SugarCane Hostel Reviews

Rua Arara 19, Praia de Pipa, Tibau do Sul, Pipa, Brazil

Nice cheerful complex, loved the hammock outside my room, great staff and good breakfast. Very good value for money.

good hostel! nice breakfast! clean! hammocks to chill! good location! would recommend and stay again! (it would be good if people working in reception would be around more - only one person speaks english)

An excellent atmosphere, in a perfect location, run by a really great group of people. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Pipa. I hope to be back one day!

• 27th Jul 2014

The manager is a great guy. Has a great experience at this hostel. Awesome environment for meeting people and very close to the main street and beach. Going back to sugarcane one day for sure.

It was certainly one of the best places I've stayed at. The hostel is near the heart of Pipa. You can do everything on foot: go eat, go party, head to the beaches. As for the facilities, everything is just like in the pictures, but better. Hot water, clean sheets, tidy up room, it's very much like staying in a hotel but at a hostel. The atmosphere is excellent. Lots of people to talk and interact to. But what makes a big difference is Ricardo, the owner and best host ever. Thanks for all!

• 18th Jul 2014

Very nice, well run hostel that helps travelers meet each other. I have stayed here three times already and I wouldn't hesitate to go back if the opportunity arose. Ricardo is a great owner and I enjoy the layout and setup of the hostel. Great amenities.

The staff , the location and atmosphere are perfect . If i go back to pipa , i would stay Again at sugarcane!

• 9th Jul 2014

Great Hostel. Very helpful staff which made my stay more enjoyable.

There didn't appear to be any 24 hr visible security but perhaps it's not necessary in pipa as in some of the other towns. Staff were wonderful but a little more English would have been even better as most of the guests spoke english. Nice communal area. Would be good if the computer were free to use as most of the time sat unused because of the charge. Kitchen very clean.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Ended up staying an extra 2 nights. The hostel is perfect for a town like Pipa, great hammocks to chill out in, communal areas were superb, we were constantly meeting others. Very short walk into town, 5-10mins to the beach.

clean, good location, good breakfast, the wi fi works good,hammocks all over the Hostel, the bar, the staffs are very friendly, great atmosphere!! fully recommended to all travellers!! basically everything you need where you are travelling on your own you find there!!!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Ecuador

super clean Hostel, great breakfast and the staffs are very friendly, make you feel at home. Barbecues at the terrace, very nice spot to meet people and make new friends, Thanks Ricardo for all the tips and helping us .

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

I stayed at Sugar Cane for almost 2 weeks, and I loved every minute of it!! Ricardo is one of the friendliest, most accommodating hostel owners I have ever met! The hostel was kept spotless, the buffet breakfast is plentiful and delicious, wifi is really good, plenty of hammocks and areas to hang out in, and location of the hostel is perfect. Sugar Cane is a top-rated hostel for a reason, so do yourself a favour and stay here!

Staff is awesome and very very helpful. I got to stay 2 weeks and they gave me some nice discounts! Breakfast is really good with fruits, cake, eggs...... absolutely recommend this place!

Perfectly located, just off the main road so it's quiet but close to everything. Breakfast is good, staff are AWESOME so friendly n helpful n super chilled out. Plenty of communal chill out spots with hammocks, one of the best hostels I've been to, 100% recommend, only problem is leaving, you won't want to!!!

Very fun and well though hostel! Staff is lovely and the breakfast is great! Maybe the city helps to make it even funnier! Had a great time!

I would really recomend it. Maybe breakfast should be better, but that is a small detail. The BBQ they do is the best to hang out and meet people ;)

very good hostel, clean, nice, good vibe, close to everything, the staffs make you feel at home!!!! the wi fi works really good and you can conect any where in the building, several hammocks, the happy hour and the bbs on the weekends are a Blast!!!! full it recomended!

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Argentina

I was there with two friends of mine and we were really glad of our choice! Staff is really nice, bedrooms are cleaned everyday, breakfast is OK (Nothing crazy though!) The only negative point I have was the size of the room (we had a private room for three) the beds are literally next to each other and you only have the space to open the door! The smell in the bedroom was quite bad as well but we know it's due to humidity so... We would definitely come back at the SugarCane!

The staffs there are very good people and the guests I meet there too, so I really had a good time, I came for two nights but I stayed for four after know the wonderful beaches and people in there.

• 29th Jun 2013