Summer House Backpackers Reviews

153 Forbes Street, Wooloomooloo, Sydney, Australia

nice place. loved the individual electricity plugs.

worst internet ever. allowed smokers to smoke outside porch, could smell it on the ground floor

• 10th Jun 2015

Very good that it has free wifi and free breakfast, would of liked it if it was a bit cleaner and a little more homely. Would stay hear again :) the staff were friendly and the atmopshere was good can get quite loud at night.

• 8th Jun 2015

Stuff is very kind and helpful!

Best bed I ever had in a hostel! Very well located close to a train station and walking distance to city center. Clean enough, but vacuuming could be done at another time (not at 8AM). People were nice even though it was mostly german and dutch travellers who tend to stay with each other. Good breakfast served every morning and delicious pancakes on Sunday :D Friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend staying at this hostel.

• 4th Jun 2015

Awesome breakfast and meet a lot friends there.

Great stuff!!

Me and my partner stayed at summer house for four nights. The place was clean and staff were polite. The downside to our stay was that there was one toilet and one shower shared between four dorms which got really busy as you could imagine, but on the first floor they have a different setup which did help. The hostel is in a good location too, right near the station and a short walk from the cbd!

Very nice Hostel! The staff and the People around there are so nice and helpful. You feel very comfy fit the first moment! I really enjoyed the atmosphere (: the facilities are old and some things has to ne fixed, but you know they all try their bests! Would come again at any time!!

• 11th May 2015

By far the best Hostel I have ever stayed in, staff and tenants make you feel welcome as soon as you walk in , always something to do as they plan events every night. Cheap, clean, free wifi and free breakfast, cannot fault this hostel at all!

• 1st May 2015

I had a great time staying at Summerhouse. It's a good location, with a good atmosphere. The room was really hot, even with the fans on. The bathroom situation was pretty abysmal, and that would be my only one really big complaint. They never really felt clean. Too few showers for that many people. I don't think there ever wasn't a lineup to shower. The two new showers are awesome, but weren't in use for most of my stay. I'm sure they will help alleviate the lineups. Otherwise, I had fun. :)

Staff are very friendly and helpful, the location is within walking distance of the city. However there was no where near enough toilet and shower facilities for the amount of people in the hostel and the cleanliness of them were horrendous. The kitchen was OK but again not the cleanest.

It is a nice hostel, Natasha is helpful, probably one of the bests in Sydney. though a few things bothered me. it seems that the hostel is made specially for Germans.The hostel is full of it.So not really best place for an international meeting.People just started to talk to me in German as they assume everyone in there speaks German. corridors smell like stinky feet, sink in room18 dirty showers don't seem to be well enough cleaned and not often enough see the number of people using it daily.

I booked Summerhouse for a week when I arrived in Sydney and have now been here for nearly 4 months. A great hostel with a buzzing atmosphere, countless friendly and interesting people, free breakfast, central to everything and an awesome events team that organise things to do every night of the week. You couldn't ask for a better hostel.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Wales

That's my second stay in this hostel and if I'll go back in Sydney one day, I'll come back in this hostel. Really good place to stay: clean rooms beds and showers, friendly staff, nice courtyard, free wifi, free breakfast...

One of my best stay in Australia. Friendly staff, clean hostel with a courtyard, good breakfast, wifi and cheap rooms.

Such a friendly and welcoming hostel! I had so much fun, cannot fault it at all!

This hostel was great only stayed one night and I got upgraded from a dorm to a private room for free. The staff are all lovely and very informative, really great place to stay in Sydney at a small budget! Would definitely stay again when visiting Sydney :)

Beds were comfortable and the room was a decent size. The ceiling fan definitely made a difference. Nowhere near enough bathrooms for number of people there though. Also the room keys could opebt every single door as well as the main one, so not the best. However there were lockers in each room. Location was good, surprisingly quiet for Kings Cross and I could see the harbour bridge from my window. Overall an enjoyable stay with just the lack of bathroom facilities really letting it down.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Really cool hostel. Friendly staff and easy to meet people!