Students Hostel Luis Velez Reviews

Street Luis Velez de Guevara 2 Floor 3, Madrid, Spain

We booked a two-bed private room, and there was this musky damp/ strong detergent smell upon entering the room (took the entire stay to air out the smell). The room was dark because a light was out, but no one was sent to repair it even after we informed reception. Not much amenities included in the price, so you get the very bare minimum. Staff aren't extremely knowledgeable about the tourist attractions, and told me to look up the hours myself (at least offer help?). Otherwise, good location.

• 5th Jan 2015

The hostel is great, we felt like in a hotel. The only problem Was that the wifi wasn't working properly. Good value for money.

I felt like we were staying in a hotel not a hostel! Very clean and our beds were made every day!

We paid for a double and got an empty dorm. The wifi worked well and the bathrooms were clean. Atmosphere wasn't very social. Some staff was very helpful others seemed annoyed and didn't speak English very well.

Stayed in a twin room with private bathroom. Felt like a 4 star hotel. They make up the beds and clean the room every day. Location was perfect. 5 minute walk to Placa meyor and 3 to placa del sol. Lots of restaurants, bars and shops close by. No real common area for socialising or meeting people.

Should have bigger WC's, the rest is perfect.

The hostel is very nice, in a good location (pretty difficult for parking as it's in the city centre, but they have a nice price for the parking). Staff is nice and rooms are clean. Only two little issues: the heater is pretty high and we didn't know how to turn it off, and the drinks machines didn't have any water. Other than that, nice place for a night or two.

When I arrived to the residence to check-in, I was told they didnt have a room for me yet, and they had to reorganize. They made me leave with no key and to come back in a few hours. When I came back at night,they were moving me to a different hostal. It was close (3 minutes) but it was an hostal from somebody else who was just doing them a favour. The hostal itself wsnt so bad, tho our room was tiny. But we had a tiny bathroom with shower wich was a nice update! And it was clean.

Wasn't too busy while we were there, we had a 5 bed room to ourselves. Only complain would be no air conditioning and being up on the top floor it can get very hot at night. Location is perfect and staff were helpful. Kitchen was nice with laundry facilities right in the kitchen.

this is a best hostel in madrid location is great ,(just 5 munites away for sol square) rooms are great, hostel bulding is great and its realy cheap for all this facilities

I've been there in 2012 and 2014. It's a really nice place, clean, quiet, close to a metro station, close to Casa Patas and Puerta del Sol.

→Very noisy at night and very expensive parking

Our stay was overall a pleasant stay, all the amenities worked well! Our bedroom had 5 beds when we booked a twin suite, however was still rather small. We managed with 2 people, not sure how 5 people would go. Upon our arrival one of the beds was broken, (didn't matter we had 5!!). The only major disappointment was that upon checkout we were charged for the broken bed even after we told them. However they did refund this, after a phone call.

• 4th Aug 2014

Thank you for the3 beatifull nights I had passed with my doghter, it is stil a dream.Viva Madrid!!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Perfect conditions and location! I'm very happy I was able to pass 3 days in this hostel!