Summer House Backpackers Reviews

153 Forbes Street, Wooloomooloo, Sydney, Australia

Bed was good and the location superb, however the facilities would be good if they were clean. Bathrooms are small and often occupied. Many insects around even after fumaigation due to uncleanliness of people staying. If this hostel was valued at $10 a night it would still be overpriced.

Wow, cool hostel! Events every day and WiFi+breakfast included! Thats not a normal thing in hostels! Normally you have to pay a lot for wifi in backpackers, this is awesome! They really care about there backpackers! Its like a big family! I will come back for sure! GREAT STAFF!!! Thanks!!

• 12th Jan 2016

From the first moment I checked in, everybody was welcoming me! It was so lovely! I wish I could stay longer! There was a big courtyard where you can sit in the evenings and having drinks, food with the other backpackers. Everybody there is so nice! The facilities are not the newest, but all very clean! I definitely recommend it to all!!

• 12th Jan 2016

No Air Conditioning. And ventilation is not good so rooms are quiet hot in summer. Cockroaches. The floor of whole room shakes when even one person is just walking in it. Scared me several times during sleep as the bed shook like there is an earthquake. Staff was nice.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Pakistan

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in on the east coast it really put a downer on our stay at Sydney. Infested with cockroaches, rude staff and rude long stay residents, nobody makes you feel welcome at all unless you are part of their click, they didn't make room to sit down for us on a number of occasions when we had made dinner we had to stand up in the kitchen eating. Basically just don't stay there, save your money and your time.

• 28th Dec 2015

The bad thing was there were cockroaches everywhere...room, bed, inside the blankets, bathrooms, awful. The good thing, location and all the activities they had for christmas and new years.

Rude staff, not very clean, only 2 bathrooms which were filthy, cockroaches. Never again.

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Senegal

COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE! It's not nice having them in your room and in your bed. I've backpack all down the coast and not experienced anything like that. They really need to sort this out!

Cockroaches were a problem in what was otherwise a nice hostel with good location & security.

It is alright to stay in if you're not a maniac or too picky but it's not that great. The courtyard is nice and so is the TV room, the kitchen needs more space. The bathrooms however, compared to where I am staying right now are not up to par, they could use an overhaul. They're like camping bathrooms, which is not a compliment, and while I was there both shower heads were broken and one was replaced 3 days later. There was dust all over the room. However the atmosphere seems nice and staff too

• 17th Nov 2015

This place is just dirty and gross! The staff have to clean up after the residents because people just don't do their own washing up properly and don't seem to care. I've never seen any cockroaches in any other hostel, but this one is INFESTED. The bathrooms for the most part were digusting, one on the second floor appeared to never be cleaned while I was there for a week. I think they're just so overwhelmed by their long-term, lazy residents they can't deal with everything at once.

Good Hostel, friendly stuff but also quite big. Loads of people staying there, but the Hostel dies some activities like movie night

Best hostel I've been to in Australia. Cheers Constantin

• 27th Oct 2015

Friendly staff and friendly people! Only down side it the cockroaches crawling up the side of the wall while you're trying to sleep, other than that good value for money, only stayed a couple of nights but would have stayed more

The location was great. The cleanliness in the room was the worst part because there were a lot of people from Travel and Holiday Program and they work almost everyday so they would leave almost everything on the ground. The room was very smelled so the first night I need to turn on the fan, open the window to get rid of that smell. I would choose another place to stay, when I later visit Sydney.