Studio Reviews

Marka Marulica 1, Zadar, Croatia

The location is good, 5 mins to old town. It's only one 10 bedroom there, studio as its name,kitchen and bathroom are all in the same room. No reception when I was to check in,and the he worked with mood. Network is bad.

The bathroom/toilet was very dirty. He made us pay the integrity of the price although we had already paid 10% before and he didn't let us leave our backpacks there the day after so we had to pay 7€ more each for the locker at the bus station. Besides the door remained open (unlocked) most of the time because the guests left leaving the keys inside and he was not there to collect them. Good points: easy walk to the center and cheap.

The hostel worker - who only stops in occasionally - seemed to hate his job and wasn't overly friendly. The shower was also very dirty. When I arrived, the studio was nearly filled with a group of 17 and 18 year old girls from London. Positives: Air conditioning worked well and the hostel located 10min from the old town.

we have a great experience at the studio. It was different from other hostels, since it was basically like sharing a place (studio) with more 9 people and the staff is available if called. The location is good and the facilities too.

This isn't really a hostel, just a flat with 10 beds. The bathroom shower was disgusting and looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months. There is no staff members on duty and you must call someone to let you in (especially difficult if you do not have cellular service). They did not honour the deposit I had placed during booking. Once the staff got there (30-45 mins) after I called she was really nice. The gentleman who runs it is only interested in talking to the young hot girls though.

For what you pay, I guess this place is decent enough. I'm glad I only stayed one night though. The sleeping space and common area are all in one room and the bathrooms were not too clean. There is never staff there, I had to wait 30 mins after calling a number to get someone to come unlock the door and check me in. The upside is it is very close to the old town center and only about 10 minute walk to the bus stop.

Excellent new loft style hostel right between the Old Town and the main beaches. Open plan room is very spacious and feels very 'modern living' like. Welcome, crowd and atmosphere were all great. Highly recommendable!

Kitchen was a little dirty - some large dead flies on the floor. The shower wasn't great. There was only one for all 10 people and I think hard water buildup in the shower head led to virtually nonexistent water pressure. Also, this is really just one large room with 10 beds in it - more of a converted studio apartment than a hostel. That being said, the location was excellent and the owner was really nice and super helpful, especially in helping us find everything we needed.

Very cute little hostel. Just one big room with all the beds in it. Its presented very nicely. The bathrooms are very dirty, especially the shower which was mouldy all over. The shower piping was also blocked so only a very tiny stream of water came out. It was very well located on a quiet side street and only 5 minutes walk to the town

Very nice accommodation! We appreciated the advice given to us by Tommy, and we met a lot of awesome people that also stayed at the hostel ! The only thing I would change would be more of a clear guideline for silent time at night, the group of 7 Irish girls that stayed with us kept us up until 2am playing music and chatting loudly despite our complaints and then woke us up at 4am when the returned from the bar and then at 6am when one girl used the undone beside our bed as an exit.

• 19th Jun 2015

Great Hostel if you're staying for a couple of nights. Very Welcoming staff, and you have everything you need

Great hostel, though a bit weird that the door was closed when we got there, you need to call him. One shower for 10 people could have been a problem, but wasn't for us. Perfect location and the owner Tony was great as well.

Decent place very close to center. Tony the owner is a very good host. The only concern was there is no common room.

Comfy beds and good advice! A little weird that staff is not present to greet guests (although understandable since it's just one room). Would be ideal if there was a separate room to hang out so as not to bother those sleeping, but not altogether a bad setup.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this hostel! It is basically a room that the owner changed to be a hostel, with ten beds. It just has one shower for those 10 people and there is no reception. So, if anything happen, there is anyone from the staff in the hostel. The entrance door go right in front of the beds and there is no control about it, if the door is closed or not during the day and night. They can't also secure the car parking, which is on the street and the owner was extremely rude!!!!

Very helpful and friendly with information of what wanted to do during our stay in the Zadar

Good hostel, good beds, and well-located. But the shower wasn't working very well. The owner was very cool!!!

Wonderful location - close to EVERYTHING :D :) Lucky we chose this place to stay in Zadar

The location is good, but I found the owner a little abrupt, I arrived late as my flight was delayed he seemed annoyed that he had to let me in this late. When you arrive you have to ring the owner I didn't have a wifi connection do had to flag a neighbour to ring him.

• 5th May 2015

Everything's great, no complaints. the place is very clean and close to the old town. all the things worth seeing are no more than 5 minutes walk distance. the staff is extremely kind and very helpful. definitely recommend. AAA++++

• 29th Mar 2015