Sul Porto Reviews

via Colombo 25, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

The place was amazing had the perfect view and area! The only two things I didn't like was that I was already in a 8 person room and they add a 9 and we only had one bathroom, so was quite busy!! The other thing was the staff, she was super rude specially when I asked her to print a train ticket. Not only she didn't want to print it, but she refused to help me to find a place!

Sketchy set up. Rude lady on reception. You stay in different rooms over the town & it's run by different people, luck of the draw with what you get. Expensive given there was nothing else other than 2 bedrooms & a grotty bathroom. No kitchen. No wifi. Thankfully other girls turned up after my 1st night or I would have left out of safety. The owner of the apartment had friends stay in the other bedroom & they made me uncomfortable. Never had issues in mixed rooms before until this experience.

Would have felt more comfortable if there were lock boxes to keep small valuables.

• 9th Aug 2015

Odd set up, the check in is halfway up the hill which seems to be a reception for many different holiday lets. Sul Porto itself is 2 rooms, one with 4 beds and the kitchen, then the other with 5 beds. It does have 2 bathrooms. Extremely basic but comfortable enough. Has good air conditioning. No lockers. Only 15 odd steps to the harbour area.

It was just a room rented somewhere else. The office is far from the room. It was difficult to access Internet and staff closed the office early so we could not access Internet. NO security at ALL. We had to leave our staff under the bed or in the the room with other bags. Washroom way to small for 8 people to use. Kitchen in the same room as the beds... it was very uncomfortable to open the fridge to get water or make any noise while other people were sleeping.

• 30th Jul 2015

Sul Porto basically rent out local rooms to visitors so that is why the reviews are so mixed. Our apartment was nice, clean and the lady who owned the house was nice. Good location in riomaggiore too.

A little different than the usual hostel - kind of like an apartment dorm but it works really well. Perfect location. Met like minded people and would return.

pretty disappointed after arriving to find out that there was no kitchen to use as described on the ad. We paid a lot of money to stay in a private room for 3 nights. Apparently the kitchen is only available for people that are staying in the shared dorm rooms (who are paying 1/4 of what we paid for a private). No wifi, No Aircon. The rooms are located up a steep hill with 389 stairs to get there - very difficult to carry a suitcase and back pack up with no help offered. We won't be coming back.

• 14th Jul 2015

It was very nice me and my buddy would actually live there unless we got to move to Rome :) everything is good or fine but if wifi was available, heres the best.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

This place was beautiful! It was a little bit of a hike to get to our room at the top of the hill, but well worth the trek. The staff were very friendly, informative, and helpful. The views all around were gorgeous. There was even a little patio out back to sit and enjoy the morning or evening. Lovely place to stay and would stay there again!

• 28th Jun 2015

Nice place, well situated and staff was kind ! It was expensive thought for an hostel, but you can't get anything else in the Cinque Terre.

It's the worst hostel I've ever stayed. we failed to find the hostel coz it's not at the place where it showed on the Internet. The hostel was not even the name it showed on the Internet.Thanks to someone we asked for help and the man called the hostel owner, we got to our dorm finally. It was only a room far from the hostel reception. All of these freaked my friend and me out. Will never ever choose such a hostel again.

View all Cinque Terre Apartments