Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I sort of got ripped off by the guy at the front desk. He offered to help me buy the cheapest bus ticket to cappadocia. He got me a Nevsehir bus ticket and charged me 70 Lira but when we reached the Nevsehir bus service's office at the Otogar, we got receipts for 60 Lira. So I think he made some commission. But otherwise the guys at front desk were generally friendly.

On one night I could hear the loud music from down somewhere which isn't the best sleeping atmosphere... and on another day I couldn't get a clean towel because they had run out of them but other than these two minor points it was great and the staff was very cooperative...

perfect location, really cheap price and the restaurant downstairs is a great place to hang out and smoke nargile (hookah). staff not overly friendly but you can exchange money at the front desk for a better rate than on the streets. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Istanbul but the place was a little hard on my own to find cause its on a side street so maybe its better to take the airport shuttle if flying in...

• 8th Jan 2015

When staying in Sultan Hostel don't forget to bring you own towel to take a bath because otherwise you'll have to pay for a Hostel's one.

• 31st Dec 2014

The hostel is located within 5 minutes of Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, it is surrounded by restaurants. The hostel is part of a restaurant so the atmosphere is very nice. The only bad thing is that there is only one key per room, so it is pretty inconvenient. Also, the direction on this website is pretty bad.

I had a long layover and this place was recommended to me by a friend. It was perfect for my short stay! Great location, comfy bed and laid back atmosphere. I took advantage of their airport pick up and shuttle which was really convenient as well. Wasn't thrilled about the shower in the dorm I was in, but was very happy with the rest of the facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Great place close to the main attractions is Istanbul. Very safe area and the staff is really nice. The only thing I didn't like was the WiFi connection because it didn't reach the 4th floor. Overall, it is a nice place to stay in Istanbul.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Very helpful staff and very clean facilities. Good location for tourist activities.

Had a fantastic stay here, only things we could think of that might need some improving is the amount and location of power points in the rooms!

Staff were friendly & helpful. Free lockers provided. Restaurant/bar at entry to hostel. Free breakfast (bread, jam, cereals, greek salad). Free Wifi (little slow - but ok). Great location, 5 minute walk to blue mosque, 20 min to Grand Bazar Market. But no nearby bars/clubs. Shower is little strange- tap head in bathroom with no curtain so floor gets all wet. & stayed in 6 bedroom, but only one powerpoint with 3 outlet adapter attached (not enough for a full room). Overall, would come back !

Great location and average facilities. Nice hot showers! No kitchen and the 'common room' is the pub/restaurant downstairs which is fun for a few nights but tiring after a while. Breakfast is decent. Staff are nice.

I am back at my favorite hostel in Istanbul Turkey....the Sultan Hostel! Wonderful value! Safe! Super Clean! Friendly! Awesome!

We had such a great time at the Sultan, a fantastic, chilled out vibe, friendly and helpful staff, and situated on a road where a lot seems to be happening, with easy walking distance to local attractions and public transport. They also offer a great many excursions to places further afield such as Gallipoli and Troy. If I return to Istanbul, I'd definitely stay there again! Highly recommended.

Nice rooms with comfy beds, bathrooms were not very nice though. Bar seems like a nice place to chill out. Right by the blue mosque and a bazaar.

I add a very good time in Istanbul in that Hostel!!!

• 27th Sep 2014

Great location if you're looking to do the touristy things in Istanbul. Bathrooms were clean at times and rather gross at others. Staff was helpful but not super friendly. I stayed alone and that was fine except the environment lends itself better to groups and it's not the best place for meeting people. Overall a good time and I'd come back with friends!

Best staff members, the bar is awesome set up, location is perfect.

Stayed 1nt on a busabout tour, and then a following 2nts. The room on the 1st nt on the tour was amazing - Spacious, massive shower/ensuite in the room. Wifi however didn't reach this room. The other 2nts was in a very cramped room and the shared shower outside was not good. So I had a mixed experience at this place. Overall though location is very good, wifi good at times, food was okay and breakfast basic. Really enjoyed my time instanbul and was a cheap place to book! Thanks

Sits above a nice pub so location wise you have everything there. Rooms are clean and great, shower and toilet facilities not so much but do the trick. You have to hire towels and the room key is communal and left behind reception, but you are provided lockers. Wifi works in all rooms and the breakfast is ok.

I stayed in a private room with bathroom and it couldn't be better for a hostel. We booked for 2 people but it actually fit 4 in our room, so there was plenty of space. Very clean, organized, helpful staff and great atmosphere. Breakfast was ok and bar could get loud at night. Cons : wifi barely worked in my room, only 1 power outlet in the room (hard to charge phones and cameras at night) and no lockers in the room. Overall it was great and if stay there again.