Sul Porto

Very Good 298 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
20th Oct 2016
6.0

Do not look up Sul Porto on Google maps, it will take you to a different location than on the confirmation email. The bathroom door had swollen so much that it was very difficult to close, there also appeared to be a little bit of mold growing. Stove top also works even though there is a sign to get matches.

• marshallscheider
  • USA, Male, 18-24
12th Oct 2016
7.4

I think this place has buildings all over town and you don't know where you're gonna end up, so I can only speak about the one I ended up in. It was decent. Kind of dingy and small, almost a bit depressing on the inside, but clean enough. No windows. They have a kitchen. No lockers. There's a mid day lockout for an hour or so for cleaning. It was in a good location steps from the harbor. I think the price was alright, cinque terre can be expensive cause it's really touristy now.

5th Oct 2016

The location of the main office for check in is not the same as the location of the actual dorm you will stay in (which is fine, just noting). The office is a little bit far from the train station, but the dorm was near the bottom of the hill with quick access to the trains, which is really helpful. I was there to hike the coastal trail, and this place was perfect for it. Very quiet, comfy beds. The dorm was very nice, clean, with a kitchen/bath. Not social unless you get lucky with roommates.

18th Sep 2016
7.1

Overall, the hostel I got put in was nice, clean, wifi worked. It was towards the top of the main road but an easy location from the main office, great location. I was in an "8 bed mixed room" In that room I was in the main room with another bed and then there were 3 2-bedrooms with doors. I would hope that they had to pay more since they were excluded from the main room basically having a private room. doors were pretty loud. There was no kitchen but one bath/shower for all 8. I'd stay again.

27th Aug 2016
6.3

The room is a steep climb from the receptionist office (a heads up would have been nice) plus the receptionist made us wait with our backpacks in the heat while he talked to a friend outside before taking us to our room. There were no lockers to keep our bags & passports in the rooms. The staff didn't even tell us that 2 of the 4 hikes on the 2 trail was closed & had trouble counting change for our reservation even though it was cash only.

• llerom26
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Aug 2016
7.1

Stayed here for one night as an emergency booking. Was happy with what I got but I can't imagine it'd be possible to meet anyone or make friends here, as the rooms are spread out across the town and there's no communal area. No wifi in the rooms, and I couldn't even get any at reception, but apparently there is some. Surprisingly the most comfortable pillow I've ever had in a hostel! Nice location and rooms were nice too.