SugarCane Hostel Reviews

Rua Arara 19, Praia de Pipa, Tibau do Sul, Pipa, Brazil

It was certainly one of the best places I've stayed at. The hostel is near the heart of Pipa. You can do everything on foot: go eat, go party, head to the beaches. As for the facilities, everything is just like in the pictures, but better. Hot water, clean sheets, tidy up room, it's very much like staying in a hotel but at a hostel. The atmosphere is excellent. Lots of people to talk and interact to. But what makes a big difference is Ricardo, the owner and best host ever. Thanks for all!

• 18th Jul 2014

There didn't appear to be any 24 hr visible security but perhaps it's not necessary in pipa as in some of the other towns. Staff were wonderful but a little more English would have been even better as most of the guests spoke english. Nice communal area. Would be good if the computer were free to use as most of the time sat unused because of the charge. Kitchen very clean.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Ended up staying an extra 2 nights. The hostel is perfect for a town like Pipa, great hammocks to chill out in, communal areas were superb, we were constantly meeting others. Very short walk into town, 5-10mins to the beach.

super clean Hostel, great breakfast and the staffs are very friendly, make you feel at home. Barbecues at the terrace, very nice spot to meet people and make new friends, Thanks Ricardo for all the tips and helping us .

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Staff is awesome and very very helpful. I got to stay 2 weeks and they gave me some nice discounts! Breakfast is really good with fruits, cake, eggs...... absolutely recommend this place!

Perfectly located, just off the main road so it's quiet but close to everything. Breakfast is good, staff are AWESOME so friendly n helpful n super chilled out. Plenty of communal chill out spots with hammocks, one of the best hostels I've been to, 100% recommend, only problem is leaving, you won't want to!!!

Very fun and well though hostel! Staff is lovely and the breakfast is great! Maybe the city helps to make it even funnier! Had a great time!

I would really recomend it. Maybe breakfast should be better, but that is a small detail. The BBQ they do is the best to hang out and meet people ;)

very good hostel, clean, nice, good vibe, close to everything, the staffs make you feel at home!!!! the wi fi works really good and you can conect any where in the building, several hammocks, the happy hour and the bbs on the weekends are a Blast!!!! full it recomended!

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Argentina

I was there with two friends of mine and we were really glad of our choice! Staff is really nice, bedrooms are cleaned everyday, breakfast is OK (Nothing crazy though!) The only negative point I have was the size of the room (we had a private room for three) the beds are literally next to each other and you only have the space to open the door! The smell in the bedroom was quite bad as well but we know it's due to humidity so... We would definitely come back at the SugarCane!

The staffs there are very good people and the guests I meet there too, so I really had a good time, I came for two nights but I stayed for four after know the wonderful beaches and people in there.

• 29th Jun 2013

I loved my stay at Sugar Cane hostal. The place is friendly, so as Ricardo, the owner. He would help you if needed. The breakfast was OK, the cleaning was done everyday, we had towels. I loved the hamacs in front of our room, they were very cumfortable. There was a cupboard for the clothes. I didnt like the fact that we should pay for the Internet on the computer. I would also have wanted a space to wash my clothes. The hostal is cheap though and close to everything. Good job guys!!

very clean, very good breakfast, wi fi works good and the staffs are very friendly, makes you fell at home and they have surf lesson as well together with the Hostel and other tours!!!

• 3rd May 2013

The staffs are very friendly, breakfast is really good, wi fi works good as well, very cozy and it's very easy to meet people from all overs the world, very international, the staffs has English as well. Fully recomended.

• 16th Apr 2013
  • Chile

Plus: + Lots of space + Nice guests + Nice bar on rooftop with nice view + Free towels + Lockers Minus: – What really bothered me is to security – or the lack thereof. At night, there is no one there and the front door is left open. One night a obsessive brazilian guy followed one of our girls inside the hostel! Owner did nod seem to care. – Using computer costs money – Internet was slow – Now free drinking water (tough you could ask to use the one in the office) – HOT

Hi Noel, how are you? this is just a quick message to say thanks for review in order to make it better and better, hoever you booked for 2 nights and stayed longre then 01 week, so i guess the Hostel was not that bad. Pipa is very save and you can come and go anything however its not my fault waht you guys do when you leave the Hostel to go party. as you know we life even 2 minuts from the Poilice, so if you felt anything you should go there and ask for them help. About things that needs to be done to make the Hostel better and better am doing, but its impossible to please everyone!!! Regards, RICARDO

Great place to stay in Pipa. ... I've been there twice and i'll keep staying in this hostel when I get back to Pipa Beach.

I had a great time at Sugar Cane. Ricardo and Marcia were very helpful. Ricardo knows everybody by name, which is amazing! And he makes sure people get to talk to each other, have drinks and go out so nobody is left out just for travelling alone. Breakfast was good. The rooms were a bit small and hot, but had fans and the hammocks outside made up for that. Caipirinhas were awesome and cheap on happy hour! People from outside can come to happy hour. BBQ was great. Kitchen is locked after 10pm.

Great hostel, great staff. Good breakfast. Just the kitchen is a little bit small for the size of the hostel.

Ricardo e equipe, obrigada pela estadia! Minhas sugestão são no sentido da melhora das estruturas do banheiro, atenção para os detalhes como por tapete na saída do chuveiro pra não saindo molhando o banheiro e o quarto coletivo, sabonete para lavar as mãos na pia, coisas assim. No mais, foi incrível, tive os melhores dias de férias em muito tempo aí com vocês. Obrigada e abraços saudosos.

• 12th Jan 2013

Very nice and helpful staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Easy to get in contact with other people. Nice breakfast. The dog made you feel safe. Would stay there again definitively.

• 3rd Dec 2012