Summer Cadiz Reviews

Calle hospital de mujeres 35 y 37, Cadiz, Spain

The room on the street are quite noisy and it's difficult to rest properly.

Location was good but that was about the only thing. The few bathrooms there were were absolutely disgusting. They were always wet and reeked of mold, which no wonder since the entire ceiling was covered in mold. Rooms were crowded. Kitchen was dirty. No one talked to each other. Staff wasn't very helpful. Directions to hostel are wrong. No air conditioning = humidity. No toilet paper. Tiny lockers. Breakfast was crowded for it just being toast. Internet didn't work well. Don't stay here.

I rarely put comment on hostelworld because most of the time, I'm very pleased but this time I wasn't. I think it was very expensive for the quality of the place. The quality of the bed was very poor, I could feel the springs in my back and I had a terrible pain all day long. We had just two showesr per floor, so basically 2 showers for 25-30 people and the bathroom was really dirty. Overall a very bad experience!

The hostel is well located quiet in the middle of the old-town and just a few minutes to walk away from the each. The staff was nice. The rooms were clean. The kitchen was huge an well-equipped. The terrace is OK, but unfortunately there was no one to meet up there. Don't know what was the reason for that.

I loved staying in Summer Cadiz and will definitely recommend it to my friends. All the stuff was really helpful, especially Simon who even took us surfing one day :) One area that needs improvement and more attention is cleanliness of the bathrooms. On the other hand, dorms were clean.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

i recommend this hostel, but unfortunately the breakfast is served from 9:30 am. This hour is a bit late when you have to leave Cadix early!

Summer hostel is the perfect place to stay in Cadiz. I planned to stay there for only 2 nights, but in the end extended my stay for the whole week. It is perfectly located, everything is close, like shops, bars and most important the beach! I found the whole hostel nice and clean with a great atmosphere! The staff is just awesome and helps with every issue. I can recommend everyone to stay there.

• 30th Aug 2014

Had a pleasant stay here. I booked online and in error booked Friday night instead of Saturday. When I turned up on Saturday the guy on the reception told me it was ok and didn't charge me any extra. Good location and showers were clean.

The hostel was well based, really near the old town beach. The staff was nice, the rooftop was nice.Unfortunately they were one big issue for us and I rarely complain about it staying in youth hostel : it's the cleanness. There is a lot of big bugs running everywhere which is really disgusting, the showers are really dirty..

Very nice hostel! I really enjoyed the breakfast and drinks on the roof terrace. Only things that could be improved are that at least in my room it was very hot at night and the shower arrangements is not so ideal, e.g. no dry space to put your clothes or to dry yourself and change within the shower. But the staff is really cool and very helpful!

The hostel has a good location, and the building is nice. For the rest, nothing special. There should be more control on the cleanliness of rooms and bathroooms

Hostel well located. Staff very nice. Amazing rooftop were everybody can have a drink together. I definitively recommend this hostel, though a bit expensive.

Good hostel. Extremely friendly male staff member, other staff were average. Showers were very dirty and some shower heads were broken. Kitchen was small and dirty but the rooftop terrace was awesome to hangout at.

Very good hostel with all you need to stay well.

Nice hostel with friendly staff and a lovely patio on the top floor

The location was good. The staff couldn't give any recommendations to eat so we got really bad paella. The bathrooms are gross. We paid for a 6 bed dorm but were put in a 10. And his justification was, there are only 6 people staying tonight. The breakfast is really average. Toast, jam and packet croissants.

Doors to the rooms aren't self locking. Advantages: can't lock yourself out. Disadvantages: it is easy to accidentally leave the door unlocked. Other than this a great hostel.

They had the keys mixed up so we couldn't get into our room at first. It was very inconvinient.

It was a good time at Summer Cadiz. The staff is very nice and helps a lot. The breakfast at the roofterrace was really nice. I liked that we got a key to lock the door of our room, safe and the main door. I would come again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3