Students Hostel Luis Velez Reviews

Street Luis Velez de Guevara 2 Floor 3, Madrid, Spain

Great place to stay! Rooms and bathrooms were clean and the location was terrific. Sleeping in the room right next to the restrooms could be annoying though, since you can hear everyone use the shower. Otherwise, it was a great location to stay!

• 21st Feb 2015

We booked a two-bed private room, and there was this musky damp/ strong detergent smell upon entering the room (took the entire stay to air out the smell). The room was dark because a light was out, but no one was sent to repair it even after we informed reception. Not much amenities included in the price, so you get the very bare minimum. Staff aren't extremely knowledgeable about the tourist attractions, and told me to look up the hours myself (at least offer help?). Otherwise, good location.

• 5th Jan 2015

The hostel is great, we felt like in a hotel. The only problem Was that the wifi wasn't working properly. Good value for money.

I felt like we were staying in a hotel not a hostel! Very clean and our beds were made every day!

We paid for a double and got an empty dorm. The wifi worked well and the bathrooms were clean. Atmosphere wasn't very social. Some staff was very helpful others seemed annoyed and didn't speak English very well.

Stayed in a twin room with private bathroom. Felt like a 4 star hotel. They make up the beds and clean the room every day. Location was perfect. 5 minute walk to Placa meyor and 3 to placa del sol. Lots of restaurants, bars and shops close by. No real common area for socialising or meeting people.

Should have bigger WC's, the rest is perfect.

The hostel is very nice, in a good location (pretty difficult for parking as it's in the city centre, but they have a nice price for the parking). Staff is nice and rooms are clean. Only two little issues: the heater is pretty high and we didn't know how to turn it off, and the drinks machines didn't have any water. Other than that, nice place for a night or two.

When I arrived to the residence to check-in, I was told they didnt have a room for me yet, and they had to reorganize. They made me leave with no key and to come back in a few hours. When I came back at night,they were moving me to a different hostal. It was close (3 minutes) but it was an hostal from somebody else who was just doing them a favour. The hostal itself wsnt so bad, tho our room was tiny. But we had a tiny bathroom with shower wich was a nice update! And it was clean.

Nice stay, helpful staff that speak English. Had a private room with shared bathrooms. Provided towel and sheets for stay. Nothing remarkable to me, but clean, good location, friendly staff, and good wifi.

Wasn't too busy while we were there, we had a 5 bed room to ourselves. Only complain would be no air conditioning and being up on the top floor it can get very hot at night. Location is perfect and staff were helpful. Kitchen was nice with laundry facilities right in the kitchen.