Students & Travellers Inn Reviews

16 Kydathineon, Plaka, Athens, Greece

Say hello to Cosmina!

Excellent staff, all of them were very helpful and I hope they keep that up. The location was perfect, central to shopping, sites and great restaurants. The room was nice, the wifi works in the hallway only but everything was still very nice. I also met some great people here who were travelling, made some good friends.

The stuff was very friendly and help us with everything. The location is perfect. Near from all the atractions. The beds were good and the bathroom perfect. If i go back to Athens, definitly i would stay there. We bought in the hostel the ferry tickets, and they helped us with the bus information.

Our stay here was great! The staff was very helpful with any questions we had, no matter what time of the day. We really enjoyed being able to walk out the door and have a number of restaurants and bars next door. We even came back the next week to stay two more nights!

• 8th Nov 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with a friend. The location was excellent, the staff were so welcoming and helpful and the hostel was clean. Our room even had a balcony. The charm to the building is amazing. As two young girls travelling alone, we felt completely safe.Overall we had an amazing time here! Would definitely recommend!

Staff were so helpful both times I have stayed here! Has a helpful travel booking place inside that can book trips to the island. Very clean place to stay in, and a great deal for the price. Cool atmosphere with other travelers. Internet works well. All around a very satisfying place!

• 1st Nov 2013

Loved the location of the Inn! Easy access to metro and bus. Staff was very friendly- especially the woman who checked me in at 9am!! Only negative was it was quite warm in the room (for Nov 1 in a 4 person dorm) and the hardwood floor is quite dirty so don't walk barefoot!

• 1st Nov 2013

The staff was very lovely and I would be glad to come back there. But the hostel was almost empty so the atmosphere was not so funny. The location is just perfect, but the bar is... not really a bar.

• 31st Oct 2013

This hostel is excellent. The staff are hilarious and very helpful. Everything you need in the hostel and right near everything you want to see.

• 31st Oct 2013

The rooms were literally quite Spartan so don't expect to sleep to a smorgasbord of color but all the basic amenities you need are there: towel, clean sheets and bed, power point by the bed, bed light. I was given a free upgrade to a 3 bed dorm which came with its own balcony and was really good. I stayed another 2 nights in a 4 bed dorm. The problem there was that even though the windows were closed, cigarette smoke still drifted in occasionally from the garden. Need to seal the windows better.

very well lovated, nice people, cheap and very good athmosphere!!!

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

I have stayed in countless hostels over the years and this one would have to be one of the best. The staff are very helpful and genuinely welcoming. The room with a balcony overlooking the street was nice with a small view of the top of one of the ancient theatres. I notice one reviewer complained about there not being any chairs on the balconies. Well, I simply asked reception and they immediately brought ones up. ;-) The breakfasts were nice too. The location is pretty handy too. :-)

We loved it! Shout out to the front desk :)

• 26th Oct 2013

Immaculate rooms, recently decorated. Excellent breakfast. Cosmina, Mihaela ,Florin & Perry are all brilliant staff. They were your best friend from their first hello, nothing was too much trouble for them, even if you arrive in the middle of the night they understand everything. This was our 2nd visit and will come again. Lovely small garden area to have your breakfast in with TV news. WiFi good too. All the ancient sites are just around the corner & this area is very safe.

Hostel is in the middle of Plaka (the touristic area), the staff was very nice. The bedroom was tiny, but clean and well kept. Even though the breakfast is not included for 3 to 5 euros you can have a really nice one. The hot water run out the last day, so if that happens to you, let the manager know and they'll fix it. The hostel has a promotion for eating in the restaurant beside it, but they're not very friendly with the people with that deal, and the food is not good.

Be careful to the mosquitos in the hostel and maybe other unwanted insects that can bite you, I have got a bad bite, I have to go to a doctor since I think there is an infection .

reserved a double room but get two single beds. if that was all, it was ok. no hot water in october in private room and no wifi in the room. a useless balcony which has even no chair. pay more, get less in a private room. no hangers in wardrobes.

If I come again to Athens, this is the place I definitely will be staying. Extraordinary location and very friendly stuff with such a low price were what makes me impress most. Thnx everyone working there...

We rented the private room with shared bathroom. It is the smallest private room I've ever stayed in. There were no posted photos on how small the room is any of the websites. The double bed practically took all the space in the room. With luggage placed on each side of the bed there was not much room for walking even for a single person. I kicked the bed post and the side of the bed several times. They really should just have bunk bed for 2 rather than a double bed for that small room.

• 18th Oct 2013

It was so good that we are going back there next week as we pass through Athens. It was a very chic & safe areas. All the staff were just so friendly. The breakfast were excellent value for money. The restaurant next door gave 10% discount and free drinks just for being residents at this hostel....in 3 days we were on first names terms with the shopkeepers , it was so friendly. Everyone was interested in where you were going & then they would give you their imput,which was great.