Sultans Inn Reviews

Kucuk Ayasoyya Main Street, Mustafa Pasa Street, No:50, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Staff weren't that friendly and the room was small with no view, but the main problem was price. The first night I booked on line was 37.5 Euros . When I got there they wanted to charge me 55 Euros for the next night in exactly the same room. They said prices reflected availability!!! There are many other hotels in the same area, and I ended up with a lovely room with view at Hotel Antique up the road for 40 Euros, much more personal smaller and friendly staff!

We were in a room that was so small that even a cat couldn't turn around let alone find somewhere to put our luggage.. The bathroom was so old and delapidated.The tiles were cracked and plumbing behind the door looked really ugly. The only asset was the roof top terrace but you were unable to get wi fi from there.There are no lifts so no easy access with heavy bags to 5th floor.

Water was out shortly after my arrival!! Next morning--NO WATER ALL OVER AGAIN!

Facilities: the hotel was very clean, provided a great breakfast. View from the terrace was magnificent. Excursions: having a knowledgable person to guide us and discuss some of Istanbul's greatest sites was wonderful. Staff: aside from one woman who works days (she was amazing), the staff was okay. I was greatly offended when a make staff memeber tried to "scare" us into using the hotel's airport transfer. Don't do it. Just take a taxi for 40 TL, not the 25 euro they want to charge.

Beautiful airy breakfasts on the rooftop w/ view of the Mamara Sea . Daily thorough room service w/ top up mini bar drinks (water). WIFI functioned well all over the house. Set in the midst of crooked old streets 5Min. walk from the Blue Mosque, small restaurants and tiny markets (snacks , fruit and drinks) in the immediate surroundings. A/C got a good workout and was quiet & functioned well. Water pressure in shower excellent, although on 4th floor. Staff very considerate, friendly and helpful

• 10th Aug 2014