Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

A very good hostel! The staff were friendly and helped us a lot.

Need to tell you prior to arrival of needing cash. Staff appeared totally disinterested in job and visitors.

Great location, good food and decent showers. All you need in a hostel.

a good hostel, is clean and the staff help you in everything

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Awesome place! Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Very clean and tidy. Hot showers! All so close to all the main sights around Sultanahmet. Highly recommend!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

They do not have the same services for everyone there is no standart Professional behaviour to customers.

Could use a common room or something. It's rooms added on to a restaurant & bar, but not a hostel in the traditional sense. Good enough service, just again - wasn't really a hostel as such

• 27th Feb 2015

Good accommodation with a good restaurant attached. The Internet is fast and the showers hot. The atmosphere is nice and the location is good. Right next to the Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. Also friendly staff

The location is excellent, right in the middle of Sultan Ahmet neighbourhood. The rooms are simple but good. Only 1 bathroom and 1 toilet for a floor with 8 rooms or so is not so much, but it was clean. I don't like that you can't put the heating of and you are obliged to open the window, but it's like that in many hotels in Turkey.

I sort of got ripped off by the guy at the front desk. He offered to help me buy the cheapest bus ticket to cappadocia. He got me a Nevsehir bus ticket and charged me 70 Lira but when we reached the Nevsehir bus service's office at the Otogar, we got receipts for 60 Lira. So I think he made some commission. But otherwise the guys at front desk were generally friendly.

On one night I could hear the loud music from down somewhere which isn't the best sleeping atmosphere... and on another day I couldn't get a clean towel because they had run out of them but other than these two minor points it was great and the staff was very cooperative...

perfect location, really cheap price and the restaurant downstairs is a great place to hang out and smoke nargile (hookah). staff not overly friendly but you can exchange money at the front desk for a better rate than on the streets. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Istanbul but the place was a little hard on my own to find cause its on a side street so maybe its better to take the airport shuttle if flying in...

• 8th Jan 2015

When staying in Sultan Hostel don't forget to bring you own towel to take a bath because otherwise you'll have to pay for a Hostel's one.

• 31st Dec 2014

The hostel is located within 5 minutes of Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, it is surrounded by restaurants. The hostel is part of a restaurant so the atmosphere is very nice. The only bad thing is that there is only one key per room, so it is pretty inconvenient. Also, the direction on this website is pretty bad.

I had a long layover and this place was recommended to me by a friend. It was perfect for my short stay! Great location, comfy bed and laid back atmosphere. I took advantage of their airport pick up and shuttle which was really convenient as well. Wasn't thrilled about the shower in the dorm I was in, but was very happy with the rest of the facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Great place close to the main attractions is Istanbul. Very safe area and the staff is really nice. The only thing I didn't like was the WiFi connection because it didn't reach the 4th floor. Overall, it is a nice place to stay in Istanbul.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Very helpful staff and very clean facilities. Good location for tourist activities.