Studio Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Santana, nº 7, -ao lado da padaria, Ilha Grande, Brazil

We were unimpressed that the staff showed us which beds were free in the dorm do we put our things on 2 and when we came back later someone was in one of our beds. Turns out he was there from the night before so his bed wasn't free. Because of new arrivals this meant my boyfriend and I were put into different dorms. Not happy.

Polish boy reception was very good

nice hostel, nothing special. located well, good breakfast. wi fi only in the lobby and kitchen

Great staff!

Many bed bugs

Excelent staff, great location. The room was way too hot. Outstanding breakfast, never had a breakfast like this in any other hostel. Great hostel overall. Worth trying.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Hostel was pretty basic, apart from the amazing breakfast! Staff was good and helpfull! Ensuite bathroom gets busy in big dorms. No much space in the kitchen to cook for yourself but theres cheap eats on the island. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hostel to others!

When i arrive there was a men on the recepcionist that attend me, he was kind of mad because i wanted to pay with card. That was my first bad impression until i met the argentinan girl that is really nice and always with a smile , then she was changing this first impression into a positive way. I stay at miste first day but then i move here because misti was so dirty and studio was really clean, so i didnt regret, the hostel is also good and well locate. Great value for money, Ill recomend it !

Well run hostel in good location, great cable TV for the rainy days, can get a bit hot if you end up sleeping on one of the top floors, breakfast is the best I've seen

this place is a must during the period of July/August as it will not be crowded. excellent location close to the beach and supermarket. the owner is extremely helpful and the breakfast is A-MA-ZING, no kidding. for 25 reais a night, it is an incredible price to quality ratio. we loved our 3 days stay there.

A place or a clothes line to put wet towels or swim suits would be great.

• 13th Jun 2013

Best value for money on the island!!! EXTREMELY hard to find, but most locals knows the location so aslong as you find the street (not hard) you'll be fine. Only booked 1 night at first, but ended up staying here for all our time on the island.

Too many noisy around and in the hostel, lack of bathroom and cleanliness. The mattres were pretty old and thin, realllly bad. The breakfast was the best thing. The staff was nice also.

Its a fine hostel near the beach, breackfast is great!

The rooms are big and spacious, but the narrow corridors and lack of open space anywhere else in the Hostel makes it feel very claustrophobic. The breakfast area is very cramped and your climbing over people to get to things. We stayed one night and moved on.

You should install lockers for everyone.

Atmosphere was casual and relaxed, everybody can go in and out whenever, usually nobody checks the door. Be prepared not to get a personal locker, then you can give your things to reception. Location is perfect, a few steps from the sea and centre. I enjoyed my time, met great people at the hostel, but if you are lonely there then the hostel staff wouldn't help, they are not very social or talkative to visitors. But Vila do Abraao is such an easy place to meet new people anyway!

The hostel is ok but nothing special. For this money you can't complain, though. Breakfast was good but we didn't find the staff too friendly. The only locker is in the staff room. You can use it but you have to ask sb from the staff to open it. Not very comfortable. Avarage kitchen and you can't bring alcohol in. They could have cleaned the bathroom more often. No space outside or to dry your clothes. It's in the main area of tge town.

good breakfast

• 30th Apr 2013

The hostel was perfect until we discovered bed bugs in the room... Hopefully they had other beds available and this one was ok. They cleaned everything properly after we told them. The staff is nice, particularly the argentinians. If this would have not happened, I could have recommend it. Location is perfect and the hostel is cozy...