Students & Travellers Inn Reviews

16 Kydathineon, Plaka, Athens, Greece

The lady at the receptionist I thought was a bit rude. The location was great! It wasn't too far from the station and very close to the Acropolis which was one of the main attractions I wanted to do. The restaurants in the neighbourhood is cute but rather expensive. Europeans generally have small washrooms so expect that. However I found the bathroom the be quite dirty. Doesn't seem like they look after it often. I was kind of disgusted so I didn't even bother using the shower

This was a great hostel! Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were very kind. Location was perfect for touring all the best sights. Highly recommended!

• 31st May 2015

Convenient and functional hostel. Great location, easy walking distance to food, shops, Parthenon and parliament square. Pretty basic room just 4 beds and a sink. No bag lockers etc. The staff were friendly and helpful. If there's no one at the desk the hostel entrance is locked, good for security, not so good for actually getting in the building, but was only ever unmanned for very short durations.

Good location yet loud late into the evening. Not the cleanest of showers, unfortunately! Good breakfast options although not included in cost, range around €4-5 euros and vary from English to Greek, omelettes to yogurt. Okay stay

• 28th May 2015

Great Location close to everything you would want to see in Athens. Felt very safe in this area of town.

Super friendly and helpful staff. Really close to everything and easy to get to buses, metro, taxis and anywhere else.

• 26th May 2015

Had a wonderful stay in this hostel - had two different stays and each time the staff was helpful, friendly and had no problems. The hostel was clean and pretty quiet.

The hostel is a big central hostel which is fine if you just need a bed in central Athens. However I had an awful experience as I came back on my second night after a massive day exploring only to find I had been checked out despite my reservation. All my belongings had been packed up and we're waiting at reception. I was informed that they were not sure I was staying another night. despite all me belongings being there and my reservation for three nights. As it was 11pm at night I was furious!

great hotel

• 22nd May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staff was more than friendly and helpful with me. I arrived at midnight and was able to get settled in quickly. The bar is a nice touch too.

Great location! Walking distance to all sites and to the syntagma bus station. We had a private double room with our own bathroom because we read that the shared bathrooms are not cleaned as often as they should. The people at the lobby are very helpful. Breakfast is good (3-5euros). There is a common space in the garden (courtyard style) so can become noisy at night. Good hostel if you want to be close to everything in a safe neighborhood!

Excellent Service WiFi could have been better Amazing atmosphere in the Garden Absolutely fantastic location

• 20th May 2015

This was the ideal location in Athens. You can easily walk to several major monuments and great restaurants are just steps away from the door. I really liked the outdoor bar area. Very social and just a great place to hang out with other people!

This is an awesome hostel, I wish I had known more about it before I came! They have an onsite travel advisor that will book all your ferry tickets for you and they advertise several awesome deals for travel around Greece as well as other countries nearby. If I had known that I wouldn't have booked everything already. The rooms were large and spacious and they had lovely common rooms. They offer a cheap breakfast in the morning as well.

Considering all the reviews, I was really disappointed: the facilities are old and in desperate need of an upgrade. In the inner courtyard, the sound carries into the room at all hours (as though the conversations are happening right next to you). At 5am, a bunch of drunk people made their way into it, and it was very noisy. The rooms are old and drab. Shared bathrooms are not very clean. Wifi didn't work in rooms. Front desk is great -- very helpful and friendly. At night, the area is dead.

Lovely staff and great location. However, I killed 3 cockroaches during our stay, and the bathrooms were quite grimy.

Great hostel in a very convenient location. Some of the nicest staff I've met on my travels, so helpful and incredibly friendly!

Amazing hostel with amazing people!

• 13th May 2015

The hostel is in a great location only a few minutes from all the great sights and rifght on a busy strip for food and hanging out. Only downside is there is not much of a hostel atmosphere.

Excellent hostel if you don't have much time in Athens and want to be within walking distance of almost everything. Staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast (not included) was very consistent for a small price.