Students Hostel Luis Velez Reviews

Street Luis Velez de Guevara 2 Floor 3, Madrid, Spain

I felt like we were staying in a hotel not a hostel! Very clean and our beds were made every day!

We paid for a double and got an empty dorm. The wifi worked well and the bathrooms were clean. Atmosphere wasn't very social. Some staff was very helpful others seemed annoyed and didn't speak English very well.

Stayed in a twin room with private bathroom. Felt like a 4 star hotel. They make up the beds and clean the room every day. Location was perfect. 5 minute walk to Placa meyor and 3 to placa del sol. Lots of restaurants, bars and shops close by. No real common area for socialising or meeting people.

Should have bigger WC's, the rest is perfect.

The hostel is very nice, in a good location (pretty difficult for parking as it's in the city centre, but they have a nice price for the parking). Staff is nice and rooms are clean. Only two little issues: the heater is pretty high and we didn't know how to turn it off, and the drinks machines didn't have any water. Other than that, nice place for a night or two.

When I arrived to the residence to check-in, I was told they didnt have a room for me yet, and they had to reorganize. They made me leave with no key and to come back in a few hours. When I came back at night,they were moving me to a different hostal. It was close (3 minutes) but it was an hostal from somebody else who was just doing them a favour. The hostal itself wsnt so bad, tho our room was tiny. But we had a tiny bathroom with shower wich was a nice update! And it was clean.

Wasn't too busy while we were there, we had a 5 bed room to ourselves. Only complain would be no air conditioning and being up on the top floor it can get very hot at night. Location is perfect and staff were helpful. Kitchen was nice with laundry facilities right in the kitchen.

this is a best hostel in madrid location is great ,(just 5 munites away for sol square) rooms are great, hostel bulding is great and its realy cheap for all this facilities

I've been there in 2012 and 2014. It's a really nice place, clean, quiet, close to a metro station, close to Casa Patas and Puerta del Sol.

→Very noisy at night and very expensive parking

Our stay was overall a pleasant stay, all the amenities worked well! Our bedroom had 5 beds when we booked a twin suite, however was still rather small. We managed with 2 people, not sure how 5 people would go. Upon our arrival one of the beds was broken, (didn't matter we had 5!!). The only major disappointment was that upon checkout we were charged for the broken bed even after we told them. However they did refund this, after a phone call.

• 4th Aug 2014

Thank you for the3 beatifull nights I had passed with my doghter, it is stil a dream.Viva Madrid!!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Perfect conditions and location! I'm very happy I was able to pass 3 days in this hostel!

Everything was really good. From the staff to the hostel location, everything was really good.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

We had a private room for 4 guys. Quiet place, no lockers although nothing happened to our luggage while we were out. Toilet cabinet space is ridiculously small (I'm average height but I had more leg room sitting in a low-cost airplane seat). All in all, I would come back to this hostel since the staff is nice, room beds and bathrooms are clean and the location is good.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Since it was so hot they upgraded me and my partner to a private bedroom with airconditioning and private bathroom for only 10€. It looked and felt like a hotel. The only problem we encountered was that the plumbing system was aparently faulty and the room below us flooded while I was taking a shower and they made us change rooms mid-shower. Understandable, but annoying. The other roon had a smaller bathroom and wasnt as cozy, but was still very good.

My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was newly remodeled with granite countertops and a towel warmer. The location was easy to get to and within walking distance of many locations in town. I would highly recommend this hostel to any traveler.

Such a wonderful experience! Centrally located and safe neighborhood (relative to other areas of Madrid) - plus hostel main entrance locks from the street at 8:30pm. There are wonderful restraunts nearby and all the great sights are walking distance from the hostel. Staying here made my weekend perfect.. I feel so fortunate to have found this hostel.

• 11th Jul 2014

Very nice place to stay and fantastic central location! Didn't interact much with the staff but they were friendly at check-in.