Studios HK Reviews

A2, 6/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Very good location, 200 meter from MTR Causeway Bay. This is my second time here,the staffs are always tricky.The internet signal is quite bad at the 6th floor.

Nice hostel in a good location. Hard to find, but I think HK is just all around confusing because it all looks the same. Great helpful front desk that upgraded our room to a 3 person suite for free and the room, bathroom and bed were great. Only downfall is the stupid slow elevator and hot hall ways. All in all a great stay! Would suggest it to others.

Great location for shopping

Only stayed here one night so not too much to say. Staff at the desk were helpful and got a nice bottle of water for free which was extremely welcome as it was the beginning of my trip and I wasn't used to the humidity yet. Located near to tube station which made getting around nice and easy. Security was good with locker provided (need your own padlock) Only annoying thing was that I was taken to a separate building to where my dorm was but not the end of the world.

Secure: Average but OK. Someone entered my room 1 afternoon, but I don't think they came into the room to clean, as the furniture was all dusty. I had no idea why they came in, but all my stuff was OK. Location: Perfect!, 5 min away from Causeway MTR and 5 min to A11 Bus (airport). Staff: helpful. Atmos: No idea, I was out of hostel all day long. Clean: Bathroom was OK, furniture all dusty. Value: great location, u get what u pay 4! Facilities: Little room, no windows. is HK, isn't!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Mexico

closed to shopping area, nice staff, but the bathroom is broken.

Upon arriving at the hostel, we were directed to our room which was not even on the same block as the main building of the hostel. We were told that we had to pay the security guards to gain access to the building and that the hostel would pay for it, but when we were paying the security guards we realized the hostel had shorted us about $15 USD. And the guards at the building were not particularly friendly.

It's a great hostel, and even though i booked twin bed, they changed it to a queen bed,. which was very convenient for me, but probably would be inconvenient if i was traveling with somebody.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Russia

great location, dirty though

Great location, everything you want is in walking distance and it's close to the metro, buses, and dingdings. Really great, really cheap place with soft beds, and it's very clean. AC units are provided, thankfully.They're apartments in different buildings from the main one, and we never went to the main office after so atmosphere is based more on your own roommates. Ran out of toilet paper once, you have to buy locks and towels if you want them. All the outlets are British so bring a converter.

Staff were not very personable except for one younger person who was always polite and genuinely interested in helping. Room was separate from the main hostel/office which made it a bit annoying to go back and forth when we need something like coffee in the morning or any other information. We had to walk down several hallways, go down an elevator, go past a security door, go outside, cross the street, and go up another elevator. Good location in the center of the "Fashion Walk". Near subway.

Booked 1 night, stayed a week. Great location, close to metro station and great shops and malls, nice neighbourhood, 24hs reception, supermarket just in front 24hs open, clean, helpfull and nice staff... Thanks Amy!! I highly reccomend and definitely would stay there again!

Good place to meet people

The hostel was conveniently located near the MTR station (although the building is a bit difficult to find), and staff is very nice and friendly. It'll be much better if we can get a locker in the room, especially since the room I stayed was in the different building block than the front desk, so it's incovenient to go to the front desk for storage. Also, the mat placed beside the bathroom was completely soaked and filthy. The bathroom door made huge sound that wakes everyone up in the room.

The room was clean and tidy, though some of the bedding is old and the a few pillows barely have any fluff left. The wifi password for our room didn't work, so we had to go to the reception area to use wifi. Would be nice to have wifi past 11pm to help plan for the next day's activities in case we return to the hostel after 11pm.

• 6th Feb 2015

I've already stayed in studio, hk hostel for many times for transit. (And visit my friends in hk ). I gotta say this is the cheapest and most safety hostel I've ever found. The staff are very nice and friendly, especially their boss Sam gor. Besides, the location is excellent which near sogo and other shopping malls. You just need to get off from causeway bay stop e entrance, turn left twice and you will find the hostels. I really had great time in this hostel!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • China

real nice, we got a free upgrade from the dorms to a private 2bed room. reception staff were nice. only downside was the dorm was in a separate building to the common room,... so we never went to the common room.. maybe this is just Hong Kong style. situated in the fashion district, I felt under dressed. like hobo.

The room is great. There are five of us, we booked a 5 bed private ensuite room and was given a six bed instead (3 bunk bed) which is great. The bathroom was clean. We were able to use the outside bathroom too, though. The location is great, not too crowded like mongkok. The room was not in the same building as the reception and the common room, which was kinda dissapointed because we couldnt meet other travellers, which supposed to be the point of staying at hostels.

• 22nd Jan 2015