Students Residence Reviews

Ilirska ulica 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Great kitchen in room, they need to sell it better, you get essentially a twin bed private with kitchen. Kitchen is barely equipped though. Pod location with shop right next door staff are lovely.

We were filthy after 2 days of constant travelling and delighted to get a hot shower and a warm bed for the night. It had exactly what we needed but it is student accommodation and so not suitable for anybody who's looking for luxury. 5-10 minute walk from the bus/ stain station in toward the city centre.

All rooms are 2 bed privates. No common area, terrible for meeting people. No WIFI in rooms, only next to reception which is annoying. No working washing facilities. Good place for a bed for 1 night or 2 max.

Great kitchen and the dorms being 2 or 3 double rooms was perfect for us. However, one of the main reasons we chose this place was the free self-service laundry they offer and that turned out to be a disappointment. The laundry room is meant for the students and those staying over summer may have reserved all the hours (and they take 6-hour turns because the machines, tumble dryer especially, are extremely inefficient). We were told go to another hostel to wash our clothes for 6 euros.

A cheap place to stay in an old uni student block of flats. Not great for meeting other people, but the rooms are good and make it feel more like a hotel than a hostel (2 to a room). Staff friendly.

So great!!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Venezuela

Location was good, atmosphere wasnt really excisting, since the common room was on the 9th floor. Bathroom was dirty and the showerhead was cracked and sprayed everywhere. Bedrooms looked like if they havent been cleaned for a long time. We paid a lot of money to clean our laundry and it took hours to dry our stuff. In the end we left with wet clothes. Not cool. Next time i would rather stay somewhere else since it was not very cheap.

Starting off negatively, the hostel was a bit dirty. However staff were good, wifi was good and it's so close to the centre. This place don't do themselves justice by the way they advertise because it's a 6 bed share, but they're are 3 private rooms in each dorm. So if you are in an even number you get a private room. Definitely go here!

• 10th Aug 2015

Didn't really enjoy this hostel, no wifi in rooms and really hot I never sweated that much in my life. Lift was terrifying, but as hostels go it's not a horrible place, it has beds, showers and cases to the internet in a great location.

It was very dirty under the beds (and for that matter the rest of the floor too) so it could do with some cleaning. It would also be good if a shower curtain was purchased for the bathroom.

Student dorm, really nice kitchen, friendly & helpfull staff

The location is fine, it's a 5 minute walk to the centre. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. The thing about this hostel is, there is absolute no atmosphere. The common rooms looked utterly depressing. The rooms are nice and clean, but everything is very impersonal. So if you are traveling as a couple or in a group, it could be a nice hostel. Al the rooms have 2 beds, and there are 4 rooms in one 'apartment'. so if you want to meet other people, i guess this isn;t the place for you.

We booked a 6 dorm (2 people) but when we arrived, we realized we got our own room – we just shared kitchen and bathroom with 4 other people. The hostel is very close to the city, just a few minutes of walking. However, this is not a place to stay in if you want to socialize and it could have been more clean (bathroom).

Some lockers in the room would be nice. The wifi only worked in the common room downstairs, and it was not a good place for meeting people, because everyone was on their phone or laptop.

The sleep quality is excellent, much more that in regular hostel dorm. Definitely recommended if you needed to rest and recharge after weeks of travels.

Great location as everything is in walking distance! However, wifi only works downstairs and if you're looking to meet other travelers, probably not the best place to stay. Good place to stay for a night or two though.

Staff were helpful. Having a dorm style room was excellent. Our chair broke which was weird. The courtyard is very loud and noisy til really late. And the wifi is terrible. Location is good and would stay again.

Great place!! Would have liked to stay longer. Staff was welcoming and the price was very low for such clean and nice rooms.

The girls in reception are SOOO CUUUTE!!!! ;)

Good experience on my first visit but very bad on my second. As each room is only 2 beds with a lockable door I assumed I would share with same gender. I went to sleep at 1am with no one in the other bed and was rudely awoken at 2am to find a strange man standing over me - it was a huge shock as in my sleepy state I thought he was there to attack me. A horrible shock!! HE then put on the light and tried talking to me. I didn't sleep again till after 5am and had to be up 2 hours later.