Summer Hostel Koh Tao

Superb 244 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 244 Total Reviews

24th May 2017

Such a welcoming and friendly hostel. Luke and the rest of the staff really make it their business to include everyone. Before you check out they'll ask if you're all sorted with onward travel etc which we thought was really sweet. Would definitely reccomend and stay again. Atmosphere 10/10

20th May 2017

Staff could not be more helpful and friendly if they tried! Always happy to book thinksome for you, take you out to the nicer beaches around the island and very accommodating if you need to extend your stay (which most people do). I'd definitely come and stay again

And you are coming to stay again :) Looking forward to seeing you later today

• LRMC94
  • Northern Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th May 2017

Having read all the great reviews I thought it would be too good to be true - it wasn't! Nicky emailed prior to arrival to make sure everything was in check & arranged a pick up for us at the pier. The room was spotless. One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed at. There was a great atmosphere with everyone chilling in the common area. Luke gets everyone together to go out which is great for meeting people. All round great stay, would certainly recommend. Thanks Nicky, Luke & Apple! L x

Just wish you could've stayed longer babes :) Next time

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
17th May 2017

Perfect Hostel for a solo traveller, the staff are excellent and the atmosphere is superb. Met so many cool people, I had booked for 2 night's and stayed for 9. I am going to miss this place.

Not as much as we're going to miss you - I think the sad music playing as you left said it all. It just means you have to come back and visit us again :)

• Denmark, Male, 25-30
14th May 2017

I understand why this is the highest rated hostel on Koh Tao. The location is the only thing that isn't amazing here. It takes 15 minutes to walk down to the city. But it has a 24/7 supermarket right across the road, so that makes up for it. It was clean and the staff (and the other guests) were the nicest people I've ever met. The lockers for the room I stayed in was outside and not in the room, which is the only negative thing about the security, that I can put a finger on. Amazing for soloers

Glad you enjoyed your stay :) I understand your comments about the lockers but they are bolted to the wall, people can use their own padlocks and they're covered by two 24/7 HD CCTV cameras. Hope to have you back visiting us again soon

• jess_inchy1756
14th May 2017
7.7

Pros: very easy to meet other travellers- social area is very good! The staff are knowledgable about things to do on the island! Supermarket directly opposite-drinks/alcohol are allowed from outside Cons: if you're in an aircon room upstairs then they're right near the social area so you get woken up ALOT! Showers aren't particularly that clean. SOME members of staff made me feel a little uncomfortable. You have to leave a 700bhat deposit for towel and key which I thought was unnecessary.

Thanks for your informative review. Despite your comments we're pleased to see you've re-booked to stay at Summer in a couple of days :) Just to respond, the showers are cleaned at least twice a day, the main common area is closed at midnight and 99% of the time everyone up for a party has left the hostel by 11pm. We charge 50 baht for towel rental and take 150 deposit - the towels physically cost us 200 baht so should someone damage it or wish to keep it we don't have to charge them more money. The 500 baht key deposit is fairly standard and helps encourage people to look after their keys.

13th May 2017

Had an amazing stay here, the people and atmosphere is great with a sociable lounging area out the front where you can make meals as well. The owner is such a lovely person it really makes a difference to the stay. Plus dogs to play with! Nice clean and comfy rooms too. Short walk into town and beach but right opposite the big supermarket so it's worth being a bit further inland

So glad you enjoyed your stay, welcome back anytime :)

10th May 2017
6.0

I didn't love this place. AC was only on at night and there was no where cool to escape to otherwise. It's probably because it's close to the beach, but everything felt dirty and sandy all of the time. The native English speaking staff were helpful and the Thai woman was super sweet, but I had a hard time communicating. I will say, rooftop yoga was awesome, but you don't need to be a guest to participate. One night the bars were closed so everyone partied at the hostel. Not fun.

Thank you for your comments - we can't have been all bad as you did chose to extend. In response to your points - we only turn the AC on in the rooms in the evening as generally nobody is in the dorms during the day - they are out enjoying the island. Also the rooms need to air. We're a 10-15 minute walk from the beach and all the dorms, bathrooms and common areas are cleaned at least twice a day so if you could please contact me and let me know where specifically you found the hostel to be dirty we can get that sorted. Both our Thai staff speak English and I am always on call so if there was an issue you just had to ask and I would have been there to help. It's a shame you didn't enjoy socialising with the other guests - it's part of the hostel experience. They did stay in after 11pm one night but the common area was still shut down by midnight and there was no noise to disturb sleeping guests. If you wish to discuss any of your points further I would appreciate your help to improve the hostel so please just contact me. Thanks, Nicky

• England, Female, 25-30
9th May 2017

Absolutely amazing hostel. Could not fault it. Rooms and bathrooms were the cleanest of any hostel I've stayed in. Atmosphere was brilliant for meeting other travelers. All of the staff were fantastic, luke, apple and Nicky all treated you like family and couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming. Would definitely recommend and will be back one day! Miss you guys!

Miss you moooorrreeee!!!! Hurry back :)

9th May 2017

I don't think I have ever asked to extend so much at a hostel as I did here. It's amazing! Rooms are lovely and clean, the cleaners do an awsome job 3 times a day!,both fan and a/c (as I stayed in both) but the staff are what make this hostel Nicky,Luke and Apple are all fantastic they will go out of their way to help you with anything from booking whatever you need to partying. This is the last hostel on my trip and I definitely saved the best till last! I will be back miss you guys already!!

I didn't think we'd ever get you to leave haha. Obviously it was an absolute pleasure and I seriously hope we do get to see you again one day.