooms were clean and very spacious. The showers were a little strange as there's only one setting (hot) and you have to keep pushing the button to keep the water going (there was no knob). The staff was friendly and very courteous. The only thing that wasn't great was that the location was about 30-45 minutes away from the city center of Edinburgh. But the bus comes every few minutes so that didn't bother me too much. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 9th Aug 2013

If they could have provided pots,pans,spoons,plates, microwavable plastic containers for porridge etc it would have been better indeed. Also the microwave had showna spark on first day evening when we tested it without nothing in it. This made us report to them to get a new one/replacement one.The one that was replaced was found to be not in working condition ! This we found out at 11:30 pm that night after we returned from the fringe festival!