Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Guys who work at Sultan were always responsive to my requests. They ordered a taxi on a short notice, kept my bagage safe in a room, provided key to to the safe to keep my computer in. Thank you for good service.

It was great for a short visit, not too uncomfortable and nice people, even being in the large mixed dormitory was relaxing enough for a great fist few days in the city. It is a good way to see the area for a newcomer because the location is spot-on.

Hostel has to change the facilities in representation, if towels are included, they should be for free, not for rent.

It was great to be met at the airport and driven to the door. Very fine reception from Woltan and very good facilities. Donald McDonald Scotland

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

It may be good if the hostel provide a safety luggage room, as the current one can be accessed by any one. What if someone exchanged their luggage ? Or someone's luggage got stolen ?, since the hostel did not provide any identification such as name tag or reference number on the luggage. Thanks.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Aytuc was friendly most helpful and offered friendly advice. Our room was clean and good value. The breakfast was a good wholesome Turkish breakfast and their coffee better than most hotels. Have stayed there before and have referred friends there and all our experiences have been good. I could highly recommend Sultan hostel as good value and a pleasant stay.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • South Africa

Very friendly with a great bar! Private rooms are the way to stay here. Free sheesha and excellent food, would recommend to anyone. Also live sport every night

I arrived late and checked out early in the morning but it was a pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff member was nice when I arrived at 1am and offered tea or coffee in the morning as I would be missing breakfast by leaving at 7am. There are no elevators so be prepared to lug and one key per room meant I didn't feel comfortable charging my electronics in the open while I slept. By day it felt safe and seemed a great location so I will probably stay there again.

Hostel was on ideal location...every main sites were on woking distance...Breakfast was good (free)... Staff is v hard working...Washrooms are clean...If every bed had separate sockets for mobile charging , it wud be much more easy..One thing i liked about this hostel is that they want to facilitate in every sense...I went to Canakkale for 2 days and i left my luggage in dis hostel..So all in all it was good... Regards Fahad

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Pakistan

Lived this Hostel, great staff who are helpful and awesome location to Blue Mosque!!!

What I like: good breakfast, location, outside restaurant. What I didn't like: air-con didn't work and nobody tried to fix it. Second morning I met in out room (6bed FEMALE dorm) male backpacker. He've been sent to our room in the middle of the night. I don't think it's normal.

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Ukraine

Great location. We stay in a room at 4th floor and we can see the pretty ocean. And it offers shuttle bus to airport which is very convenient. But the shuttle bus was late for about 15~20 minutes. So take this into consideration if you need to take the bus.

omg, friendliest people ever. atmosphere was great, little bit partyish but in relaxed happy style. staff were so friendly and helpful. i only had one night in Istanbul and planning to go back for a longer stay. i will definately be staying here again. showers werent great and a little different, unwesternised which is great, get a good feel for local culture. good shuttle service from airport and just felt really welcome. good place to meet other travellers.

Great hostel! Great vibes! Thanks guys

• 4th Sep 2013

Great hostel, great staff and very well located. The bar is also very nice. Deff will return if im back to Istambul.

Clean, friendly and central. The bar is great in the evening. I slept well here. I'm planning to stay again for another night when I return to Istanbul in a week.

We absolutely loved our stay at the Sultan Hostel! We stayed in the six bed female dorm. Bunkbeds were really good, we slept very well. The downside of this room is the bathroom, when you shower the whole room gets wet and slippery. A shower curtain would be nice. The staff was very vriendly and helpful and the location was stunning! Topkapi, Aya Sofia just round the corner! There was no kitchen, but the restaurant served nice meals for a small price. You should try the shisha with mint flavour!

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Belgium

All in all was a great place to stay food was amazing, staff were very friendly n helpful. If there is any critic we could give would maybe be one last set of bunk beds in the room to allow a little more space for baggage n being able to move around the room easier but other than that very happy n would recommend to anyone. 😃

As a senior citizen 1st time hosteler, I was very apprehensive. No worry it was like staying with friends. My roommates were awesome, the staff and service as good as a good hotel. Location great for all the highlights. I could sit in the front area and enjoy for hours. Highly reccomend

I was on the ground floor on my first night and didn't get any sleep. There was a room in our window that opened straight onto the main corridor and people were talking and yelling all night and all morning. The music from the bar was also loud. I wasn't very impressed by the showers on the first floor either - there were no hooks to hang clothes etc. So you had to hang them outside the shower door. Then moved upstairs and everything changed, it was fantastic - loved the rooms and the bathroom.