Summer of Italy Hostel Reviews

Block B Room601, No.3008 Yitian Road, Huangdu Square, Futian District, Shenzhen, China

Cute hostel. In a hard to find location, but situated nicely near Coco Park and also close to the Hong Kong border by metro. It was really quiet the one night I stayed, but staff were friendly and it was a really laid back atmosphere. There's one bathroom shared among several rooms and can be a hassle when someone is taking a long shower but was not that huge of a problem. The doors aren't locked but they have lockers you can use.

The place was far away from the metro and extremly dirty. Also the hostel was overbooked so we slept on the couch in the common room. That was ok but the two hostel owners slept in the room as well so it was very inconvenient. The atmosphere was not good either. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

The staff was not professional at all nor very smart. Ahead of time we had scheduled to check in late at 1am. Our flight was delayed, however, and although I emailed them, they still gave our rooms away. I was very upset that the management suggested it was our fault that the flight was delayed and why we were late. I was surprised too he didn't check his email before giving our rooms away. The facilities were not very clean either and the doors were left open all night. I would not stay again.

• 4th Apr 2015

Hi,Alex.Thank you for your review.When you book our hostel,there is a option about what time you will come.The latest time is 19:00.And you email me said you will come 1:00.I email you back said it was no problem.I will leave beds for you,and waiting for you.I waited until 1:00am,but you still not came,actually you came at 2:50.But you said you email me again,late 1and half hour again.You know it was 1:00am,we were not checking email and working such late.Have a good day!

Reasonable place if you're passing through as it doesn't offer much more than the basics. Essentially a converted pair of apartments with bunk beds in the living room 'dorm' area, with some private rooms available elsewhere. The bathrooms like the rest of the place aren't the cleanest, with tired and poor quality facilities. Despite being busy, there wasn't your typical 'hostel-vibe', perhaps because many people are only there for business/passing to HK. Friendly staff, but not so enthusiastic.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I really enjoyed my stay there. The hostel manager was awesome and helpful. The hostel was within a walking distance of Coco Park, the nightlife area here in Shenzhen, which made it convenient for going out. The only thing I would critique about this hostel was that it was a little hard to find. Just make sure to email the manager for his phone number when you book it here.

Thanks!Man. Have a good stay in China.

Location is really great, This hostel located nearby COCO PARK. that a big shopping center which have great bar street and great restaurant. to metro station, about 10 minutes by walk. all steps can speak English very well.(of course they can speak Chinese better) The building located this hostel, is very clean and safety at the lobby, security stay 24 hours. I really satisfied of days in this hostel, I recommand this!

• 9th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Really hopeful have a good stay in China.

The Hostel was good. Just the Bath Need To be cleaned more. The place was nice, but not easy to find. The staff was very helpful and able to speak English very good. I would recommend the hostel!

Rooms are extremely cramped - a lot smaller than I expected, but the bathroom was relatively clean. If you need a hostel just to sleep, it's a good choice, but if you are looking for atmosphere I wouldn't recommend it. The guy running the place is pretty nice as well.

This is a decent hostel, a little unconventional in that it's two apartments that have been 'converted' into a hostel. The owners are friendly and very helpful, one met me at midnight so I could check in. Not much else to say, it's about a 10-15 minute walk to a metro station, basic facilities, lockers for guests, laundry facilities.

I enjoyed staying here . The location in excellent, near city center.Staff really friendly and good english.This is I live in China a few hostels which has very soft mattress. It is more a hostel for people who work or study in Shenzhen,and also much travellres from all over the world hostel. However it is a friendly place and I would recommend it to my friends.

Thank you for your advice.We will continue to work hard.Have a good day!