Summer Hostels - Meadowcourt Reviews

13- 29 Meadow Court, Sciennes, Edinburgh, Scotland

unfortunaly our backpack was stolen from the luggage storage. so all and all a expensive weekend, loosing the clothes and the bacpak..... Further good value for the money , friendly staff.

• 17th Aug 2013

I thought we had booked for 8 (luxury) beds, but found ourselves with 4 doubles instead. The kitchen was also not equipped with sufficient plates, bowls etc. to cater for our group. Maybe we should have made a fuss about it at the time, but got on with it instead, as after all we were on holiday. Some misinformation from a member of the staff, who told me that I could use the car park for loading the car on the last morning, got me a parking fine and I hope this will be sorted out in due time.

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

We got what we expected - rooms in a student dorm. The floors were really dirty and the kitchen and bathrooms weren't particularly clean. Since you stay in individual apartments there isn't much of an atmosphere, which isn't why you would stay here in the first place. It's cheap and if you don't mind walking a bit, the location is fine too. The many, many, many doors you have to pass through to get to anywhere within the building are a complete nuisance.

disgusting experience!! In 48 Hs no one clean the bathroom, a sheared bathroom shoul be cleaned many times a day!! Neither a bin in the bathroom!! should be shame off!!!

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Argentina

The toilet was broken, and we had to clean the floor in our room with the vacuum before we would use it. We told the staff but i'm unsure if anything happened

• 2nd Jul 2013
  • Denmark

You can't really complain at the prices offered here. The hostel isn't the greatest - it doesnt provide information for tourists. But, for around £7 you can get a private bed and your stuff will be safe. You can't ask for more at that price. Don't think of it as a hostel, more as a place to stay. Would recommend. (Not disgusting) :)

They're older student dorms that could use some refurbishing, but it served our purposes. Our room had a small bed, desk, chair, and closet and there were two bathrooms to share between 6 rooms. Downstairs was a kitchen though we didn't use it. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the city center, but a cab only cost around 5-6 pounds to get there. Staff was friendly but seemed like students working part time, disorganized and playing on Facebook. Overall good for cheap accomodation but nothing fab

The rooms was clean and had a nice atmosphere. If I get another opportunity to stay there I will.

• 17th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

The sound insulation is horrible and you can hear every step and door closing. Otherwise rooms are fairly good and the distance from the center is not bad. Hot water runs out very fast and toilets are not cleaned every day.

please answer the e-mail from the customers. If you told me about the paying method before arrival, I would be prepared before arrival. but you didn't answer for my e-mail, and I think you don't care about the e-mails. and i don't know why my room was opened in some days during the staying there. I didn't lose anything, but it was quite strange. and my room was located at 0 floor, and i cannot open my window, I want to change my air in my room but I don't have any method to do it.

• 7th Jun 2013