Students & Travellers Inn Reviews

16 Kydathineon, Plaka, Athens, Greece

No lockers in the room

Excellent!

Best location ever! I just did not like the bathroom.

Great location! Place is clean and staff friendly. Would definitely return

Our stay was an absolute disaster. We checked in late at night before a flight the next day. Upon arrival half of our friends travelling in our group were told that their beds were taken, the hostel was full and they'd have to sleep elsewhere despite having proof of their booking. The room we were allocated to didn't have a number, a key, a safe and when we arrived our beds were also taken. We won't be coming back!

• 12th Jun 2014

the room underground was a little wet with some strange smell. But they are really nice! We order mixed room but live in private room for 2 people^_^

It was okay, but cost way too much for what it was. Good location, a couple people on the staff were really nice, but the bar never opened, the showers weren't great, there was no lockers included in the rooms, and there was a lot of noise coming through the window from the courtyard, which had to be open because it was really hot in the room. The hostel wasn't bad, but I wasn't impressed.

I booked a 4-female room with my friend, but in the second night of our stay, one extra bed was added and there were 5 girls staying in the same room. Also our room was facing the garden, which had parties every night til midnight, but they often ended at 12:30am or after, so it's quite disturbing. I love the information they provided though, such as basic Greeks printed on a paper, which let me better communicate with other locals.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good location near everything. The room I was staying in was a little small for four people but clean. Wifi only really in the garden and by reception

BEWARE THE STAIRS!!! warn people about the seemingly never ending winding stairs to get to and from each room.....place is best suited to those with backpacks than rolling suitcases.

• 5th Jun 2014

The Wifi has somme big troubles. But appart of it its a great place to stay.

I really liked this hostel, but the wifi was intermittent my entire stay. Granted, there were a lot of people trying to use it, but that is what happens at hostels. Other than that, it was a very nice stay, and the location couldn't be more ideal.

BUGS! One of us woke up with tons of bug bites. The bites are consistent with those of the bed bug since they were (and still are) ridiculously itchy and grouped in lines. For the first couple nights. The room also had that musty scent that bed bugs love. The lady at the front desk said they were from leaving the windows open but that's hard to believe since my friend was the only one to get bit and she got bit a LOT. The cleaning staff also took one of our towels and were unable to return it.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Everything's good there! Good chillout place, nice settings.

Excellent!!!

• 1st Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel. Very friendly and helpful, plus, very easy to meet other travelers. Highly recommend!

• 30th May 2014

Wifi useless but everything else was great :)

A little overrated on this website - the bathrooms, showers, toilets were not clean at all, too few shared among many people. The garden was nice and the people were very friendly and social. The rooftop has a great view at night. This hostel would be perfect if it were cleaner, and had storage lockers for each bunk.

• 29th May 2014

another fine stay - thank you - i always stay with you, whenn in Athens

Excellent Hostel! They helped me with my numerous athens problems (particularly when I had just been pickpocketed), and I ended up turning my initial 2 nights into a total of 5 nights. Amazing front desk, very good and clean facilities. Obviously the 4 bed dorm was better, but the 8 bed was very nice to meet people. Excellent atmosphere, bigger hostel than I am used to but the courtyard is an easy way to meet people. Overall, staying here wasa great decision and I wwould recommend it!