Summer Cadiz Reviews

Calle hospital de mujeres 35 y 37, Cadiz, Spain

Es una buena hostal, así que no sé por qué hay comentarios pasados negativos, pero cuando estuve allí, todo era bien en general. Simo, el chico que trabajaba las noches es muy amistoso y nos ayudó mucho. Hay otros empleos menos amables, pero bueno. It's a pretty good hostel, so I'm not sure why there are negative comments in the past, but when I was there, everything was good generally speaking. Simo, the guy that worked nights is very friendly and he helped us a lot. Others not as helpful...

The living and cooking areas were great for socialization. Javier and Nimo were both awesome, willing to help with anything. I was there in winter, so rooms were pretty cold. Breakfast was pretty disappointing, and I felt like it wouldn't take much to take it up a notch to something people would be excited about. Just some good bakery bread rather than the cheap pre-sliced stuff and a cereal better than soggy cornflakes would make a huge difference.

Javi the main member of staff was amazing. So helpful, friendly and kind. He made us feel very welcome and was always happy to help- even calling up to book us into things. When we left something behind he sent it back to England too. He made the hostel. The lady who worked there was very miserable however and made us feel uncomfortable a lot of the time.

I don't think there is any interest in comments. Also no breakfast except coffee and packaged small pastry, no fruit or cereals, or eggs. This is served at 10 am, long after people are up and would appreciate a bit of breakfast.

Quaint hostel, nice location, with a very friendly staff. Although when I arrived my bed did not have any sheets or anything on it really. I had to take the sheets and duvet off other beds in the room - no one else was staying with me when I checked in. However a member of staff came in a day or so later to make up the other beds as others were going to join me and he offered me a coffee to make up for it, which was really nice. Overall nice place to stay.

Nice place in the (more or less) city centre of Cadiz. Very nice and well equiped kitchen with common room, Nice and helpfull staff. Nice place to stay for one/two days. It is very close to beach etc.

Very bad internet connection, small and dirty showers, old beds, very small rooms (4bed)..

The room on the street are quite noisy and it's difficult to rest properly.

Location was good but that was about the only thing. The few bathrooms there were were absolutely disgusting. They were always wet and reeked of mold, which no wonder since the entire ceiling was covered in mold. Rooms were crowded. Kitchen was dirty. No one talked to each other. Staff wasn't very helpful. Directions to hostel are wrong. No air conditioning = humidity. No toilet paper. Tiny lockers. Breakfast was crowded for it just being toast. Internet didn't work well. Don't stay here.

I rarely put comment on hostelworld because most of the time, I'm very pleased but this time I wasn't. I think it was very expensive for the quality of the place. The quality of the bed was very poor, I could feel the springs in my back and I had a terrible pain all day long. We had just two showesr per floor, so basically 2 showers for 25-30 people and the bathroom was really dirty. Overall a very bad experience!

The hostel is well located quiet in the middle of the old-town and just a few minutes to walk away from the each. The staff was nice. The rooms were clean. The kitchen was huge an well-equipped. The terrace is OK, but unfortunately there was no one to meet up there. Don't know what was the reason for that.

I loved staying in Summer Cadiz and will definitely recommend it to my friends. All the stuff was really helpful, especially Simon who even took us surfing one day :) One area that needs improvement and more attention is cleanliness of the bathrooms. On the other hand, dorms were clean.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

i recommend this hostel, but unfortunately the breakfast is served from 9:30 am. This hour is a bit late when you have to leave Cadix early!

Summer hostel is the perfect place to stay in Cadiz. I planned to stay there for only 2 nights, but in the end extended my stay for the whole week. It is perfectly located, everything is close, like shops, bars and most important the beach! I found the whole hostel nice and clean with a great atmosphere! The staff is just awesome and helps with every issue. I can recommend everyone to stay there.

• 30th Aug 2014

Had a pleasant stay here. I booked online and in error booked Friday night instead of Saturday. When I turned up on Saturday the guy on the reception told me it was ok and didn't charge me any extra. Good location and showers were clean.

The hostel was well based, really near the old town beach. The staff was nice, the rooftop was nice.Unfortunately they were one big issue for us and I rarely complain about it staying in youth hostel : it's the cleanness. There is a lot of big bugs running everywhere which is really disgusting, the showers are really dirty..