Studio Reviews

Marka Marulica 1, Zadar, Croatia

Brilliant place. Super clean and at the time of visiting, being run by the very charismatic Argentinian, Joaquin. He made a fantastic effort at involving all the guests in games and took us out for drinks in the old town. At one point, everyone from the hostel was dancing in the same bar! Very much enjoyed our stay - would definitely stay here again, if returning to zadar.

Nice hostel, nice staff, perfect location!! I really reccomend it!!

Probably the best hostel I've ever been. Great place to meet people. Toni, the manager, is really nice and funny.

Good hostel right near Old Town Zadar. One big room, with 2 small bathrooms and kitchen attached. The guy who owns it is friendly and helpful. Individual lockers to put valuables in. We had a good stay here.

The location of the hostel was really good, but there was so much more wrong with it! The biggest issue for us was that when we arrived we had to call the owner, and ended up waiting an hour in the dark for him to arrive! When he did arrive I found him to be a bit rude, and he acted as if we had disturbed his evening, even though he knew we would be arriving then. The hostel was also a mess, and the kitchen didn't even have a kettle, enough glasses, or decent cooking utensils.

Strange set up with just one main room of beds and small kitchen and bathroom off this. People were banging on the front door, which opens into bedroom, at 5am looking for reception but there is no reception so we had to get up and tell them to wait until the morning because there was no space.

The hostel is not in the center but still very close by walking. When I was there the bathroom and the kitchen were not very clean but still usable. There is essentially no staff and the guy that owns the place is pretty rude but you rarely see him.

Excellent location, near to both the Old Town and the beach. Quite clean and spacious, comfortable stay in the apartment situated at a quite area.

We had a really nice stay in studio, it was near everything, yet a little bit out of the fuz and the noise. Clean, nice kitchen, nice bathroom. Basicly everthing you need. Felt a little awkward when the owners daughter (who was running the place at the moment) asked us for a good review. After that it all didn't feel really sincere. Aside from that, perfect hostel!

Only one room so if all the people you stay with are nice then you'll have the best time!

Host was awesome

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

It took at least 10 minutes for the taxi driver and I to find the place. The owner wasn't there when I got to the hostel, so a guy opened the door for me. Anyone could've gotten in, I didn't feel very safe. When I gave the owner a call, he didn't seem too happy to pass by the hostel to hand me the keys. However, it is around 5-7 min away from the old city, which is good; same distance to the bus station. It really is a wierd place; a big open space with beds... But it did the job.

The room was really cool and decorated nicely. It was also clean but the bathroom and kitchen were dirty. The location was good but it meant that it was very loud at night as you could hear people shouting on the streets, granted the night we stayed Croatia were playing in the world cup so it was to be expected. There is also no staff at the hostel which I found strange, they only came to check you in when you called them.

• 22nd Jun 2014

The hostel contains only one big room with ten beds together. It's not crowded but unlike other hostels which may contain another common room so people can chat without bothering other guests. The price is reasonable. The location is good if you arrive late and only stay one night for your flight, only 10-15 mins walk from the bus station, but it's not inside the old town.

Had a great time at Studio! Great location!

Very diferent: ONLY ONE ROOM! HAHAHAH However, very confortable, clean and very diferent experience

It is just one floor of an old building with some beds, one table, a small kitchen, one toilet and one shower. The building is really careless and there isn't a reception, you have to call the guy when you arrive. However, it is near the old city and there was no problem during my stay there.

Toni, the manager, is a really helpful guy. The biggest problem is that the security is not so good, they do have lockers but the building itself does not offer much security for the things you let out of the locker (since it is not so big to fit a trolley bag in it). The kitchen facilities are very good, there are two bathrooms but only one shower and that can be a problem when the the bedroom is full (10 people).

Couldn´t be more happy with my stay there. Extremely helpful staff and great atmosphere.

Had a great time at Studio. It's really just one big room with 10 beds plus a small kitchen and two bathrooms. I liked the one room aspect because it meant that we got to meet all the other people staying there. The location is LITERALLY perfect. I recommend looking at Google maps street view so you know exactly where it is. Right next to the INA petrol station. The owner of the hostel Tony is cool, but he is never actually at the hostel so when you get there you have to call his phone.

• 2nd Jun 2014