Suites DF Hostel Reviews

Jesus Teran 38, Colonia Tabacalera, Mexico City, Mexico

Home away from Home! Great atmosphere and people here!

• 17th Feb 2015

Overall a great hostel and experience.. some lovely staff members and good vibe here. Simple breakfast but the ladies serving every morning were absolutely lovely to wake up to. A true asset! Hostel was having some wifi issues in addition to a water shortage problem (not their fault) which was trying at times but not the end of the world. Common areas of hostel were clean but rooms seemed to get a little less attention. Good location in the historic district and close to the train. Great spot!!!

I loved the terrace with comfy seating upstairs where I could relax alone or with others. I also loved the woman who makes breakfast in the morning, she is so beyond wonderful. She makes mornings a delight and brightens my day. The lady on the desk is also fantastic, so kind and helpful and personable.

Nice and helpful staff. Had to deal with an issue and they were very resourceful in solving it. Small dorm rooms, but best shower of my entire trip. Lots of 1-2 night reservations, we stayed 5. Roller coaster of new people at all times. Nice location, very close to underground stations.

• 5th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel! The location is perfect, super close to street food and the metro, with a generally central location, so it's an easy to walk to bars, the Zocolo, Condesa, etc. I felt safe walking around on my own at night in this neighborhood as a solo woman, and the hostel has a few different hang out areas, which is nice. Definitely recommend it for a Mexico City trip.

• 5th Feb 2015

First adress in Mexico and were very happy to have stayed at DF. Special mention for the staff and the breakfast. Highly recommended!

• 2nd Feb 2015

good hostel! I stayed just a 1night, but i enjoyed city.

All the staff is very friendly, the location is excellent.

Very helpful staff! Big room and breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay again when I'm in Mexico City. :)

• 25th Jan 2015

Wow, amazing hostel. My best experience so far in a hostel. Was planning to stay a couple days to replace my dtolen bicycle but ended up passing a week, and wanting to stay longer. EXCELLENT.

We spent just one night there but the hostel was really nice, except of the broken sink.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The location is excellent--close to all of the major tourist attractions. There are two common rooms both with computers. The breakfasts were adequate but nothing to write home about.

great staff helpful with directions every day I asked.

Stayed there the 2nd time, nothing to complain.

Walking distance from centre. Very friendly staff. Wifi seems to be very good but we had some strange problems to connect in the room. Nice breakfast, clean rooms. The only disadvantage: common space definitely too small.

It was very cold in the hostel, and the tap in our room didn't work at all, so we had to wash hands in the shower.

Thank you for your comments. Sorry you had a cold night, blankets are available at our front desk, we are very sorry we did not provide them. We will fix the tap asap. Fabiola HSDF

Great location and helpful friendly staff. Wonderful ladies running the kitchen. Recommended.

Thank you for your comments and glad you had a good stay with us, hope to see you again. Fabiola HSDF

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, good facilities.

One of the best hosteli ever stayed! Staff were awesome, from receptionist to cleaning ladies! They welcome you literally as friends! As they made warm atmosphere, guests were also so friendly. I was solo traveler but went out every night with diffent people!

Overall, the stay was fine for the value. Great location, and simple living. While the kitchen ladies were so precious and hospitable, the bread was moldy both mornings. Booked through Hostel World with special note that we would be arriving early, arrived early and the staff member who greeted us was not as accommodating. In fact, our room was not ready and he offered a more expensive room without so much as an apology. The manager made apologies to us upon check-out.

• 2nd Jan 2015