Sultan Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi 21, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Good accommodation with a good restaurant attached. The Internet is fast and the showers hot. The atmosphere is nice and the location is good. Right next to the Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. Also friendly staff

The location is excellent, right in the middle of Sultan Ahmet neighbourhood. The rooms are simple but good. Only 1 bathroom and 1 toilet for a floor with 8 rooms or so is not so much, but it was clean. I don't like that you can't put the heating of and you are obliged to open the window, but it's like that in many hotels in Turkey.

I sort of got ripped off by the guy at the front desk. He offered to help me buy the cheapest bus ticket to cappadocia. He got me a Nevsehir bus ticket and charged me 70 Lira but when we reached the Nevsehir bus service's office at the Otogar, we got receipts for 60 Lira. So I think he made some commission. But otherwise the guys at front desk were generally friendly.

La ubicación es inmejorable. La gente muy buena onda. La comida ahi es mas o menos. Escasa y no tan rica, pero todo lo demas muy positivo. El cuarto de a 2 es limpio aunque muy chico. Volvería y recomiendo. Muy conforme. La narguila y la cerveza son de 10.

On one night I could hear the loud music from down somewhere which isn't the best sleeping atmosphere... and on another day I couldn't get a clean towel because they had run out of them but other than these two minor points it was great and the staff was very cooperative...

perfect location, really cheap price and the restaurant downstairs is a great place to hang out and smoke nargile (hookah). staff not overly friendly but you can exchange money at the front desk for a better rate than on the streets. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Istanbul but the place was a little hard on my own to find cause its on a side street so maybe its better to take the airport shuttle if flying in...

• 8th Jan 2015

When staying in Sultan Hostel don't forget to bring you own towel to take a bath because otherwise you'll have to pay for a Hostel's one.

• 31st Dec 2014

The hostel is located within 5 minutes of Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, it is surrounded by restaurants. The hostel is part of a restaurant so the atmosphere is very nice. The only bad thing is that there is only one key per room, so it is pretty inconvenient. Also, the direction on this website is pretty bad.

I had a long layover and this place was recommended to me by a friend. It was perfect for my short stay! Great location, comfy bed and laid back atmosphere. I took advantage of their airport pick up and shuttle which was really convenient as well. Wasn't thrilled about the shower in the dorm I was in, but was very happy with the rest of the facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Great place close to the main attractions is Istanbul. Very safe area and the staff is really nice. The only thing I didn't like was the WiFi connection because it didn't reach the 4th floor. Overall, it is a nice place to stay in Istanbul.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Very helpful staff and very clean facilities. Good location for tourist activities.

Had a fantastic stay here, only things we could think of that might need some improving is the amount and location of power points in the rooms!

Staff were friendly & helpful. Free lockers provided. Restaurant/bar at entry to hostel. Free breakfast (bread, jam, cereals, greek salad). Free Wifi (little slow - but ok). Great location, 5 minute walk to blue mosque, 20 min to Grand Bazar Market. But no nearby bars/clubs. Shower is little strange- tap head in bathroom with no curtain so floor gets all wet. & stayed in 6 bedroom, but only one powerpoint with 3 outlet adapter attached (not enough for a full room). Overall, would come back !

Great location and average facilities. Nice hot showers! No kitchen and the 'common room' is the pub/restaurant downstairs which is fun for a few nights but tiring after a while. Breakfast is decent. Staff are nice.

I am back at my favorite hostel in Istanbul Turkey....the Sultan Hostel! Wonderful value! Safe! Super Clean! Friendly! Awesome!

Struttura da consigliare . Ottima posizione a solo 3 minuti a piedi da Sultanahmet, quindi vicino alle cose più belle da visitare ad istanbul. Il personale molto accogliente e disponibili a dare ogni tipo di informazioni. Struttura pulita

• 1st Nov 2014

We had such a great time at the Sultan, a fantastic, chilled out vibe, friendly and helpful staff, and situated on a road where a lot seems to be happening, with easy walking distance to local attractions and public transport. They also offer a great many excursions to places further afield such as Gallipoli and Troy. If I return to Istanbul, I'd definitely stay there again! Highly recommended.

Nice rooms with comfy beds, bathrooms were not very nice though. Bar seems like a nice place to chill out. Right by the blue mosque and a bazaar.

Buena relación calidad precio. El desayuno es bueno pero tiene poca variedad. El personal muy atento, excepto algunos. La habitación cómoda, pero la calefacción no estaba encendida y no había con qué secar el baño.

СПАСИБО. Н.