Submarino Hostel Reviews

Travessa Angela Chaves, 121, Lagoa da Concei��o, Florianopolis, Brazil

Had a really nice stay at Submarino Hostel!

Very nice stay, very clean. terrible Wi-Fi for most of our stay. Way too many rules posted on the walls, felt as if you were always being watched in case you break a rule. Every rule comes with a fine....never seen anything like this an any other hostel around the world, a bit over the top.

We have a fast and good wi-fi that you can use for free in every part of the hostel, but unfortunately we had a problem with the service that was outside, living in an island this problems sometimes can happen, but its everything works good now. We have only good sense rules, normal rules that you will find in hostels, yes, we have fines if you don't follow some important rules, but is more to scary the ''outlaws'' once the we never apply any fine.

I arrived only because of the reviews and this the best hostel you ask for! The owners and the staff are amazing people and you always have a feeling that you are part of the Submarino family! All the facilities that you wish from the hostel are very good and with the help of the staff it's really easy to get to all of Floripa. Bonus: If you like parties the owners are local party people so here you'll get all the information you need!

good stay, too many rules. very clean and great location and breakfast

Absolutely loved staying at Submarino. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and it made the atmosphere of the hostel very relaxed.. They were very approachable and were a highlight of my trip. The hostel itself was very spacious and clean.. Will definitely reccomend to people in future. xx

• 12th Jan 2016

Stayed 21days excellent home away from home. Great value, quiet location close to the lagoon and very secure. close to the Center of Lagoa. Paola and Guillio are excellent hosts. They are very welcoming and an excellent source of info. they directed me to an excellent surf instructor and language teacher and were patient helping me learn Portuguese. The staff is friendly and cleaning constantly. I love the hammocks, the beds are super comfy and sturdy, bikes on site. I will be back for more . RA

Very nice place to stay at lagoa conceicao, the beds are clean and comfortable, the bathrooms also, the staff is pretty nice. It has a lot of charme and we really enjoyed our stay here.

• 7th Jan 2016

we had a good time there. It is a 10 minutes walk to the centre, where all the restaurants, banks etc. are located. It is 2 houses away from the lagoon, but it takes at least 30 minutes to reach the beach from the village. The hostel has a comfortable atmosphere with sofas and hammocks and two animals ( a cat and a dog, they are really cute :) ). The toilets and showers are really clean. The staff was very helpful ( speaks basic english). The breakfast was amazing ( many fruits, muesli...)

Great Hostel! Really thought through, havin all the "little things" that most other hostels are missing. Would deffo stay here again! great interior set up, info available, stuff they offer in general (from renting bikes/kajaks/surfboards to havin night out-infos, dvds/books for rainy days and just much more.... Find out urself! ;)

This is a really lovely hostel with very helpful and friendly staff. It was always super clean, the breakfast was amazing and the beds were so comfy. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm with air con which had lockers und the beds. The location is good, it's just annoying you have to walk all the way around the town to get to the bus station, but it really isn't far still. Very close to supermarkets and the bus stop to go to the north of the island. The guys gave us loads of tips on hiking and beaches too!

I had an amazing time here and ended up staying an extra night. The breakfast is incredible! They let me check in at 8am and gave me breakfast - even though I wasn't due to check in until 2pm. Plus they let me use the showers at 8pm on my last day, even though I had checked out at 11am. Really incredible service....can't recommend this hostel enough.

Very cool

Staff are great and really helpful. Speak perfect english. Great breakfast!! Comfortable beds very sturdy bunk beds. Location about 10min walk from bus station and town centre. Quiet as off season. Weather wasn't great too visit the island but nice hostel to chill in. Two good kitchens. Fine system a little off putting.

View all Florianopolis Hostels