Students & Travellers Inn Reviews

16 Kydathineon, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Location is excellent and easy to find.You can find a lot of shops/restaurants around this hostel,even you can easy to arrive at bus station if you need to check out in the early morning and take the flight to neighboring islands.

This hostel is right in the middle of all the ruins and museums in Athens, as well as a super quick walk to Starbucks!! The staff were friendly, but there wasn't a big sense of a hostel community, more like a hotel. The beds were also very comfortable too!

wifi sucks location is great

Perfect location. Very close to the Acropolis and everything. Fairly clean. But rooms were tiny and a bit basic for its price.

This hostel is really well situated in basically the middle of the many things you'll want to do in Athens. Everything is walking distance and the subways are very close, less than seven minute walk from the line that's connected to the airport. The room was wonderful. Clean, spacious, and we even had our own sink. It would've been nice to have larger lockers though. The one drag was that the bathrooms and showers are quite beat-up and really not all that nice.

great location and pleasant staff. large hostel! over 30 something rooms. bathrooms were not very cleaned and no lockers are in the rooms. this becomes an issue when you have people moving in and out constantly. wifi only is strong enough on stairs or in the lobby. only one main computer to use with no printer. good for a quick stop not longer.

Staff was amazing, room was simple just the basics, exactly what we needed right in the middle of all the attractions

LOVED every second here. Flourine (not sure I spelled that right) was AMAZING. So friendly and very informative. The staff was great. Loved our balcony room. We stopped back by Athens for one night and tried to stop in and say hi to Flourine, but he wasn't working. :( We loved you guys!!! Thanks for everything.

Very pleasant stay here. Location is excellent.

Great people. They will accommodate all your needs. From everything with booking tours and transportation.

• 5th Jun 2015

Average hostel. Not really social and can be tricky to find the first time. Staff are friendly and helpful.

The lady at the receptionist I thought was a bit rude. The location was great! It wasn't too far from the station and very close to the Acropolis which was one of the main attractions I wanted to do. The restaurants in the neighbourhood is cute but rather expensive. Europeans generally have small washrooms so expect that. However I found the bathroom the be quite dirty. Doesn't seem like they look after it often. I was kind of disgusted so I didn't even bother using the shower

This was a great hostel! Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were very kind. Location was perfect for touring all the best sights. Highly recommended!

• 31st May 2015

Convenient and functional hostel. Great location, easy walking distance to food, shops, Parthenon and parliament square. Pretty basic room just 4 beds and a sink. No bag lockers etc. The staff were friendly and helpful. If there's no one at the desk the hostel entrance is locked, good for security, not so good for actually getting in the building, but was only ever unmanned for very short durations.

Good location yet loud late into the evening. Not the cleanest of showers, unfortunately! Good breakfast options although not included in cost, range around €4-5 euros and vary from English to Greek, omelettes to yogurt. Okay stay

• 28th May 2015

Great Location close to everything you would want to see in Athens. Felt very safe in this area of town.

Super friendly and helpful staff. Really close to everything and easy to get to buses, metro, taxis and anywhere else.

• 26th May 2015

Had a wonderful stay in this hostel - had two different stays and each time the staff was helpful, friendly and had no problems. The hostel was clean and pretty quiet.

The hostel is a big central hostel which is fine if you just need a bed in central Athens. However I had an awful experience as I came back on my second night after a massive day exploring only to find I had been checked out despite my reservation. All my belongings had been packed up and we're waiting at reception. I was informed that they were not sure I was staying another night. despite all me belongings being there and my reservation for three nights. As it was 11pm at night I was furious!

great hotel