Students & Travellers Inn Reviews

16 Kydathineon, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Great location! Walking distance to all sites and to the syntagma bus station. We had a private double room with our own bathroom because we read that the shared bathrooms are not cleaned as often as they should. The people at the lobby are very helpful. Breakfast is good (3-5euros). There is a common space in the garden (courtyard style) so can become noisy at night. Good hostel if you want to be close to everything in a safe neighborhood!

Excellent Service WiFi could have been better Amazing atmosphere in the Garden Absolutely fantastic location

• 20th May 2015

This was the ideal location in Athens. You can easily walk to several major monuments and great restaurants are just steps away from the door. I really liked the outdoor bar area. Very social and just a great place to hang out with other people!

This is an awesome hostel, I wish I had known more about it before I came! They have an onsite travel advisor that will book all your ferry tickets for you and they advertise several awesome deals for travel around Greece as well as other countries nearby. If I had known that I wouldn't have booked everything already. The rooms were large and spacious and they had lovely common rooms. They offer a cheap breakfast in the morning as well.

Considering all the reviews, I was really disappointed: the facilities are old and in desperate need of an upgrade. In the inner courtyard, the sound carries into the room at all hours (as though the conversations are happening right next to you). At 5am, a bunch of drunk people made their way into it, and it was very noisy. The rooms are old and drab. Shared bathrooms are not very clean. Wifi didn't work in rooms. Front desk is great -- very helpful and friendly. At night, the area is dead.

Lovely staff and great location. However, I killed 3 cockroaches during our stay, and the bathrooms were quite grimy.

Great hostel in a very convenient location. Some of the nicest staff I've met on my travels, so helpful and incredibly friendly!

Amazing hostel with amazing people!

• 13th May 2015

The hostel is in a great location only a few minutes from all the great sights and rifght on a busy strip for food and hanging out. Only downside is there is not much of a hostel atmosphere.

Excellent hostel if you don't have much time in Athens and want to be within walking distance of almost everything. Staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast (not included) was very consistent for a small price.

I had a great stay and loved the garden area!

I loved my stay here! The rooms are great and it has a very welcoming atmosphere ! The mix of people staying here seems to be varied. I met high schoolers all the way to people in their 60's. They have a great business setup because they will book tours, etc. for you there! They did my laundry...and it smelled amazing! After a long trip, amd wanting fresh clothes, it was a pleasant surprise lol!

nice staff and very nice location

• 5th May 2015

I've been staying at the Students & Travellers Inn for over 25 years. It is ideally located in the Plaka district within easy walking distance of the Acropolis and major museums. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. They have all the amenities you would expect from a well run hostel. Value for money is A++! I'll be back next year...

I loved the hostel. It had the best location close to absolutely everything. Souvenir shops, restaurants and main roads in case you needed to get to bank quickly too. Also just a 6 min walk from the main metro station so very easy to get there from the airport. The beds were comfortable. I think my only complaint would be that in the washrooms, the water from the shower would go everywhere but other than that the hostel was fantastic. Staff were all super friendly and very helpful.

It was a great location, but it was very loud.

• 4th May 2015

The location is super convenient and you can go shopping and have food just on the street you're staying. The room is okay and he bathroom really needs to be cleaned.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Taiwan

It really was nothing special. The bathrooms smelled terrible and were only clean immediately following the routine morning cleans. Wifi was pretty poor and the air conditioner didn't work. We couldn't even turn off the sink light in our room. I was unimpressed, but the staff was kind and helpful.

This was a great place to stay in Athens. Super centrally located! You can walk to lots of the sites really easily. The staff were great- very nice and very helpful. The only complaint I had was the mattresses...it was like sleeping directly on metal springs. Other than that- great experience!

• 30th Apr 2015

Great location, staff and facilities. The only issue was no lockers in the rooms but you do have to have a key for the room.