Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Nice breakfast supplied in downstairs area; but no kitchen available to cook own food. Room is pretty quiet at night and has AC so can get a good night's sleep. Also close to the major tourist areas of the western side of Istanbul. Walking distance to major travel hubs including Taksim square where buses from Sabiha Gokcen International Airport stop and the train that goes to Ataturk International Airport.

Amazing stay at this great hostel! Perfect location and fantastic amentities & facilities. Loved our stay!

Great location, really close to all the must-see places in Istanbul, it's gets extremely hot in the rooms, the ac is more like a fan, but overall good place!

Great staff!! Very nice people, excelent location, 100% recommendable

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Chile

The bar staff were incredibly friendly and everyone was very helpful, highly recommend staying here

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Good location and good facilities. Wifi was terrible though, never worked in my room and hardly ever loaded much. Another annoying thing was there was one key for the room, so whoever left last was supposed to leave the key at reception. If they didn't you couldn't get in the room, or most of the time everyone just left it unlocked.If someone took the key you couldn't use the aircon or electricity either.Bad system. Free breaky wasn't that great but okay. Staff were helpful. 6bed dorm was small

Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. Great location, only a few min walk from the blue mosque and close to the tram line. we had a private room with bath room. The room was very small and struggled with floor space with our luggage. Very comfy beds! Wifi was terrible, wasn't able to get any signal in our room but was able to get it in the common areas.

The staff was the best! They were really open you with whatever you need

A great hostel for hanging out and meeting new people. It had a bit too much of a party vibe for my taste but that might be just what many people are looking for.

Fantastic place, great atmosphere very helpful staff prime location. Facilities are a bit old but nothing worth complaining about. Would highly reccommend

A perfect place to stay whilst in Istanbul. The hostel was cleaned regularly, however I found the shower flooded each time, which was annoying.The ten bed dorm was a bit small & I found our fellow roomies to be very inconsiderate, making a good night sleep impossible! The staff were really friendly and happy to help organise things for you. The wifi worked well & the bar was a cool place to chill. The breakfast was great making the hostel excellent value & I would stay here again.

I just stayed for one night before going on a tour but I was made to feel very welcome and the staff were very helpful. A good hostel with plenty of facilities and a good pub attached. Very good value.

The staff were super friendly, very helpful and made recommendations for things to do and places to see, and arranged bus transfers to the airport. The hostel offers both a fun atmosphere and a quiet relaxing stay. The room I stayed in was at the back of the hostel so while people partied til the wee hours at the front of the hostel I did not hear them. The location of the hostel is fantastic. It is fifteen minutes walk from all main attractions: Blue Mosque, Ayasofia, and Palace.

• 20th Jun 2015

Reception it's kind of good hahaha.nice environment,nice weather .hope to see there again.

It was pretty nice, the place was clean and secure, it offered privacy, it is in the center of Istanbul, it was cheap, and the included breakfast was pretty nice, so who can ask for anything more?

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sultan. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were clean with hot water. There was a decent wifi connection and a bar downstairs which had a really good vibe to it. A good way to meet the people around you. Overall great stay and would go back anytime!

• 5th Jun 2015

Location map confusing as there are 2 mosques at Sultanamet & no one knows where the hostel is & no one speaks English. I was lucky someone helped me find it as I was on the wrong side of the mosque. Also to get there you can take the metro to Zeytinburnu & change for tram to Sultanamet. You need to buy 2 orange coupons for the metro 4TL each. thereare many steps to trip on in the tolet & shower & one of the shower &toilet doors don't lock. The lockers are good for safety & the beds are soft to

• 4th Jun 2015

Good location. Cheap for value

• 29th May 2015
  • China

this was an awful hostel. when I arrived there was construction going on and the power and water was out for more than a day. the rooms were cramped and not the cleanest bed covers. the staff was not helpful and not welcoming. the area was very great though, just a short walk to the blue mosque. I actually left my stay here early because of how much I disliked the experience

A very good hostel! The staff were friendly and helped us a lot.