Students & Travellers Inn Reviews

16 Kydathineon, Plaka, Athens, Greece

very comfortable place to live

• 27th Aug 2014
  • China

Flori is an excelent recepcionist, always in a good mood and helpfull!

Was only here for a night but it was a good hostel. Staff was so helpful - even helped me book a flight when I arrived at 1am. Good location next to all of the sites in Athens!

A great hostel! conveniently located next to the old town and one of the main shopping streets. Air conditiong works great, lovely courtyard, friendly and humorous staff, a (bipolar?) cat named cookie. the bar is closed at the moment, but the reception is super friendly and sell drinks, and its open 24 hours. Not the cheapest, but definitely worth the money. Oh yeah, Florin and all the other staff was great. Thank you for the hospitality!

Highly recommended to those who travel with low budget and a keen for ancient Greek culture and homely warmth!!!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • China

Great people, great vibe, perfect location! Don't miss this place, a hostel in the heart of authentic Athens. Wonderful place to stay while visiting this historical venue!!!

Hmm average stay. No printing facilities - had to run and find an Internet cafe at 2am to print a boarding pass. Tap dripped all night next to my room and was very loud. Wifi was not great. Not the worst, but certainly not the best. The best thing - very close to everything

I had a great stay at the Students Inn. It was centrally located in the center of town and a short walk away from the Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, and other major sights. The staff were all very attentive and helpful whenever I asked questions. The rooms are comfortable and not cramped, unlike other places I have stayed in before. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Athens!

• 9th Aug 2014

Ideal location on a super cute street with restaurants near by and shopping right at your doorstep and close to train station! Wifi is best I've had in a hostel in weeks... As a bonous the staff are totally friendly and went out of there way to help me out, held my bags for three nights so I could venture to islands with ease. This place has everything, location, great people and access to plan your next adventure. This is my second visit!

Having a great stay here!

I recomended! grat hostel! we will come back!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

I got a free upgrade to a single room which was fantastic!

Central Plaka locatıon ıs great for seeıng the hıstorıc sıghts. Some room staırs are steep for oldtımers. Watch the trıp-up step from offıce to kıtchen area - marble at base of metal staırs. Staff are frıendly but handıng keys over on every buıldıng exıt seems a bıt overdone. Good Englısh breakfast for fıve Euros.

For the price you pay this hostel needs an urgent upgrade of its bathrooms and dorm rooms. doors lock very loosely and no lockers in rooms. Staff were always overwhelmed and slightly rude. The only positive from this review is the location. Many other better hotels that are underrated around Athens then paying for this average bare minimum hostel. Unfortunately one of the worst hostels I stayed in all of Europe.

Great staff all around and optimal location.

A basic hostel, good location and not too expensive. As far as hostels good there was nothing special about it. It didn't harbour the feeling that many hostels do, welcomes travellers with a place to meet and mingle. Although my booking said I could check in at noon, I wasn't allowed to until 1:oo.I also was not allowed to hang out in the common area to wait until I could check in, which was weird. No other hostel has ever done that to me before. Wifi signal was really weak. Staff were only ok

This was a pleasant hostel to stay at - the staff was friendly, and facilities including cheap beers sold at the desk, a nice open air common room for relaxing with friends, and laundry service were all nice features. Unfortunately, they had strict rules about having friends in rooms which threw a damper on things. Various tours and activities could be booked through the front desk. One annoying thing was their refusal to accept credit card, despite what the Hostelworld app said.

I always stay at this hostel when I'm in Athens but this time the staff put me in a single room even though I had paid for a four person dorm. THANK YOU!!!! I was ecstatic. It was a lovely, quiet little room that shared a very clean bathroom with one other person. The hostel stored my stuff (both in the luggage room and in the safe) all day even though I had checked out and was not leaving town until after midnight. Highly recommend the hostel. The staff is wonderful! Be nice to them!

Bathrooms are not that good, but ok.If you wanna go to Acropolis, this is the best location in athens, for sure! And it has air condicioned in rooms, really necessary :)

My teenage(19) daughter and I stayed 3 nights. It was a good place to stay right in the Plaka and easy to find from the metro. The first night there were a couple of groups with younger teenagers who ran around screaming-luckly they left the following day. We had a room with a bathroom. Nothing special but a good place to put our heads after long days of sight seeing.

• 21st Jul 2014