Students Hostel Luis Velez Reviews

Street Luis Velez de Guevara 2 Floor 3, Madrid, Spain

this is a best hostel in madrid location is great ,(just 5 munites away for sol square) rooms are great, hostel bulding is great and its realy cheap for all this facilities

I've been there in 2012 and 2014. It's a really nice place, clean, quiet, close to a metro station, close to Casa Patas and Puerta del Sol.

→Very noisy at night and very expensive parking

Our stay was overall a pleasant stay, all the amenities worked well! Our bedroom had 5 beds when we booked a twin suite, however was still rather small. We managed with 2 people, not sure how 5 people would go. Upon our arrival one of the beds was broken, (didn't matter we had 5!!). The only major disappointment was that upon checkout we were charged for the broken bed even after we told them. However they did refund this, after a phone call.

• 4th Aug 2014

Thank you for the3 beatifull nights I had passed with my doghter, it is stil a dream.Viva Madrid!!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Perfect conditions and location! I'm very happy I was able to pass 3 days in this hostel!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Everything was really good. From the staff to the hostel location, everything was really good.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

We had a private room for 4 guys. Quiet place, no lockers although nothing happened to our luggage while we were out. Toilet cabinet space is ridiculously small (I'm average height but I had more leg room sitting in a low-cost airplane seat). All in all, I would come back to this hostel since the staff is nice, room beds and bathrooms are clean and the location is good.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Since it was so hot they upgraded me and my partner to a private bedroom with airconditioning and private bathroom for only 10€. It looked and felt like a hotel. The only problem we encountered was that the plumbing system was aparently faulty and the room below us flooded while I was taking a shower and they made us change rooms mid-shower. Understandable, but annoying. The other roon had a smaller bathroom and wasnt as cozy, but was still very good.

My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was newly remodeled with granite countertops and a towel warmer. The location was easy to get to and within walking distance of many locations in town. I would highly recommend this hostel to any traveler.

Such a wonderful experience! Centrally located and safe neighborhood (relative to other areas of Madrid) - plus hostel main entrance locks from the street at 8:30pm. There are wonderful restraunts nearby and all the great sights are walking distance from the hostel. Staying here made my weekend perfect.. I feel so fortunate to have found this hostel.

• 11th Jul 2014

Very nice place to stay and fantastic central location! Didn't interact much with the staff but they were friendly at check-in.

Very good location, it is possible to walk to all main touristic sites. The bathrooms could be improved, they are very clean but there were only one toilet to be shared by all the girls and nowhere to place your towel and toiletries while you take a shower. Also, the sound of the people pressing the shower push valv can be loudly heard inside room 4 on the 3rd floor, what can be very annoying considering that people start showering around 7 am and it goes on until 11h.

Great quality/price relation. Friendly staff and clean. Would choose the same while a next visit to Madrid.

Great, clean facilities. Rooms cleaned every morning. Reception staff EXTREMELY helpful in helping us to where we need to go. Clean bathrooms, good shower pressure. Locked key card access front door to building. Vending machines with cheap water drinks and snacks. Close to all main areas you'd want to visit in Madrid

Good location, near to the center but pay attention to the no. Of the building when u first find the hostel. There was no sign shown the name of the hostel. Aside from that everything is perfect!! We love it.

Excellent!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

I have put some luggage in the store room after checking out on the 8th April. When I go back to get my belongings in that evening, the male staff attitude is so rude. The staff don't know how to speak English and keep yelling us with Spainish and some English words. He has no patience and after knowing what we are saying, he just still scolded us with a bad attitude. I have never such a bad service before and I wish to share this to everyone, telling them don't go to that hostel.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The rooms were excellent, and we could see house keeping everyday cleaning. This hostel is centrally located in Madrid and everything feels like a short 5 to 10 minute walk away.