Studios HK Reviews

A2, 6/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

great location, dirty though

Great location, everything you want is in walking distance and it's close to the metro, buses, and dingdings. Really great, really cheap place with soft beds, and it's very clean. AC units are provided, thankfully.They're apartments in different buildings from the main one, and we never went to the main office after so atmosphere is based more on your own roommates. Ran out of toilet paper once, you have to buy locks and towels if you want them. All the outlets are British so bring a converter.

Staff were not very personable except for one younger person who was always polite and genuinely interested in helping. Room was separate from the main hostel/office which made it a bit annoying to go back and forth when we need something like coffee in the morning or any other information. We had to walk down several hallways, go down an elevator, go past a security door, go outside, cross the street, and go up another elevator. Good location in the center of the "Fashion Walk". Near subway.

Booked 1 night, stayed a week. Great location, close to metro station and great shops and malls, nice neighbourhood, 24hs reception, supermarket just in front 24hs open, clean, helpfull and nice staff... Thanks Amy!! I highly reccomend and definitely would stay there again!

Good place to meet people

The hostel was conveniently located near the MTR station (although the building is a bit difficult to find), and staff is very nice and friendly. It'll be much better if we can get a locker in the room, especially since the room I stayed was in the different building block than the front desk, so it's incovenient to go to the front desk for storage. Also, the mat placed beside the bathroom was completely soaked and filthy. The bathroom door made huge sound that wakes everyone up in the room.

The room was clean and tidy, though some of the bedding is old and the a few pillows barely have any fluff left. The wifi password for our room didn't work, so we had to go to the reception area to use wifi. Would be nice to have wifi past 11pm to help plan for the next day's activities in case we return to the hostel after 11pm.

• 6th Feb 2015

I've already stayed in studio, hk hostel for many times for transit. (And visit my friends in hk ). I gotta say this is the cheapest and most safety hostel I've ever found. The staff are very nice and friendly, especially their boss Sam gor. Besides, the location is excellent which near sogo and other shopping malls. You just need to get off from causeway bay stop e entrance, turn left twice and you will find the hostels. I really had great time in this hostel!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • China

real nice, we got a free upgrade from the dorms to a private 2bed room. reception staff were nice. only downside was the dorm was in a separate building to the common room,... so we never went to the common room.. maybe this is just Hong Kong style. situated in the fashion district, I felt under dressed. like hobo.

The room is great. There are five of us, we booked a 5 bed private ensuite room and was given a six bed instead (3 bunk bed) which is great. The bathroom was clean. We were able to use the outside bathroom too, though. The location is great, not too crowded like mongkok. The room was not in the same building as the reception and the common room, which was kinda dissapointed because we couldnt meet other travellers, which supposed to be the point of staying at hostels.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Thanks very much for a great stay! we'll be back! Super pleased with Studios HK!

• 1st Jan 2015

It was so nice becoz of the location!! it is near from the city so I could enjoy trip even late at night. but also cheap price, quite clean room, nice bathroon(+hot water). only the problem was the blanket. it was a little bit dirty. but I really enjoyed the hostel. I recommend there!!!

• 1st Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Great location and helpful staff. Nice lobby to chill and do work. The only problem here is the Wi-Fi. It's so bad that everyone is struggling to get any signals. (especially those at the upper level). Nevertheless, I enjoyed my stay here and the staffs were very helpful!

Great service, I go every month. But be aware, it is a hostel, so you get what you pay for. Location fantastic and I've always found it to be clean.

• 20th Dec 2014

It's a good hostel for hong kong standarts, with very good price for that standart. To room was tiny, but clean, and the location is very good. The only concern is that most of the staff speaks very limited english, with makes comunication kind of dificult, and because that, the staff is a little unhelpfull. I would stay there again.

Excellent location near the subway. A little loud out the window but that is just Causeway Bay. Would highly recommend. Water coolers are a nice plus too.

very good location and most comfortable bed ever.

It was raining at night and raindrops fell on the air con, making very loud noises. We couldn't sleep at all and the hostel could not provide any help.