Studio Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Santana, nº 7, -ao lado da padaria, Ilha Grande, Brazil

The cheapest option in Ilha Grande, the hostel is very well located, very clean and with a good wifi! Not to mention the huge breakfast...However the common area is a bit small and the kitchen as well but still I guess you cant find a better option for such a cheap price! I really recommend it!

very nice hostel, good atmosphere and the best location in town. no alcoholic beverages allowed from outside which is a problem due to the fact that they sell any in the hostel. the kitchen is really crampy and not a lot of open space to hang around.

Nice location. A bit expensive though.

dear guest, you requested a reservation at a special day, and it was only one night, this the reason price,

Loved our stay here! Hostel was quaint, rustic, and we felt right at home. PROS: Good (sugary) breakfast; good dorms; generally good wifi in common area; good common area; staff were accommodating to us (although a couple of others had issues due to the high season. CONS: Our door was broken on our dorm, meaning security wasn´t amazing. Mosquitos were bad some nights too, obviously not their fault but a screen door would make a huge difference! Will stay here again :)

Fantastic location right near the pier and waterfront. Was a bit difficult at time to determine who actually worked there and they didn't speak much English. Only real issue was that for a day half the hostel lost water which was not communicated to us.

Had a great stay here and would fully recommend. The only downfall maybe is that tehre wasn't really anyone on reception all the time so people could walk in. Amazing breakfast, bed changed each day - which we were grateful of as some reviews suggest dirty sheets but we didn't find this at all. Fully recommend.

Nice, quite affordable hostel. Great breakfast!

Excellent location!! Good breakfast! On the other hand, the sheets from all the beds were dirty, so as the bathroom, the staff were pretty rude, and we had problems because they assingned the same bed for more than 1 person.

sorry, you are not being fair with your comment, a personal comment

Nice enough. had a nice vibe to it but the staff weren't very cluey. I´m lucky i speak portuguese cause they couldnt speak anything else. nice atmosphere and has a cool movie room. no lockers big enough for a backpack and doors are always open... so I chained up my stuff. don´t think youll get much better for the price tho on ilha grande

I have stayed in many hostels but this Hostel has by far the unfriendliest staff. You never see them smile or say hello. On two nights there was no staff, the door is always open and you can't lock the dorm rooms. So it would have been easy for anyone to walk in. The breakfast is amazing but if you get there after 8:30 am, barely anything gets filled up. Other than that the hostel is close to the pier, the supermarket and the beds are comfy.

Studio hostel has a great location and a good breakfast but the staff was pretty unfriendly at all times. The cooker for guests didn't work and there was no oil, salt for communal use. The fridge was so packed that it was almost impossible to open so I'm not sure how regularly it was cleaned. However, great location and decent beds and wifi so it was a good choice.

Great hostel, everyone is really friendly. Breakfast is great and fantastic location!

We were unimpressed that the staff showed us which beds were free in the dorm do we put our things on 2 and when we came back later someone was in one of our beds. Turns out he was there from the night before so his bed wasn't free. Because of new arrivals this meant my boyfriend and I were put into different dorms. Not happy.

Polish boy reception was very good

nice hostel, nothing special. located well, good breakfast. wi fi only in the lobby and kitchen

Great staff!

Many bed bugs

Excelent staff, great location. The room was way too hot. Outstanding breakfast, never had a breakfast like this in any other hostel. Great hostel overall. Worth trying.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Hostel was pretty basic, apart from the amazing breakfast! Staff was good and helpfull! Ensuite bathroom gets busy in big dorms. No much space in the kitchen to cook for yourself but theres cheap eats on the island. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hostel to others!

When i arrive there was a men on the recepcionist that attend me, he was kind of mad because i wanted to pay with card. That was my first bad impression until i met the argentinan girl that is really nice and always with a smile , then she was changing this first impression into a positive way. I stay at miste first day but then i move here because misti was so dirty and studio was really clean, so i didnt regret, the hostel is also good and well locate. Great value for money, Ill recomend it !