Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Best hostel ive stayed in on this trip, and in an unbeatable location!! Guys who work there are super nice and helpful. The bar in the front is great for chilling out and having meals. Hostel is on a very lively strip of restaurants and hotels very close to arasta bazaar and the blue mosque. Enjoyed my first stay so much i came back a second time a week later.

Good stay and central for all the tourist sites. Bar good with nice food. Double room was basic but clean however only one shared toliet and shower for the floor of 6 rooms. We would stay again and recommend this place for its location

• 4th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

It was excellent location and very friendly people. I enjoyed it.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Azerbaijan

A great atmosphere and good location, the cafe/common area is a great place to relax. The wifi wasn't very strong or fast and the bathrooms/wet rooms were quite small and hard to keep clean. Only one powerpoint in the six bed dorm. The man in reception was very helpful, the men in the restaurant were friendly but sometimes a little too much to females. Apart from a few small negatives it was a good stay.

As it was our first time in Istanbul we didn't quite know what to expect. From the get-go we realized the hostel was located just a stone-throw away from the Blue Mosque and several other touristic points. It is on a very vibrant street that comes alive at night, with loads of bars and other hostels. The staff were incredibly nice and accommodating, giving us tips on where to go and what to see and it just made our trip so much better. I strongly recommend it.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel in great location, planning to stay again

• 14th Jun 2014

Good value for money in an excellent location

• 13th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Very good hostel, perfecto location, good bar at the entrance.

There is only one key per room and no lockers. Very little space in the rooms.

Patronizing and ill informed reception workers, bad WiFi, no kitchen, the restaurant downstairs as the only common area, only 2 showers and toilets between about 20 people, and bugs in said showers. The multiple person dorm rooms had only one key each, which means that if the last person in the room forgets to lock the door, anyone can have access. Mostly big groups at this hostel means it's harder to meet people as a single traveler. Working A/C and the roof terrace were nice.

• 5th Jun 2014

Everything was good. But at the end, we wasted our money and lost comfort due to the mismanagement (delay) in arranging a SHUTTLE BUS from hostel to the airport. So we had to take a Taxi and pay extra for it. We hardly took our flight. So dont take any risks like this.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

good location! the room is a little small but clean

Can't complain about our stay at this hostel. Location was awesome, the hot showers, towels, linen and wifi were all great! The bar downstairs had a great atmosphere, spent both our nights there drinking for a great price. Would recommend and stay here again.

The staff here are amazing, as a solo traveller they introduced me to other guests and where genuinely nice people. The only down side is that there is only 1 key for each dorm and no lockers in the room for my bag, I could lock my valuables away but when the room is left open and I don't yet know my room mates it's not ideal. I would stay here again if I make it back to Turkey

The staff were pleasant and helpful, the rooms were very clean and comfortable and the atmosphere was welcoming. The place was spitting distance from all of the sites in Istanbul as well. The neighborhood that the place was it was nice, albeit expensive. All in all, the Sultan is well worth the price.

• 16th May 2014

Very nice hostel for the money. Air conditioner did not work though. The food was alright and the breakfast was pretty good. The staff was very nice and helpful, AND spoke english pretty well.

If youre a guide/teacher and youre ccompanying a group of young students (16/17 years) it is a dangerous place. The bar personel is not cooperative at all. They'll offer them alchol. They'll even tell them not to worry and come back when the teacers are at sleep!! Disturbing!

• 10th May 2014

Professional and honest staff, clean dorms, free access to computers and internet. Party bar at night ( a bıt loud sometimes, could bother some people, it didn't bother us even though we are not party animals)

• 30th Apr 2014

Sultan hostel was perfect! Everything was very good, the staff was very helpful! I really recommend this hostel for everyone who wants to have a good time in istanbul! It is closed to all the main touristic points and the bar is excellent and very fun!!

• 29th Apr 2014

I arrived before check-in time, staff could not find my booking, and I almost stayed a night in a dorm, I had booked a twin room, as this was the only one available . luckly staff found it after I had paid for the dorm. I was then upgraded to a double bed with ensuite with an amazing view.

• 23rd Apr 2014