Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Very nice hostel for the money. Air conditioner did not work though. The food was alright and the breakfast was pretty good. The staff was very nice and helpful, AND spoke english pretty well.

If youre a guide/teacher and youre ccompanying a group of young students (16/17 years) it is a dangerous place. The bar personel is not cooperative at all. They'll offer them alchol. They'll even tell them not to worry and come back when the teacers are at sleep!! Disturbing!

• 10th May 2014

Professional and honest staff, clean dorms, free access to computers and internet. Party bar at night ( a bıt loud sometimes, could bother some people, it didn't bother us even though we are not party animals)

• 30th Apr 2014

Sultan hostel was perfect! Everything was very good, the staff was very helpful! I really recommend this hostel for everyone who wants to have a good time in istanbul! It is closed to all the main touristic points and the bar is excellent and very fun!!

• 29th Apr 2014

I arrived before check-in time, staff could not find my booking, and I almost stayed a night in a dorm, I had booked a twin room, as this was the only one available . luckly staff found it after I had paid for the dorm. I was then upgraded to a double bed with ensuite with an amazing view.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Enjoyed the stay here, a good atmosphere with pub and cafe downstairs. Am staying here again in a weeks time before I fly out of turkey

They must change the mattresses.I could not sleep because the mattress irons hit me in the ribs.

I wondered and still wonder how the hostel got the membership in international youth hostel association. I believed this reegards to a much higher standard than in the hostel. There was only one toilet and shower for the whole floor and i did not like the security they had. You can enter any room because there is only one key per room. Nobody really checks who enters the hostel.

It was my second time there, and surely i will come back!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Iran

Breakfast before 8 o'clock overcrowded because traveller groups but ok, after 8 normal.

• 7th Jan 2014

Our stay was really nice and the staff is very helpful and smiling. The rooms were a bit disappointing compared to what we thought and the view from the room was just terrible.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere, super friendly staff, best possible location, definitely a very high value for the money

Staff were so friendly and always willing to help when needed. Perfect location for site seeing as its just a one or two minute walk from Sultanahmet. Great place to stay!

• 10th Dec 2013

We thought the location was excellent. Very close to quite a few main sites and easy access to the trams. It was also in walking distance to the sea. The breakfast was great and had a decent selection. The restaurant also had great food options for dinner at reasonable prices. The security we felt was a bit slacked.

Stay at the Sultan, it's amazing! The guys that work there are awesome, and it's a great hostel, clean, convenient, and affordable. There is a restaurant attached to the hostel which is awesome, because you get a discount and it's a great place to meet people and make friends. Would definitely stay here again. Thanks Sultan, for a wonderful experience!

We loved this place. Befriend the bar workers, it makes life more fun. :)

Guys who work at Sultan were always responsive to my requests. They ordered a taxi on a short notice, kept my bagage safe in a room, provided key to to the safe to keep my computer in. Thank you for good service.

It was great for a short visit, not too uncomfortable and nice people, even being in the large mixed dormitory was relaxing enough for a great fist few days in the city. It is a good way to see the area for a newcomer because the location is spot-on.

Hostel has to change the facilities in representation, if towels are included, they should be for free, not for rent.

It was great to be met at the airport and driven to the door. Very fine reception from Woltan and very good facilities. Donald McDonald Scotland

• 4th Nov 2013