Students Residence Reviews

Ilirska ulica 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Some lockers in the room would be nice. The wifi only worked in the common room downstairs, and it was not a good place for meeting people, because everyone was on their phone or laptop.

Great location as everything is in walking distance! However, wifi only works downstairs and if you're looking to meet other travelers, probably not the best place to stay. Good place to stay for a night or two though.

Staff were helpful. Having a dorm style room was excellent. Our chair broke which was weird. The courtyard is very loud and noisy til really late. And the wifi is terrible. Location is good and would stay again.

Great place!! Would have liked to stay longer. Staff was welcoming and the price was very low for such clean and nice rooms.

Good experience on my first visit but very bad on my second. As each room is only 2 beds with a lockable door I assumed I would share with same gender. I went to sleep at 1am with no one in the other bed and was rudely awoken at 2am to find a strange man standing over me - it was a huge shock as in my sleepy state I thought he was there to attack me. A horrible shock!! HE then put on the light and tried talking to me. I didn't sleep again till after 5am and had to be up 2 hours later.

Stayed there only for one night and loved the location. Basic rooms, but close to the center. Staff was helpful ... they told us we can hang out at another hostel near by (Celica hostel). Ask about the bbq night there, it's worth it. Would recommend it!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

It was nice. If you're looking to socialize probably wouldn't go here.

Hostel is in a student dormitory. The 6 bed dorms are actually 3 twin rooms, which is good for couples. Location is quite good as the center is just a few minutes away from the Hostel.

Nice concept of turning student apartments into a hostel for the summer. Be prepared to walk the stairs a lot (around 13 storeys) or waiting for the elevator. Wifi only on ground level. May be a bit awkward if you have a roommate since there's only 2 people in one room.

I thought I booked one of the beds in a 6-bed mixed dorm room, but it turned out that there are three private rooms (each room as two beds) in one big room - kind of like a college dormitory style. Wi-fi only worked on the lobby area. The kitchen, which was part of the big room, was fully equipped, but there was no microwave. Room was very clean.

It's not very charming but the location is perfect. Just a few steps and you're in the old town. The stuff was not very helpful. We asked them about the things we should do and they didn't really help us, but it was okay because Ljubljana is small and you find everything by foot. It's a good hostel for one or two nights, but not more. It's not possible to connect with other backpackers because there's no room such as a livingroom to meet each other.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

the staff made us leave a ridicilous high deposit. the included linen also had to be taken up to the room, and down when we checked out, which in our case were 9 stories.

Thanks for your review. We're sorry your experience at Students Residence didn't meet your expectations. Asking our guests to take linens to the room, helps us provide the accomodation at budget prices. 9 stories sounds quite high, but we have to note that it's just a short elevator ride away. Also, the 10 eur key and linen deposit is standard practice in hostels and you get it back at the end of your stay. We wish you all the best!

It was okay!