Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

It was pretty nice, the place was clean and secure, it offered privacy, it is in the center of Istanbul, it was cheap, and the included breakfast was pretty nice, so who can ask for anything more?

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sultan. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were clean with hot water. There was a decent wifi connection and a bar downstairs which had a really good vibe to it. A good way to meet the people around you. Overall great stay and would go back anytime!

• 5th Jun 2015

Location map confusing as there are 2 mosques at Sultanamet & no one knows where the hostel is & no one speaks English. I was lucky someone helped me find it as I was on the wrong side of the mosque. Also to get there you can take the metro to Zeytinburnu & change for tram to Sultanamet. You need to buy 2 orange coupons for the metro 4TL each. thereare many steps to trip on in the tolet & shower & one of the shower &toilet doors don't lock. The lockers are good for safety & the beds are soft to

• 4th Jun 2015

A very good hostel! The staff were friendly and helped us a lot.

The guy who greeted me at the door was blunt and to be honest quite rude and this was the same each time I spoke to him, however the others I dealt with on reception were great! Perfect location by the blue mosque and easy walk to shops, the tram and even the wharf. Basic breakfast but tasty and the room was clean. Unfortunately there was no cold water so my shower was scolding and the toilet steamed after flushing. Also a guy checked in to my female only dorm.. ?

Need to tell you prior to arrival of needing cash. Staff appeared totally disinterested in job and visitors.

Great location, good food and decent showers. All you need in a hostel.

a good hostel, is clean and the staff help you in everything

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Awesome place! Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Very clean and tidy. Hot showers! All so close to all the main sights around Sultanahmet. Highly recommend!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

They do not have the same services for everyone there is no standart Professional behaviour to customers.

Could use a common room or something. It's rooms added on to a restaurant & bar, but not a hostel in the traditional sense. Good enough service, just again - wasn't really a hostel as such

• 27th Feb 2015

Good accommodation with a good restaurant attached. The Internet is fast and the showers hot. The atmosphere is nice and the location is good. Right next to the Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. Also friendly staff

The location is excellent, right in the middle of Sultan Ahmet neighbourhood. The rooms are simple but good. Only 1 bathroom and 1 toilet for a floor with 8 rooms or so is not so much, but it was clean. I don't like that you can't put the heating of and you are obliged to open the window, but it's like that in many hotels in Turkey.

I sort of got ripped off by the guy at the front desk. He offered to help me buy the cheapest bus ticket to cappadocia. He got me a Nevsehir bus ticket and charged me 70 Lira but when we reached the Nevsehir bus service's office at the Otogar, we got receipts for 60 Lira. So I think he made some commission. But otherwise the guys at front desk were generally friendly.

On one night I could hear the loud music from down somewhere which isn't the best sleeping atmosphere... and on another day I couldn't get a clean towel because they had run out of them but other than these two minor points it was great and the staff was very cooperative...

perfect location, really cheap price and the restaurant downstairs is a great place to hang out and smoke nargile (hookah). staff not overly friendly but you can exchange money at the front desk for a better rate than on the streets. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Istanbul but the place was a little hard on my own to find cause its on a side street so maybe its better to take the airport shuttle if flying in...

• 8th Jan 2015

When staying in Sultan Hostel don't forget to bring you own towel to take a bath because otherwise you'll have to pay for a Hostel's one.

• 31st Dec 2014