Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Enjoyed the stay here, a good atmosphere with pub and cafe downstairs. Am staying here again in a weeks time before I fly out of turkey

They must change the mattresses.I could not sleep because the mattress irons hit me in the ribs.

I wondered and still wonder how the hostel got the membership in international youth hostel association. I believed this reegards to a much higher standard than in the hostel. There was only one toilet and shower for the whole floor and i did not like the security they had. You can enter any room because there is only one key per room. Nobody really checks who enters the hostel.

It was my second time there, and surely i will come back!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Iran

Breakfast before 8 o'clock overcrowded because traveller groups but ok, after 8 normal.

• 7th Jan 2014

Our stay was really nice and the staff is very helpful and smiling. The rooms were a bit disappointing compared to what we thought and the view from the room was just terrible.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere, super friendly staff, best possible location, definitely a very high value for the money

Staff were so friendly and always willing to help when needed. Perfect location for site seeing as its just a one or two minute walk from Sultanahmet. Great place to stay!

• 10th Dec 2013

We thought the location was excellent. Very close to quite a few main sites and easy access to the trams. It was also in walking distance to the sea. The breakfast was great and had a decent selection. The restaurant also had great food options for dinner at reasonable prices. The security we felt was a bit slacked.

Stay at the Sultan, it's amazing! The guys that work there are awesome, and it's a great hostel, clean, convenient, and affordable. There is a restaurant attached to the hostel which is awesome, because you get a discount and it's a great place to meet people and make friends. Would definitely stay here again. Thanks Sultan, for a wonderful experience!

We loved this place. Befriend the bar workers, it makes life more fun. :)

Guys who work at Sultan were always responsive to my requests. They ordered a taxi on a short notice, kept my bagage safe in a room, provided key to to the safe to keep my computer in. Thank you for good service.

It was great for a short visit, not too uncomfortable and nice people, even being in the large mixed dormitory was relaxing enough for a great fist few days in the city. It is a good way to see the area for a newcomer because the location is spot-on.

Hostel has to change the facilities in representation, if towels are included, they should be for free, not for rent.

It was great to be met at the airport and driven to the door. Very fine reception from Woltan and very good facilities. Donald McDonald Scotland

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

It may be good if the hostel provide a safety luggage room, as the current one can be accessed by any one. What if someone exchanged their luggage ? Or someone's luggage got stolen ?, since the hostel did not provide any identification such as name tag or reference number on the luggage. Thanks.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Aytuc was friendly most helpful and offered friendly advice. Our room was clean and good value. The breakfast was a good wholesome Turkish breakfast and their coffee better than most hotels. Have stayed there before and have referred friends there and all our experiences have been good. I could highly recommend Sultan hostel as good value and a pleasant stay.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • South Africa

Very friendly with a great bar! Private rooms are the way to stay here. Free sheesha and excellent food, would recommend to anyone. Also live sport every night

I arrived late and checked out early in the morning but it was a pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff member was nice when I arrived at 1am and offered tea or coffee in the morning as I would be missing breakfast by leaving at 7am. There are no elevators so be prepared to lug and one key per room meant I didn't feel comfortable charging my electronics in the open while I slept. By day it felt safe and seemed a great location so I will probably stay there again.

Hostel was on ideal location...every main sites were on woking distance...Breakfast was good (free)... Staff is v hard working...Washrooms are clean...If every bed had separate sockets for mobile charging , it wud be much more easy..One thing i liked about this hostel is that they want to facilitate in every sense...I went to Canakkale for 2 days and i left my luggage in dis hostel..So all in all it was good... Regards Fahad

• 24th Sep 2013