Studio Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua da Praia, casa 7, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Excellent location!! Good breakfast! On the other hand, the sheets from all the beds were dirty, so as the bathroom, the staff were pretty rude, and we had problems because they assingned the same bed for more than 1 person.

sorry, you are not being fair with your comment, a personal comment

Nice enough. had a nice vibe to it but the staff weren't very cluey. I´m lucky i speak portuguese cause they couldnt speak anything else. nice atmosphere and has a cool movie room. no lockers big enough for a backpack and doors are always open... so I chained up my stuff. don´t think youll get much better for the price tho on ilha grande

great breakfast!!!

I have stayed in many hostels but this Hostel has by far the unfriendliest staff. You never see them smile or say hello. On two nights there was no staff, the door is always open and you can't lock the dorm rooms. So it would have been easy for anyone to walk in. The breakfast is amazing but if you get there after 8:30 am, barely anything gets filled up. Other than that the hostel is close to the pier, the supermarket and the beds are comfy.

Studio hostel has a great location and a good breakfast but the staff was pretty unfriendly at all times. The cooker for guests didn't work and there was no oil, salt for communal use. The fridge was so packed that it was almost impossible to open so I'm not sure how regularly it was cleaned. However, great location and decent beds and wifi so it was a good choice.

Great hostel, everyone is really friendly. Breakfast is great and fantastic location!

We were unimpressed that the staff showed us which beds were free in the dorm do we put our things on 2 and when we came back later someone was in one of our beds. Turns out he was there from the night before so his bed wasn't free. Because of new arrivals this meant my boyfriend and I were put into different dorms. Not happy.

Polish boy reception was very good

nice hostel, nothing special. located well, good breakfast. wi fi only in the lobby and kitchen

Great staff!

Many bed bugs

Excelent staff, great location. The room was way too hot. Outstanding breakfast, never had a breakfast like this in any other hostel. Great hostel overall. Worth trying.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Hostel was pretty basic, apart from the amazing breakfast! Staff was good and helpfull! Ensuite bathroom gets busy in big dorms. No much space in the kitchen to cook for yourself but theres cheap eats on the island. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hostel to others!

When i arrive there was a men on the recepcionist that attend me, he was kind of mad because i wanted to pay with card. That was my first bad impression until i met the argentinan girl that is really nice and always with a smile , then she was changing this first impression into a positive way. I stay at miste first day but then i move here because misti was so dirty and studio was really clean, so i didnt regret, the hostel is also good and well locate. Great value for money, Ill recomend it !

Well run hostel in good location, great cable TV for the rainy days, can get a bit hot if you end up sleeping on one of the top floors, breakfast is the best I've seen

this place is a must during the period of July/August as it will not be crowded. excellent location close to the beach and supermarket. the owner is extremely helpful and the breakfast is A-MA-ZING, no kidding. for 25 reais a night, it is an incredible price to quality ratio. we loved our 3 days stay there.

A place or a clothes line to put wet towels or swim suits would be great.

• 13th Jun 2013

Best value for money on the island!!! EXTREMELY hard to find, but most locals knows the location so aslong as you find the street (not hard) you'll be fine. Only booked 1 night at first, but ended up staying here for all our time on the island.

Too many noisy around and in the hostel, lack of bathroom and cleanliness. The mattres were pretty old and thin, realllly bad. The breakfast was the best thing. The staff was nice also.

Its a fine hostel near the beach, breackfast is great!