Students & Travellers Inn Reviews

16 Kydathineon, Plaka, Athens, Greece

the room underground was a little wet with some strange smell. But they are really nice! We order mixed room but live in private room for 2 people^_^

It was okay, but cost way too much for what it was. Good location, a couple people on the staff were really nice, but the bar never opened, the showers weren't great, there was no lockers included in the rooms, and there was a lot of noise coming through the window from the courtyard, which had to be open because it was really hot in the room. The hostel wasn't bad, but I wasn't impressed.

I booked a 4-female room with my friend, but in the second night of our stay, one extra bed was added and there were 5 girls staying in the same room. Also our room was facing the garden, which had parties every night til midnight, but they often ended at 12:30am or after, so it's quite disturbing. I love the information they provided though, such as basic Greeks printed on a paper, which let me better communicate with other locals.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good location near everything. The room I was staying in was a little small for four people but clean. Wifi only really in the garden and by reception

BEWARE THE STAIRS!!! warn people about the seemingly never ending winding stairs to get to and from each room.....place is best suited to those with backpacks than rolling suitcases.

• 5th Jun 2014

The Wifi has somme big troubles. But appart of it its a great place to stay.

I really liked this hostel, but the wifi was intermittent my entire stay. Granted, there were a lot of people trying to use it, but that is what happens at hostels. Other than that, it was a very nice stay, and the location couldn't be more ideal.

BUGS! One of us woke up with tons of bug bites. The bites are consistent with those of the bed bug since they were (and still are) ridiculously itchy and grouped in lines. For the first couple nights. The room also had that musty scent that bed bugs love. The lady at the front desk said they were from leaving the windows open but that's hard to believe since my friend was the only one to get bit and she got bit a LOT. The cleaning staff also took one of our towels and were unable to return it.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Everything's good there! Good chillout place, nice settings.

Excellent!!!

• 1st Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel. Very friendly and helpful, plus, very easy to meet other travelers. Highly recommend!

• 30th May 2014

Wifi useless but everything else was great :)

A little overrated on this website - the bathrooms, showers, toilets were not clean at all, too few shared among many people. The garden was nice and the people were very friendly and social. The rooftop has a great view at night. This hostel would be perfect if it were cleaner, and had storage lockers for each bunk.

• 29th May 2014

another fine stay - thank you - i always stay with you, whenn in Athens

Excellent Hostel! They helped me with my numerous athens problems (particularly when I had just been pickpocketed), and I ended up turning my initial 2 nights into a total of 5 nights. Amazing front desk, very good and clean facilities. Obviously the 4 bed dorm was better, but the 8 bed was very nice to meet people. Excellent atmosphere, bigger hostel than I am used to but the courtyard is an easy way to meet people. Overall, staying here wasa great decision and I wwould recommend it!

This place has an amazing location and very knowledgeable staff. Great common room and super easy to meet people here. That being said, I was here toward the beginning of high season and there was a party every night if the week, so it was hard to sleep. Just keep it in mind if that's not what you're looking for! Also, wifi is sketchy, but it is in almost every hostel in Athens (I've stayed in several). No kitchen, which can be annoying. Great place though!

The hostel was great in every way except one: the wifi was absolutely terrible. Half the time I couldn't connect. They should really invest in improving their wifi! Otherwise, the staff were helpful, the rooms were clean, and it's located in the center of all the attractions -- walking distance to the Acropolis and the 3 major metro stations.

I've traveled the world and this is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Great location, great staff, great vibe. Couldn't ask for more. Make sure you stay here if you visit Athens!

• 24th May 2014

You pretty much get what you pay for. The location is very central to the tourist area in Athens. Staff can be a bit disorganized (staff lady wakes me out of my sleep in the am and demands that I leave because I did not pay for another night in the room - she later realized she was very wrong). Beds are hard and shower is a bit uncomfortable to stand in. The location kind of made up for it's faults.

• 24th May 2014

Staff is very accomodating for stay logistics, traveling through the city, and anything else! We didn't spend a lot of time in the hostel itself because it is so close to great places around the city - the street it is on has a number of cafes/restaurants and it is very close to the Acropolis and other landmarks. Easy to get to/from the airport and the port.

• 23rd May 2014